- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 737125, 7 pages
Toll-Like Receptor Initiated Host Defense against Toxoplasma gondii
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Received 9 September 2009; Accepted 30 September 2009
Academic Editor: Jorge Morales-Montor
Copyright © 2010 Eric Y. Denkers. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ildiko R. Dunay, and L. David Sibley, “Monocytes mediate mucosal immunity to Toxoplasma gondii,” Current Opinion in Immunology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 461–466, 2010.
- Cesar A. Terrazas, Imelda Juarez, Luis I. Terrazas, Rafael Saavedra, Elsa A. Calleja, and Miriam Rodriguez-Sosa, “Toxoplasma gondii: Impaired maturation and pro-inflammatory response of den dritic cells in MIF-deficient mice favors susceptibility to infection,” Experimental Parasitology, vol. 126, no. 3, pp. 348–358, 2010.
- Barbara A. Butcher, Barbara A. Fox, Leah M. Rommereim, Sung Guk Kim, Kirk J. Maurer, Felix Yarovinsky, De'Broski R. Herbert, David J. Bzik, and Eric Y. Denkers, “Toxoplasma gondii Rhoptry Kinase ROP16 Activates STAT3 and STAT6 Resulting in Cytokine Inhibition and Arginase-1-Dependent Growth Control,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 7, no. 9, 2011.
- S. Safaiyan, A. Bolhassani, S. Nylen, H. Akuffo, and S. Rafati, “Contribution of human neutrophils in the development of protective immune response during in vitro Leishmania major infection,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 609–620, 2011.
- John Ellis, Stephen Goodswen, Paul J. Kennedy, and Stephen Bush, “The core mouse response to infection by Neospora caninum defined by gene set enrichment analyses,” Bioinformatics and Biology Insights, vol. 6, pp. 187–202, 2012.
- Stuart Woods, Juliane Schroeder, Helen A. McGachy, Robin Plevin, Craig W. Roberts, and James Alexander, “MAP Kinase Phosphatase-2 Plays a Key Role in the Control of Infection with Toxoplasma gondii by Modulating iNOS and Arginase-1 Activities in Mice,” PLoS Pathogens, vol. 9, no. 8, 2013.
- R. Cagliani, U. Pozzoli, D. Forni, A. Cassinotti, M. Fumagalli, M. Giani, M. Fichera, M. Lombardini, S. Ardizzone, R. Asselta, R. de Franchis, S. Riva, M. Biasin, G. P. Comi, N. Bresolin, M. Clerici, and M. Sironi, “Crohn's Disease Loci Are Common Targets of Protozoa-Driven Selection,” Molecular Biology and Evolution, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 1077–1087, 2013.
- Xiaopeng Zhao, Yasuhiro Suzuki, Eri Ochiai, Stephen Crutcher, and Michael A. Gilchrist, “Evidence for Finely-Regulated Asynchronous Growth of Toxoplasma gondii Cyst s Based on Data-Driven Model Selection,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 11, 2013.