- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 725207, 20 pages
Mechanism of Catch Force: Tethering of Thick and Thin Filaments by Twitchin
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 20 January 2010; Accepted 10 March 2010
Academic Editor: Henk L. M. Granzier
Copyright © 2010 Thomas M. Butler and Marion J. Siegman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Thomas M. Butler, Susan U. Mooers, Srinivasa R. Narayan, and Marion J. Siegman, “The N-terminal Region of Twitchin Binds Thick and Thin Contractile Filaments REDUNDANT MECHANISMS OF CATCH FORCE MAINTENANCE,” Journal Of Biological Chemistry, vol. 285, no. 52, 2010.
- Oleg S. Matusovsky, Galina G. Matusovskaya, Vyacheslav A. Dyachuk, and Nikolay S. Shelud'ko, “Molluscan catch muscle myorod and its N-terminal peptide bind to F-actin and myosin in a phosphorylation-dependent manner,” Archives Of Biochemistry And Biophysics, vol. 509, no. 1, pp. 59–65, 2011.
- Thomas M. Butler, and Marion J. Siegman, “A force-activated kinase in a catch smooth muscle,” Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility, vol. 31, no. 5-6, pp. 349–358, 2011.
- V. S. Senthil Kumar, Elizabeth O'Neall-Hennessey, Ludmila Reshetnikova, Jerry H. Brown, Howard Robinson, Andrew G. Szent-Gyoergyi, and Carolyn Cohen, “Crystal Structure of a Phosphorylated Light Chain Domain of Scallop Smooth-Muscle Myosin,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 101, no. 9, pp. 2185–2189, 2011.
- Patrick M. Spooner, Jennifer Bonner, Andres V. Maricq, Guy M. Benian, and Kenneth R. Norman, “Large Isoforms of UNC-89 (Obscurin) Are Required for Muscle Cell Architecture and Optimal Calcium Release in Caenorhabditis elegans,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 7, 2012.
- Stanislava V. Avrova, Nikita A. Rysev, Oleg S. Matusovsky, Nikolay S. Shelud'ko, and Yurii S. Borovikov, “Twitchin can regulate the ATPase cycle of actomyosin in a phosphorylation-dependent manner in skinned mammalian skeletal muscle fibres,” Archives Of Biochemistry And Biophysics, vol. 521, no. 1-2, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Nora Tramm, Naomi Oppenheimer, Stanislav Nagy, Efi Efrati, and David Biron, “Why Do Sleeping Nematodes Adopt a Hockey-Stick-Like Posture?,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- V. F. Gnyubkin, “The valve-movement model for the mediterranean mussel, Mytilus galloprovincialis Lamarck, 1819 (Bivalvia: Mytilidae),” Russian Journal Of Marine Biology, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 40–50, 2015.