- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 828951, 9 pages
Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor (PPAR): Balance for Survival in Parasitic Infections
1Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Temple University, 3400 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
2Department of Cell Biology and Neuroscience, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Received 31 August 2009; Accepted 10 November 2009
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2010 Marion M. Chan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Leentje Dreesen, Peter Geldhof, Manuela Rinaldi, Koen Chiers, Robert Li, Thomas Geurden, Wim van den Broeck, Bruno Goddeeris, Jozef Vercruysse, and Edwin Claerebout, “Microarray analysis of the intestinal host response in Giardia duodenalis assemblage E infected calves,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 7, 2012.
- Je-Min Choi, and Alfred L. M. Bothwell, “The Nuclear Receptor PPARs as Important Regulators of T-Cell Functions and Autoimmune Diseases,” Molecules And Cells, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 217–222, 2012.
- Barrie J. Anthony, Grant A. Ramm, and Donald P. McManus, “Role of resident liver cells in the pathogenesis of schistosomiasis,” Trends in Parasitology, vol. 28, no. 12, pp. 572–579, 2012.
- Eugenia Hovsepian, Federico Penas, Gerardo A. Mirkin, and Nora B. Goren, “Role of PPARs in Trypanosoma cruzi Infection: Implications for Chagas Disease Therapy,” Ppar Research, 2012.
- Marion M. Chan, Nagasuresh Adapala, and Cui Chen, “Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor-γ-Mediated Polarization of Macrophages in Leishmania Infection,” PPAR Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Barrie J. Anthony, Jeremy T. Allen, Yuesheng S. Li, and Donald P. McManus, “A Role for Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptors in the Immunopathology of Schistosomiasis?,” PPAR Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Patricia E. Almeida, Alan Brito Carneiro, Adriana R. Silva, and Patricia T. Bozza, “PPARγ Expression and Function in Mycobacterial Infection: Roles in Lipid Metabolism, Immunity, and Bacterial Killing,” PPAR Research, vol. 2012, pp. 1–7, 2012.
- J. A. Díaz-Gandarilla, C. Osorio-Trujillo, V. I. Hernández-Ramírez, and P. Talamás-Rohana, “PPAR Activation Induces M1 Macrophage Polarization via cPLA2-COX-2 Inhibition, Activating ROS Production against Leishmania mexicana,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–13, 2013.
- Jianshu Hu, Wei Zhu, Hu Meng, Ying Liu, Xin Wang, and Chun Hu, “Identification of 1, 4-Dihydrothieno[3′, 2′:5, 6]thiopyrano[4, 3-c]pyrazole Derivatives as Human 5-Lipo-oxygenase Inhibitors,” Chemical Biology & Drug Design, 2014.
- M.H. Vicco, F. Ferini, L. Rodeles, M. Baretta, I. Marcipar, and O.A. Bottasso, “Non-uremic calciphylaxis and Chagas disease,” Revista Clínica Española, 2014.