- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 849426, 19 pages
Dystrophins, Utrophins, and Associated Scaffolding Complexes: Role in Mammalian Brain and Implications for Therapeutic Strategies
1Univ Paris-Sud, Centre de Neurosciences Paris-Sud, UMR8195, Orsay, 91405, France
2CNRS, Orsay, 91405, France
Received 16 December 2009; Accepted 14 March 2010
Academic Editor: Meena Upadhyaya
Copyright © 2010 Caroline Perronnet and Cyrille Vaillend. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Caroline Perronnet, and Cyrille Vaillend, “Dystrophins, Utrophins, and Associated Scaffolding Complexes: Role in Mamma lian Brain and Implications for Therapeutic Strategies (849426, 2010),” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, 2010.
- April K. Marrone, Mariya M. Kucherenko, Valentyna M. Rishko, and Halyna R. Shcherbata, “New Dystrophin/Dystroglycan interactors control neuron behavior in Drosophi la eye,” Bmc Neuroscience, vol. 12, 2011.
- Kueh, Dempster, Head, and Morley, “Reduced postsynaptic GABAA receptor number and enhanced gaboxadol induced change in holding currents in Purkinje cells of the dystrophin-deficient mdx mouse,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 558–564, 2011.
- Glenn Dallerac, Caroline Perronnet, Carine Chagneau, Pascale Leblanc-Veyrac, Nathalie Samson-Desvignes, Elise Peltekian, Olivier Danos, Luis Garcia, Serge Laroche, Jean-Marie Billard, and Cyrille Vaillend, “Rescue of a dystrophin-like protein by exon skipping normalizes synaptic pl asticity in the hippocampus of the mdx mouse,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 635–641, 2011.
- Ruben Miranda, Uri Nudel, Serge Laroche, and Cyrille Vaillend, “Altered presynaptic ultrastructure in excitatory hippocampal synapses of mi ce lacking dystrophins Dp427 or Dp71,” Neurobiology of Disease, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 134–141, 2011.
- Marco Sassoe-Pognetto, Elena Frola, Giulia Pregno, Federica Briatore, and Annarita Patrizi, “Understanding the molecular diversity of GABAergic synapses,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 5, 2011.
- Patrizia Panzanelli, Benjamin G. Gunn, Monika C. Schlatter, Dietmar Benke, Shiva K. Tyagarajan, Peter Scheiffele, Delia Belelli, Jeremy J. Lambert, Uwe Rudolph, and Jean-Marc Fritschy, “Distinct mechanisms regulate GABA(A) receptor and gephyrin clustering at pe risomatic and axo-axonic synapses on CA1 pyramidal cells,” Journal of Physiology-London, vol. 589, no. 20, pp. 4959–4980, 2011.
- Richard A. Zuellig, Beat C. Bornhauser, Ralf Amstutz, Bruno Constantin, and Marcus C. Schaub, “Tissue Expression and Actin Binding of a Novel N-Terminal Utrophin Isoform,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–18, 2011.
- Patrizia Panzanelli, Shiva K. Tyagarajan, and Jean-Marc Fritschy, “Molecular and functional heterogeneity of GABAergic synapses,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 69, no. 15, pp. 2485–2499, 2012.
- Adrian Waite, Susan C. Brown, and Derek J. Blake, “The dystrophin–glycoprotein complex in brain development and disease,” Trends in Neurosciences, vol. 35, no. 8, pp. 487–496, 2012.
- Caroline Perronnet, Carine Chagneau, Pascale Le Blanc, Nathalie Samson-Desvignes, Dominique Mornet, Serge Laroche, Sabine De La Porte, and Cyrille Vaillend, “Upregulation of brain utrophin does not rescue behavioral alterations in dy strophin-deficient mice,” Human Molecular Genetics, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 2263–2276, 2012.
- Maaike van Putten, Darshan Kumar, Margriet Hulsker, Willem M. H. Hoogaars, Jaap J. Plomp, Annemarieke van Opstal, Maarten van Iterson, Peter Admiraal, Gert-Jan B. van Ommen, Peter A. C. 't Hoen, and Annemieke Aartsma-Rus, “Comparison of skeletal muscle pathology and motor function of dystrophin an d utrophin deficient mouse strains,” Neuromuscular Disorders, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 406–417, 2012.
- Milena Cau, Loredana Boccone, Anna Mateddu, Maria Addis, Marianna Serrenti, Roberta Chessa, Gianni Marrosu, Georgios Loudianos, and Maria Antonietta Melis, “A new deletion in 5 '-end of dystrophin gene removing M and P promoters and dystrophin muscle enhancers,” Gene, vol. 511, no. 2, pp. 437–440, 2012.
- Paulo Cesar Ghedini, Maria Christina W. Avellar, Thereza Christina M. De Lima, Maria Teresa R. Lima-Landman, Antonio Jose Lapa, and Caden Souccar, “Quantitative changes of nicotinic receptors in the hippocampus of dystrophi n-deficient mice,” Brain Research, vol. 1483, pp. 96–104, 2012.
- Xiaoli Zhao, Joseph G. Moloughney, Sai Zhang, Shinji Komazaki, and Noah Weisleder, “Orai1 Mediates Exacerbated Ca2+ Entry in Dystrophic Skeletal Muscle,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 11, 2012.
- Laure Fresard, Sophie Leroux, Patrice Dehais, Bertrand Servin, Helene Gilbert, Olivier Bouchez, Christophe Klopp, Cedric Cabau, Florence Vignoles, Katia Feve, Amelie Ricros, David Gourichon, Christian Diot, Sabine Richard, Christine Leterrier, Catherine Beaumont, Alain Vignal, Francis Minvielle, and Frederique Pitel, “Fine mapping of complex traits in non-model species: using next generation sequencing and advanced intercross lines in Japanese quail,” Bmc Genomics, vol. 13, 2012.