- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 702836, 11 pages
Novel Approaches to Treat Experimental Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: A Review
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, P. O. Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Received 11 September 2009; Revised 8 January 2010; Accepted 8 February 2010
Academic Editor: Abdel A. Abdel-Rahman
Copyright © 2010 S. Umar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- L. A. Sorbera, S. Rajendran, C. Dulsat, N. Forns, and E. Rosa, “Therapeutic Targets For Pulmonary Hypertension,” Drugs of The Future, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 947–954, 2010.
- Soban Umar, Rangarajan D. Nadadur, Jingyuan Li, Federica Maltese, Parisa Partownavid, Arnoud van der Laarse, and Mansoureh Eghbali, “Intralipid Prevents and Rescues Fatal Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension and Right Ventricular Failure in Rats,” Hypertension, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 512–U363, 2011.
- Jean-Luc Vachiéry, “Prostacyclins in pulmonary arterial hypertension: The need for earlier therapy,” Advances in Therapy, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 251–269, 2011.
- Asier Unciti-Broceta, Loredana Moggio, Kevin Dhaliwal, Laura Pidgeon, Keith Finlayson, Chris Haslett, and Mark Bradley, “Safe and efficient in vitro and in vivo gene delivery: tripodal cationic lipids with programmed biodegradability,” Journal Of Materials Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 2154–2158, 2011.
- Rangarajan D. Nadadur, Soban Umar, Gabriel Wong, Mansour Eghbali, Andrea Iorga, Humann Matori, Rod Partow-Navid, and Mansoureh Eghbali, “Reverse right ventricular structural and extracellular matrix remodeling by estrogen in severe pulmonary hypertension,” Journal Of Applied Physiology, vol. 113, no. 1, pp. 149–158, 2012.
- Noboru Ikarashi, Ken Toba, Kiminori Kato, Takuya Ozawa, Masato Oda, Tsugumi Takayama, Hironori Kobayashi, Takao Yanagawa, Haruo Hanawa, Tomoyasu Suzuki, Mikio Nakazawa, Minoru Nomoto, Fuyuki Asami, Masato Higuchi, Hideki Saito, and Yoshifusa Aizawa, “Erythropoietin, but Not Asialoerythropoietin or Carbamyl-Erythropoietin, Attenuates Monocrotaline-Induced Pulmonary Hypertension in Rats,” Clinical and Experimental Hypertension, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 575–581, 2012.
- Taner Yavuz, Ozge Uzun, Asli Macit, Cem Comunoglu, Ozlem Yavuz, Coskun Silan, Hatice Yuksel, and Hayriye Ak Yildirim, “Pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate attenuates the development of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension,” Pathology - Research and Practice, vol. 209, no. 5, pp. 302–308, 2013.
- Yazhini Ravi, Periannan Kuppusamy, Chittoor B. Sai-Sudhakar, Karuppaiyah Selvendiran, Shan K. Naidu, Sarath Meduru, Lucas A. Citro, Balázs Bognár, Mahmood Khan, Tamás Kálai, and Kálmán Hideg, “Pulmonary hypertension secondary to left-heart failure involves peroxynitrite-induced downregulation of PTEN in the lung,” Hypertension, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 593–601, 2013.
- Sharlene Lopes Pereira, Arthur Eugen Kummerle, Carlos Alberto Manssour Fraga, Eliezer Jesus Barreiro, Nazareth de Novaes Rocha, Emanuelle Baptista Ferraz, José Hamilton Matheus do Nascimento, Roberto Takashi Sudo, and Gisele Zapata-Sudo, “A novel Ca²+ channel antagonist reverses cardiac hypertrophy and pulmonary arteriolar remodeling in experimental pulmonary hypertension,” European Journal of Pharmacology, vol. 702, no. 1-3, pp. 316–322, 2013.
- Salil Sharma, Soban Umar, Francois Potus, Andrea Iorga, Gabriel Wong, David Meriwether, Sandra Breuils-Bonnet, Denise Mai, Kaveh Navab, David Ross, Mohamad Navab, Steeve Provencher, Alan M. Fogelman, Sebastien Bonnet, Srinivasa T. Reddy, and Mansoureh Eghbali, “Apolipoprotein A-I Mimetic Peptide 4F Rescues Pulmonary Hypertension by Inducing MicroRNA-193-3p,” Circulation, vol. 130, no. 9, pp. 776–+, 2014.
- Yukari Sadamura-Takenaka, Takashi Ito, Satoshi Noma, Yoko Oyama, Shingo Yamada, Ko-ichi Kawahara, Hiromasa Inoue, and Ikuro Maruyama, “HMGB1 Promotes the Development of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Rats,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Lamiaa A. Ahmed, Al Arqam Z. Obaid, Hala F. Zaki, and Azza M. Agha, “Role of oxidative stress, inflammation, nitric oxide and transforming growth factor-beta in the protective effect of diosgenin in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats,” European Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Lamiaa A. Ahmed, Al Arqam Z. Obaid, Hala F. Zaki, and Azza M. Agha, “Naringenin adds to the protective effect of L-arginine in monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension in rats: Favorable modulation of oxidative stress, inflammation and nitric oxide,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Yavuz Pehlivan, Recep Dokuyucu, Tuncer Demir, Davut Sinan Kaplan, Ibrahim Koc, Mustafa Orkmez, Ibrahim Halil Turkbeyler, Ali Osman Ceribasi, Ediz Tutar, Seyithan Taysi, Bunyamin Kisacik, and Ahmet Mesut Onat, “Palosuran Treatment Effective as Bosentan in the Treatment Model of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension,” Inflammation, 2014.
- Arnoud van der Laarse, Christa M. Cobbaert, and Soban Umar, “Stem and progenitor cell therapy for pulmonary arterial hypertension: effects on the right ventricle,” Pulmonary Circulation, pp. 000–000, 2015.