- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 684504, 10 pages
Endocrine Disruptors and Leydig Cell Function
Department of Women's and Children's Health, Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Karolinska Institute & University Hospital, Q2:08, E-17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Received 11 December 2009; Revised 23 May 2010; Accepted 23 June 2010
Academic Editor: Leon Spicer
Copyright © 2010 K. Svechnikov et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [27 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sepideh Arbabi Bidgoli, Mona Karimi, Zahra Asami, Hoda Baher, and Mansour Djamali Zavarhei, “Association between testicular Aryl hydrocarbon Receptor levels and idiopathic male infertility: A case–control study in Iran,” Science of The Total Environment, vol. 409, no. 18, pp. 3267–3273, 2011.
- Georges Pointis, Jérome Gilleron, Diane Carette, and Dominique Segretain, “Testicular connexin 43, a precocious molecular target for the effect of environmental toxicants on male fertility,” Spermatogenesis, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 303–317, 2011.
- Danielle E. Buttke, Kanta Sircar, and Colleen Martin, “Exposures to Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals and Age of Menarche in Adolescent Girls in NHANES (2003–2008),” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 120, no. 11, pp. 1613–1618, 2012.
- Cendrine Geoffroy-Siraudin, Anderson Dieudonne Loundou, Fanny Romain, Vincent Achard, Blandine Courbiere, Marie-Helene Perrard, Philippe Durand, and Marie-Roberte Guichaoua, “Decline of semen quality among 10 932 males consulting for couple infertility over a 20-year period in Marseille, France,” Asian Journal Of Andrology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 584–590, 2012.
- Tsutomu Ogata, Maki Fukami, Rie Yoshida, Eiko Nagata, Yasuko Fujisawa, Atsumi Yoshida, and Yasunori Yoshimura, “Haplotype analysis of ESR2 in Japanese patients with spermatogenic failure,” Journal of Human Genetics, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 449–452, 2012.
- Reda H. ElMazoudy, and Azza A. Attia, “Endocrine-disrupting and cytotoxic potential of anticholinesterase insecticide, diazinon in reproductive toxicity of male mice,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 209-210, pp. 111–120, 2012.
- Himani Anand, M.M. Misro, S.B. Sharma, and Sant Prakash, “SiRNA as a tool to delineate pathway channelization in H 2O 2 induced apoptosis of primary Leydig cells in vitro,” Apoptosis, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 1131–1143, 2012.
- Jiliang Si, Peng Li, Quanbing Xin, Xuewen Li, Lihong An, and Jie Li, “Perinatal exposure to low doses of tributyltin chloride reduces sperm count and quality in mice,” Environmental Toxicology, 2013.
- Malgorzata Kotula-Balak, Katarzyna Chojnacka, Anna Hejmej, Jerzy Galas, Monika Satola, and Barbara Bilinska, “Does 4-tert-octylphenol affect estrogen signaling pathways in bank vole Leydig cells and tumor mouse Leydig cells in vitro?,” Reproductive Toxicology, vol. 39, pp. 6–16, 2013.
- Wan, Dolores D Mruk, Chris Kc Wong, and C Yan Cheng, “Targeting testis-specific proteins to inhibit spermatogenesis: Lesson from endocrine disrupting chemicals,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 839–855, 2013.
- Chunjin Li, and Xu Zhou, “The potential roles of neurotrophins in male reproduction,” Reproduction, vol. 145, no. 4, pp. R89–R95, 2013.
- Lihui Wang, Xueting Wang, Zhirong Geng, Yuan Zhou, Yu Chen, Jiang Wu, and Xiaodong Han, “Distribution of microcystin-LR to testis of male Sprague–Dawley rats,” Ecotoxicology, 2013.
- Narayana Kilarkaje, “Effects of combined treatment of α-tocopherol, l-ascorbic acid, selenium and zinc on bleomycin, etoposide and cisplatin-induced alterations in testosterone synthesis pathway in rats,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 2014.
- Jeremy K. Larson, Michael J. Carvan, and Reinhold J. Hutz, “Engineered Nanomaterials: An Emerging Class of Novel Endocrine Disruptors,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 91, no. 1, 2014.
- Annick N. Enangue Njembele, Janice L. Bailey, and Jacques J. Tremblay, “In Vitro Exposure of Leydig Cells to an Environmentally Relevant Mixture of Organochlorines Represses Early Steps of Steroidogenesis,” Biology of Reproduction, vol. 90, no. 6, 2014.
- Richard Hampl, Jana Kubátová, and Luboslav Stárka, “Steroids and endocrine disruptors–history, recent state of art and open questions,” The Journal of Steroid Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2014.
- Sandra M.A. Santos, Romeu A. Videira, Maria A.S. Fernandes, Maria S. Santos, António J.M. Moreno, Joaquim A.F. Vicente, and Amália S. Jurado, “Toxicity of the herbicide linuron as assessed by bacterial and mitochondrial model systems,” Toxicology in Vitro, 2014.
- Denis Habauzit, François Ferrière, Nadine Botherel, Gilles Flouriot, Farzad Pakdel, and Christian Saligaut, “Differentiation of PC12 cells expressing estrogen receptor alpha: A new bioassay for endocrine-disrupting chemicals evaluation,” Chemosphere, vol. 112, pp. 240–247, 2014.
- C. Yan Cheng, Pearl P.Y. Lie, Ka-Wai Mok, Yan-ho Cheng, Elissa W.P. Wong, Jayakanthan Mannu, Premendu P. Mathur, Helen H.N. Yan, and Dolores D. Mruk, “Interactions of laminin β3 fragment with β1-integrin receptor,” Spermatogenesis, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 174–185, 2014.
- Konstantin Svechnikov, Jan-Bernd Stukenborg, and Iuliia Savchuck, “Similar causes of various reproductive disorders in early life,” Asian Journal of Andrology, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 50–59, 2014.
- R ElMazoudy, N AbdelHameed, and A ElMasry, “Paternal dapoxetine administration induced deterioration in reproductive performance, fetal outcome, sexual behavior and biochemistry of male rats,” International Journal of Impotence Research, 2015.
- Mickael Di-Luoffo, Caroline Daems, Francis Bergeron, and Jacques J. Tremblay, “Novel Targets for the Transcription Factors MEF2 in MA-10 Leydig Cells,” Biology Of Reproduction, vol. 93, no. 1, 2015.
- Chu-chao Zhu, Bin Tang, Jin Su, Hu Zhao, Xin Bu, Zhen Li, Jie Zhao, Wei-dong Gong, Zhi-qun Wu, Li-bo Yao, Wei Li, and Yuan-qiang Zhang, “Abnormal Accumulation of Collagen Type I Due to the Loss of Discoidin Domain Receptor 2 (Ddr2) Promotes Testicular Interstitial Dysfunction,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 7, 2015.
- Cesilie Granum, Sara Anchersen, Camilla Karlsson, Vidar Berg, Ingrid Olsaker, Steven Verhaegen, and Erik Ropstad, “Steroidogenic differential effects in neonatal porcine Leydig cells exposed to persistent organic pollutants derived from cod liver oil,” Reproductive Toxicology, 2015.
- Jyun-Yuan Wang, Yue-Jia Lee, Mei-Chia Chou, Renin Chang, Chih-Hsien Chiu, Yao-Jen Liang, and Leang-Shin Wu, “Astaxanthin Protects Steroidogenesis from Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative Stress in Mouse Leydig Cells,” Marine Drugs, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 1375–1388, 2015.
- Maria De Falco, Maurizio Forte, and Vincenza Laforgia, “Estrogenic and anti-androgenic endocrine disrupting chemicals and their impact on the male reproductive system,” Frontiers in Environmental Science, vol. 3, 2015.
- Mbulaheni Thomas Mutengwe, Natalie Hildegard Aneck-Hahn, Lise Korsten, Magdalena Catherina Van Zijl, and Christiaan De Jager, “Pesticide residues and estrogenic activity in fruit and vegetables sampled from major fresh produce markets in South Africa,” Food Additives & Contaminants: Part A, pp. 1–10, 2015.