- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 795210, 11 pages
Immune Modulation by Schistosoma mansoni Antigens in NOD Mice: Effects on Both Innate and Adaptive Immune Systems
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, CB2 1QP Cambridge, UK
Received 2 September 2009; Accepted 10 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Paola Zaccone et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [33 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Agnes Lehuen, Julien Diana, Paola Zaccone, and Anne Cooke, “Immune cell crosstalk in type 1 diabetes,” Nature Reviews Immunology, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 501–513, 2010.
- Paola Zaccone, Oliver T. Burton, Sarah E. Gibbs, Nigel Miller, Frances M. Jones, Gabriele Schramm, Helmut Haas, Michael J. Doenhoff, David W. Dunne, and Anne Cooke, “The S. mansoni glycoprotein ω-1 induces Foxp3 expression in NOD mouse CD4+ T cells,” European Journal of Immunology, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 2709–2718, 2011.
- Samuel W. Hall, and Anne Cooke, “Autoimmunity and inflammation: murine models and translational studies,” Mammalian Genome, vol. 22, no. 7-8, pp. 377–389, 2011.
- Wendy Gaisford, David I. Pritchard, and Anne Cooke, “OdDHL Inhibits T Cell Subset Differentiation and Delays Diabetes Onset in NOD Mice,” Clinical And Vaccine Immunology, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1213–1220, 2011.
- Joseph D. Turner, Gavin R. Jenkins, Karen G. Hogg, Sarah A. Aynsley, Ross A. Paveley, Peter C. Cook, Mark C. Coles, and Adrian P. Mountford, “CD4(+)CD25(+) Regulatory Cells Contribute to the Regulation of Colonic Th2 Granulomatous Pathology Caused by Schistosome Infection,” Plos Neglected Tropical Diseases, vol. 5, no. 8, 2011.
- Xiaorong Song, Jilong Shen, Huiqin Wen, Zhengrong Zhong, Qinli Luo, Deyong Chu, Yao Qi, Yuanhong Xu, and Wei Wei, “Impact of Schistosoma japonicum Infection on Collagen-Induced Arthritis in DBA/1 Mice: A Murine Model of Human Rheumatoid Arthritis,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 8, 2011.
- F. Chiuso-Minicucci, D. Bui Van, S. F. G. Zorzella-Pezavento, R. S. Peres, L. L. W. Ishikawa, L. C. Rosa, T. G. D. FranÇA, W. M. Turato, A. F. T. Amarante, and A. Sartori, “Experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis evolution was not modified by multiple infections with Strongyloides venezuelensis,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 303–308, 2011.
- Paola Zaccone, and Anne Cooke, “Infectious triggers protect from autoimmunity,” Seminars in Immunology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 122–129, 2011.
- C.-R. Li, B. J. G. Baaten, and L. M. Bradley, “Harnessing memory adaptive regulatory T cells to control autoimmunity in type 1 diabetes,” Journal of Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 38–47, 2011.
- M. El-Malky, N. Nabih, M. Heder, N. Saudy, and M. El-Mahdy, “Helminth infections: therapeutic potential in autoimmune disorders,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 589–593, 2011.
- Jose L. Reyes, Arlett F. Espinoza-Jimenez, Marisol I. Gonzalez, Leticia Verdin, and Luis I. Terrazas, “Taenia crassiceps infection abrogates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis,” Cellular Immunology, vol. 267, no. 2, pp. 77–87, 2011.
- Yoshio Osada, and Tamotsu Kanazawa, “Schistosome: Its Benefit and Harm in Patients Suffering from Concomitant Diseases,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–10, 2011.
- Smanla Tundup, Leena Srivastava, and Donald A. Harn Jr., “Polarization of host immune responses by helminth-expressed glycans,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1253, no. 1, pp. E1–E13, 2012.
- Anne Cooke, “Parasitic worms and inflammatory disease,” Current Opinion in Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 394–400, 2012.
- Liana Ghazarian, Julien Diana, Yannick Simoni, Lucie Beaudoin, and Agnès Lehuen, “Prevention or acceleration of type 1 diabetes by viruses,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 239–255, 2012.
- Henry J. McSorley, and Rick M. Maizels, “Helminth infections and host immune regulation,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 585–608, 2012.
- Paola Zaccone, and Samuel W. Hall, “Helminth infection and type 1 diabetes,” Review of Diabetic Studies, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 272–286, 2012.
- Arlett Espinoza-Jiménez, Alberto N. Peón, and Luis I. Terrazas, “Alternatively Activated Macrophages in Types 1 and 2 Diabetes,” Mediators of Inflammation, vol. 2012, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- F. M. Egro, “Why is type 1 diabetes increasing?,” Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. R1–R13, 2013.
- Paola Zaccone, and Anne Cooke, “Vaccine against autoimmune disease: can helminths or their products provide a therapy?,” Current Opinion in Immunology, 2013.
- Henry J. McSorley, James P. Hewitson, and Rick M. Maizels, “Immunomodulation by helminth parasites: Defining mechanisms and mediators,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 301–310, 2013.
- Adnan R. Khan, and Padraic G. Fallon, “Helminth therapies: Translating the unknown unknowns to known knowns,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 293–299, 2013.
- Paola Zaccone, and Anne Cooke, “Helminth mediated modulation of Type 1 diabetes (T1D),” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 43, no. 3-4, pp. 311–318, 2013.
- Yuhong Chen, Jieli Lu, Yun Huang, Tiange Wang, Yu Xu, Min Xu, Mian Li, Weiqing Wang, Donghui Li, Yufang Bi, and Guang Ning, “Association of Previous Schistosome Infection With Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: A Cross-Sectional Study in Rural China,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. E283–E287, 2013.
- Dana Ben-Ami Shor, Michal Harel, Rami Eliakim, and Yehuda Shoenfeld, “The Hygiene Theory Harnessing Helminths and Their Ova to Treat Autoimmunity,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology, 2013.
- Alberto N. Peón, Arlett Espinoza-Jiménez, and Luis I. Terrazas, “Immunoregulation by Taenia crassiceps and Its Antigens,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- J.-Y. Liu, P. Lu, L.-Z. Hu, Y.-J. Shen, Y.-J. Zhu, J.-L. Ren, W.-H. Ji, X.-Z. Zhang, Z.-Q. Wu, X.-Z. Yang, J. Yang, L.-Y. Li, X. Yang, and P.-M. Liu, “ CD8α − DC is the major DC subset which mediates inhibition of allergic responses by Schistosoma infection ,” Parasite Immunology, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 647–657, 2014.
- Maria E. Lund, Bronwyn A. O'Brien, Andrew T. Hutchinson, Mark W. Robinson, Ann M. Simpson, John P. Dalton, and Sheila Donnelly, “Secreted Proteins from the Helminth Fasciola hepatica Inhibit the Initiation of Autoreactive T Cell Responses and Prevent Diabetes in the NOD Mouse,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Ine M. J. Wolfs, J. Lauran Stoger, Pieter Goossens, Chantal Pottgens, Marion J. J. Gijbels, Erwin Wijnands, Emiel P. C. van der Vorst, Patrick van Gorp, Linda Beckers, David Engel, Erik A. L. Biessen, Georg Kraal, Irma van Die, Marjo M. P. C. Donners, and Menno P. J. de Winther, “Reprogramming macrophages to an anti-inflammatory phenotype by helminth antigens reduces murine atherosclerosis,” Faseb Journal, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 288–299, 2014.
- Yinong Duan, Xijuan Gu, Dandan Zhu, Wei Sun, Jinling Chen, Jinrong Feng, Ke Song, Feifan Xu, Xue He, Xingxin He, and Gengfu Xiao, “Schistosoma japonicum soluble egg antigens induce apoptosis and inhibit activation of hepatic stellate cells: a possible molecular mechanism,” International Journal for Parasitology, 2014.
- Dana Ditgen, Emmanuela M. Anandarajah, Kamila A. Meissner, Norbert Brattig, Carsten Wrenger, and Eva Liebau, “Harnessing the Helminth Secretome for Therapeutic Immunomodulators,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Shi-Wei Shen, Yun Lu, Feng Li, Zhen-Hai Shen, Ming Xu, Wei-Feng Yao, Yin-Bo Feng, Jing-Ting Yun, Ya-Ping Wang, Wang Ling, Hua-Jin Qi, and Da-Xin Tong, “Potential long-term effects of previous schistosome infection may reduce the atherogenic index of plasma in Chinese men,” International Journal for Parasitology, 2015.
- Dana Ben-Ami Shor, Tomer Bashi, Jordan Lachnish, Mati Fridkin, Giorgia Bizzaro, Iris Barshak, Miri Blank, and Yehuda Shoenfeld, “Phosphorylcholine-tuftsin compound prevents development of dextransulfate-sodium-salt induced murine colitis: Implications for the treatment of human ,” Journal Of Autoimmunity, vol. 56, pp. 111–117, 2015.