- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 640318, 5 pages
FSHR Single Nucleotide Polymorphism Frequencies in Proven Fathers and Infertile Men in Southeast Turkey
1Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Dicle University Medical Faculty, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
2Department of Urology, Dicle University Medical Faculty, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
3Department of Pharmacology, Dicle University Medical Faculty, 21280 Diyarbakır, Turkey
4Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, Mersin University Medical Faculty, 33169 Mersin, Turkey
Received 23 December 2009; Revised 1 April 2010; Accepted 14 April 2010
Academic Editor: M. Ilyas Kamboh
Copyright © 2010 Mahmut Balkan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maria D Lalioti, “Impact of follicle stimulating hormone receptor variants in fertility,” Current Opinion in Obstetrics and Gynecology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 158–167, 2011.
- Yingchun Li, Aihua Gu, Hua Yang, Xinxiang Ding, Guixiang Ji, Chuncheng Lu, Yankai Xia, Ling Song, and Xinru Wang, “FSH receptor gene polymorphisms in fertile and infertile Han-Chinese males,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 412, no. 11-12, pp. 1048–1052, 2011.
- Livio Casarini, Elisa Pignatti, and Manuela Simoni, “Effects of polymorphisms in gonadotropin and gonadotropin receptor genes on reproductive function,” Reviews In Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 303–321, 2011.
- Wei Wu, Hongquan Cai, Hong Sun, Jing Lu, Dan Zhao, Yufeng Qin, Xiumei Han, Xiaobing Niu, Chuncheng Lu, Yankai Xia, Shoulin Wang, Bart De Moor, Kathleen Marchal, and Xinru Wang, “Follicle stimulating hormone receptor G-29A, 919A > G, 2039A > G polymorphism and the risk of male infertility: A meta-analysis,” Gene, vol. 505, no. 2, pp. 388–392, 2012.
- Ida Lindgren, Aleksander Giwercman, Jonatan Axelsson, and Yvonne Lundberg Giwercman, “Association between follicle-stimulating hormone receptor polymorphisms and reproductive parameters in young men from the general population,” Pharmacogenetics And Genomics, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 667–672, 2012.
- Milton Ghirelli-Filho, Carla Peluso, Denise M. Christofolini, Marcello M. Gava, Sidney Glina, Caio P. Barbosa, and Bianca Bianco, “Variants in Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Receptor Gene in Infertile Brazilian Men and the Correlation to FSH Serum Levels and Sperm Count,” Reproductive Sciences, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 733–739, 2012.
- M. X. Chu, X. H. Guo, C. J. Feng, Y. Li, D. W. Huang, T. Feng, G. L. Cao, L. Fang, R. Di, Q. Q. Tang, Y. H. Ma, and K. Li, “Polymorphism of 5' regulatory region of ovine FSHR gene and its association with litter size in Small Tail Han sheep,” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 3721–3725, 2012.
- G. Collodel, S. Cantara, G. Cairano, E. Moretti, S. Taglianetti, and Furio Pacini, “Alterations of the FSH and LH receptor genes and evaluation of sperm ultrastructure in men with idiopathic hypergonadotropic hypogonadism,” Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 2013.
- Eisa Tahmasbpour, Dheepa Balasubramanian, and Ashok Agarwal, “A multi-faceted approach to understanding male infertility: gene mutations, molecular defects and assisted reproductive techniques (ART),” Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics, 2014.
- Mahmut Balkan, Murat Atar, Mehmet Emin Erdal, Aydin Rustemoglu, Ismail Yildiz, Ramazan Gunesacar, Namik Kemal Hatipoglu, Mehmet Nuri Bodakci, Ozlem Izci Ay, and Kenan Cevik, “Possible Association of FAS and FASLG Polymorphisms with the Risk of Idiopathic Azoospermia in Southeast Turkey,” Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 383–388, 2014.
- Marina Grigorova, Margus Punab, Anna Maria Punab, Olev Poolamets, Vladimir Vihljajev, Birute Zilaitiene, Juris Erenpreiss, Valentinas Matulevicius, and Maris Laan, “Reproductive Physiology in Young Men Is Cumulatively Affected by FSH-Action Modulating Genetic Variants: FSHR-29G/A and c. 2039 A/G, FSHB-211G/T,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- Lq Wang Liquan, Hf Huang Hefeng, F Jin Fan, Cy Zhou Caiyun, Yl Qian Yuli, and Jh Chen Jianhua, “High expression of follicle stimulating hormone receptor in testicular tissue of idiopathic azoospermic patients with severe spermatogenic defects,” Chinese Medical Journal, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 488–493, 2014.
- W. C. Yang, S. J. Li, L. Chen, and L. G. Yang, “FSHR genotype affects estrogen levels but not pregnancy rates in Luxi cattle subjected to embryo transfer,” Genetics and Molecular Research, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1563–1569, 2014.