- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 740403, 17 pages
Biological Role of Dystroglycan in Schwann Cell Function and Its Implications in Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
1Centre for Neuroregeneration, University of Edinburgh, Chancellor's Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
2Faculty of Medical Sciences, Teikyo University of Science, 2-2 Senju-Sakuragi, Adachi-ku, Tokyo 120-0045, Japan
3Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Teikyo University, 2-11-1 Kaga, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo 173-8605, Japan
Received 22 October 2009; Accepted 20 April 2010
Academic Editor: Chung-Liang Chien
Copyright © 2010 Toshihiro Masaki and Kiichiro Matsumura. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Albert Mulenga, and Kelly Erikson, “A snapshot of the Ixodes scapularis degradome,” Gene, vol. 482, no. 1-2, pp. 78–93, 2011.
- Adrian Waite, Susan C. Brown, and Derek J. Blake, “The dystrophin–glycoprotein complex in brain development and disease,” Trends in Neurosciences, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 487–496, 2012.
- Diane L. Sherman, Lai Man N. Wu, Matthew Grove, C. Stewart Gillespie, and Peter J. Brophy, “Drp2 and Periaxin Form Cajal Bands with Dystroglycan But Have Distinct Role s in Schwann Cell Growth,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 32, no. 27, pp. 9419–9428, 2012.
- Toshihiro Masaki, “Polarization and Myelination in Myelinating Glia,” ISRN Neurology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–28, 2012.
- Gernot Walko, Karl L. Wögenstein, Lilli Winter, Irmgard Fischer, M. Laura Feltri, and Gerhard Wiche, “Stabilization of the dystroglycan complex in cajal bands of myelinating schwann cells through plectin-mediated anchorage to vimentin filaments,” Glia, 2013.