- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 597086, 6 pages
Substance P Signaling Contributes to Granuloma Formation in Taenia crassiceps Infection, a Murine Model of Cysticercosis
1Section of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
2Division of Gastroenterology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington St., Box 233, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Received 8 August 2009; Revised 19 October 2009; Accepted 4 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Armandina Garza et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Avantika Verma, Kashi Nath Prasad, Rakesh Kumar Gupta, Aloukick Kumar Singh, Kishan Kumar Nyati, Arshi Rizwan, Chandra Mohan Pandey, and Vimal Kumar Paliwal, “Toll-Like Receptor 4 Polymorphism and Its Association with Symptomatic Neur ocysticercosis,” Journal of Infectious Diseases, vol. 202, no. 8, pp. 1219–1225, 2010.
- Iordanes Karagiannides, Kyriaki Bakirtzi, Efi Kokkotou, Dimitris Stavrakis, Kara Gross Margolis, Thomas Thomou, Nino Giorgadze, James L. Kirkland, and Charalabos Pothoulakis, “Role of Substance P in the Regulation of Glucose Metabolism via Insulin Sig naling-Associated Pathways,” Endocrinology, vol. 152, no. 12, pp. 4571–4580, 2011.
- Ravindra Kumar Garg, and Hardeep Singh Malhotra, “Solitary cysticercus granuloma,” Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 597–612, 2012.
- Edda Sciutto, Gladis Fragoso, Marisela Hernández, Gabriela Rosas, José J. Martínez, Agnès Fleury, Jacquelynne Cervantes, Aline Aluja, and Carlos Larralde, “ Development of the S3Pvac Vaccine Against Murine Taenia crassiceps Cysticercosis: A Historical Review ,” Journal of Parasitology, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 693–702, 2013.
- Mitra Khumbatta, Bahrom Firozgary, David John Tweardy, Joel Weinstock, Gohar Firozgary, Zal Bhatena, Tushar Bulsara, Ricardo Siller, and Prema Robinson, “Somatostatin Negatively Regulates Parasite Burden and Granulomatous Responses in Cysticercosis,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–6, 2014.