- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 805405, 7 pages
Gelsolin Restores A-Induced Alterations in Choroid Plexus Epithelium
1Neuroscience Laboratory, Research Center, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Avenida de Córdoba, 28041 Madrid, Spain
2Neurodegenerative Diseases Biomedical Research Center (CIBERNED), Madrid, Spain
3Mitochondrial Diseases Laboratory, Research Center, Hospital 12 de Octubre, 28041 Madrid, Spain
4Rare Disorders Biomedical Research Center (CIBERER), Madrid, Spain
Received 30 June 2009; Accepted 19 January 2010
Academic Editor: Amanda McCann
Copyright © 2010 Teo Vargas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [14 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eva Carro, “Gelsolin as therapeutic target in Alzheimer's disease,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 585–592, 2010.
- Guo Hua Li, Pamela D. Arora, Yu Chen, Christopher A. McCulloch, and Peter Liu, “Multifunctional roles of gelsolin in health and diseases,” Medicinal Research Reviews, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 999–1025, 2010.
- Carlos Spuch, and Eva Carro, “The p75 neurotrophin receptor localization in blood-CSF barrier: expression in choroid plexus epithelium,” Bmc Neuroscience, vol. 12, 2011.
- María-Paz Marzolo, and Pamela Farfán, “New insights into the roles of megalin/LRP2 and the regulation of its functional expression,” Biological Research, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 89–105, 2011.
- Nagesh Peddada, Amin Sagar, Ashish, and Renu Garg, “Plasma gelsolin: A general prognostic marker of health,” Medical Hypotheses, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 203–210, 2012.
- Carlos Spuch, Saida Ortolano, and Carmen Navarro, “New Insights in the Amyloid-Beta Interaction with Mitochondria,” Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Agnieszka Krzyzanowska, and Eva Carro, “Pathological alteration in the choroid plexus of Alzheimer's disease: Implication for new therapy approaches,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Carlos Spuch, Saida Ortolano, and Carmen Navarro, “LRP-1 and LRP-2 receptors function in the membrane neuron. Trafficking mechanisms and proteolytic processing in alzheimer's disease,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Telma Quintela, Isabel Gonçalves, Laura C. Carreto, Manuel A. S. Santos, Helena Marcelino, Filipa M. Patriarca, and Cecília R. A. Santos, “Analysis of the Effects of Sex Hormone Background on the Rat Choroid Plexus Transcriptome by cDNA Microarrays,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 4, 2013.
- Qing-Hong Zhang, Jun-Cong Li, Ning Dong, Lu-Ming Tang, Xiao-Mei Zhu, Zhi-Yong Sheng, and Yong-Ming Yao, “Burn injury induces gelsolin expression and cleavage in the brain of mice,” Neuroscience, vol. 228, pp. 60–72, 2013.
- Arthur A. Bergen, Sovann Kaing, Jacoline B. ten Brink, Theo G. Gorgels, and Sarah F. Janssen, “Gene expression and functional annotation of human choroid plexus epithelium failure in Alzheimer’s disease,” BMC Genomics, vol. 16, no. 1, 2015.
- Benjamin A. Neely, Jennifer L. Soper, Frances M. D. Gulland, P. Darwin Bell, Mark Kindy, John M. Arthur, and Michael G. Janech, “ Proteomic analysis of cerebrospinal fluid in California sea lions ( Zalophus californianus ) with domoic acid toxicosis identifies proteins associated with neurodegeneration ,” Proteomics, 2015.
- Carlos Fernández-Moriano, Elena González-Burgos, and M. Pilar Gómez-Serranillos, “Mitochondria-Targeted Protective Compounds in Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Diseases,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, pp. 1–30, 2015.
- T. Quintela, H. Marcelino, M. J. Deery, R. Feret, J. Howard, K. S. Lilley, T. Albuquerque, I. Gonçalves, A. C. Duarte, and C. R. A. Santos, “Sex-Related Differences in Rat Choroid Plexus and Cerebrospinal Fluid: A cDNA Microarray and Proteomic Analysis,” Journal of Neuroendocrinology, vol. 28, no. 1, 2016.