- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 692097, 15 pages
Combination of Intensive Chemotherapy and Anticancer Vaccines in the Treatment of Human Malignancies: The Hematological Experience
1Department of Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
2Department of Medicine, Section for Hematology, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
3Institute of Internal Medicine, University of Bergen, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Received 30 November 2009; Accepted 20 March 2010
Academic Editor: Zhengguo Xiao
Copyright © 2010 Knut Liseth et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Massimo Breccia, and Giuliana Alimena, “NF-kappa B as a potential therapeutic target in myelodysplastic syndromes a nd acute myeloid leukemia,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1157–1176, 2010.
- Erika Hamilton, Timothy M. Clay, and Kimberly L. Blackwell, “New Perspectives on Zoledronic Acid in Breast Cancer: Potential Augmentation of Anticancer Immune Response,” Cancer Investigation, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 533–541, 2011.
- Øystein Bruserud, Kimberley J. Hatfield, and Håkon Reikvam, “Heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) inhibition in acute myeloid leukemia—Targeting of disease heterogeneity through direct and indirect antileukemic effects,” Leukemia Research, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1156–1158, 2011.
- Evelien L. J. Smits, Cindy Lee, Nicola Hardwick, Suzanne Brooks, Viggo F. I. Van Tendeloo, Kim Orchard, and Barbara-ann Guinn, “Clinical evaluation of cellular immunotherapy in acute myeloid leukaemia,” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 60, no. 6, pp. 757–769, 2011.
- Hanne Fredly, Elisabeth Ersvaer, Bjorn-Tore Gjertsen, and Oystein Bruserud, “Immunogenic apoptosis in human acute myeloid leukemia (AML): primary human AML cells expose calreticulin and release heat shock protein (HSP) 70 and H SP90 during apoptosis,” Oncology Reports, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1549–1556, 2011.
- Rupal Ramakrishnan, and Dmitry I. Gabrilovich, “Mechanism of synergistic effect of chemotherapy and immunotherapy of cancer,” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 419–423, 2011.
- Elisabeth Ersvaer, Guro Kristin Melve, and Oystein Bruserud, “Future perspectives: should Th17 cells be considered as a possible therapeu tic target in acute myeloid leukemia patients receiving allogeneic stem cel l transplantation?,” Cancer Immunology Immunotherapy, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 1669–1681, 2011.
- Guro Kristin Melve, Elisabeth Ersvær, Astrid Olsnes Kittang, and Øystein Bruserud, “The chemokine system in allogeneic stem-cell transplantation: a possible therapeutic target?,” Expert Review of Hematology, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 563–576, 2011.
- Håkon Reikvam, Kimberley Joanne Hatfield, Astrid Olsnes Kittang, Randi Hovland, and Øystein Bruserud, “Acute Myeloid Leukemia with the t(8;21) Translocation: Clinical Consequences and Biological Implications,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–23, 2011.
- Øystein Bruserud, Håkon Reikvam, Astrid Olsnes Kittang, Aymen Bushra Ahmed, Tor Henrik Anderson Tvedt, Malvin Sjo, and Kimberley Joanne Hatfield, “High-dose etoposide in allogeneic stem cell transplantation,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 765–782, 2012.
- Cristina Iclozan, and Dmitry I. Gabrilovich, “Recent Advances in Immunotherapy of Lung Cancer,” Journal of Lung Cancer, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 1, 2012.
- Nasr Y.A. Hemdan, “Anti-cancer versus cancer-promoting effects of the interleukin-17-producing T helper cells,” Immunology Letters, vol. 149, no. 1-2, pp. 123–133, 2013.
- Cristina Reyes Garcia, Fatuma Manzi, Fabrizio Tediosi, Stephen L. Hoffman, and Eric R. James, “Comparative cost models of a liquid nitrogen vapor phase (LNVP) cold chain-distributed cryopreserved malaria vaccine vs. a conventional vaccine,” Vaccine, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 380–386, 2013.