- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 915980, 8 pages
High-Throughput Sequencing of MicroRNAs in Adenovirus Type 3 Infected Human Laryngeal Epithelial Cells
1State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Southeast University, SiPaiLou2#, Nanjing 210096, China
2Key Laboratory of Enteric Pathogenic Microbiology, Ministry of Health, Microbiological Laboratory, Jiangsu Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC), 172 Jiangsu Rd, Nanjing 210009, China
Received 11 February 2010; Revised 27 March 2010; Accepted 31 March 2010
Academic Editor: Momiao Xiong
Copyright © 2010 Yuhua Qi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Echavarría, “Adenoviruses in immunocompromised hosts,” Clinical Microbiology Reviews, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 704–715, 2008.
- J. A. Mahr and L. R. Gooding, “Immune evasion by adenoviruses,” Immunological Reviews, vol. 168, pp. 121–130, 1999.
- H. Guan, J. F. Williams, and R. P. Ricciardi, “Induction of neuronal and tumor-related genes by adenovirus type 12 E1A,” Journal of Virology, vol. 83, no. 2, pp. 651–661, 2009.
- G. Chinnadurai, “Modulation of oncogenic transformation by the human adenovirus E1A C-terminal region,” Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 273, pp. 139–161, 2004.
- K. A. Sharieff, D. Duncan, and Z. Younossi, “Advances in treatment of chronic hepatitis C: ‘pegylated’ interferons,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 155–159, 2002.
- Z. Wu, Y. Gao, L. Sun, P. Tien, and Q. Jin, “Quick identification of effective small interfering RNAs that inhibit the replication of coxsackievirus A16,” Antiviral Research, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 295–301, 2008.
- K.-L. Wu, X. Zhang, J. Zhang, et al., “Inhibition of hepatitis B virus gene expression by single and dual small interfering RNA treatment,” Virus Research, vol. 112, no. 1-2, pp. 100–107, 2005.
- J. Yuan, P. K. M. Cheung, H. M. Zhang, D. Chau, and D. Yang, “Inhibition of coxsackievirus B3 replication by small interfering RNAs requires perfect sequence match in the central region of the viral positive strand,” Journal of Virology, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 2151–2159, 2005.
- J. Huang, F. Wang, E. Argyris, et al., “Cellular microRNAs contribute to HIV-1 latency in resting primary CD4+ T lymphocytes,” Nature Medicine, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 1241–1247, 2007.
- V. Nair and M. Zavolan, “Virus-encoded microRNAs: novel regulators of gene expression,” Trends in Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 169–175, 2006.
- S.-Y. Ying and S.-L. Lin, “Current perspectives in intronic micro RNAs (miRNAs),” Journal of Biomedical Science, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 5–15, 2006.
- J. Skog, T. Wurdinger, S. van Rijn, et al., “Glioblastoma microvesicles transport RNA and proteins that promote tumour growth and provide diagnostic biomarkers,” Nature Cell Biology, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 1470–1476, 2008.
- K. E. Resnick, H. Alder, J. P. Hagan, D. L. Richardson, C. M. Croce, and D. E. Cohn, “The detection of differentially expressed microRNAs from the serum of ovarian cancer patients using a novel real-time PCR platform,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 112, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2009.
- S. Gilad, E. Meiri, Y. Yogev, et al., “Serum microRNAs are promising novel biomarkers,” PLoS ONE, vol. 3, no. 9, article e3148, 2008.
- L. A. Goff, J. Davila, M. R. Swerdel, et al., “Ago2 immunoprecipitation identifies predicted MicroRNAs in human embryonic stem cells and neural precursors,” PLoS ONE, vol. 4, no. 9, article e7192, 2009.
- T. D. Schmittgen and K. J. Livak, “Analyzing real-time PCR data by the comparative CT method,” Nature Protocols, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1101–1108, 2008.
- A. J. Kal, A. J. van Zonneveld, V. Benes, et al., “Dynamics of gene expression revealed by comparison of serial analysis of gene expression transcript profiles from yeast grown on two different carbon sources,” Molecular Biology of the Cell, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1859–1872, 1999.
- N. C. Lau, L. P. Lim, E. G. Weinstein, and D. P. Bartel, “An abundant class of tiny RNAs with probable regulatory roles in Caenorhabditis elegans,” Science, vol. 294, no. 5543, pp. 858–862, 2001.
- Y.-K. Kim and V. N. Kim, “Processing of intronic microRNAs,” The EMBO Journal, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 775–783, 2007.
- S. Baskerville and D. P. Bartel, “Microarray profiling of microRNAs reveals frequent coexpression with neighboring miRNAs and host genes,” RNA, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 241–247, 2005.
- A. Rodriguez, S. Griffiths-Jones, J. L. Ashurst, and A. Bradley, “Identification of mammalian microRNA host genes and transcription units,” Genome Research, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1902–1910, 2004.
- K. Okamura, J. W. Hagen, H. Duan, D. M. Tyler, and E. C. Lai, “The mirtron pathway generates microRNA-class regulatory RNAs in Drosophila,” Cell, vol. 130, no. 1, pp. 89–100, 2007.
- J. G. Ruby, C. H. Jan, and D. P. Bartel, “Intronic microRNA precursors that bypass Drosha processing,” Nature, vol. 448, no. 7149, pp. 83–86, 2007.
- H. Zhao, F. Granberg, L. Elfineh, U. Pettersson, and C. Svensson, “Strategic attack on host cell gene expression during adenovirus infection,” Journal of Virology, vol. 77, no. 20, pp. 11006–11015, 2003.
- A. Dorn, H. Zhao, F. Granberg, et al., “Identification of specific cellular genes up-regulated late in adenovirus type 12 infection,” Journal of Virology, vol. 79, no. 4, pp. 2404–2412, 2005.
- K. A. O'Donnell, E. A. Wentzel, K. I. Zeller, C. V. Dang, and J. T. Mendell, “c-Myc-regulated microRNAs modulate E2F1 expression,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7043, pp. 839–843, 2005.
- L. He, J. M. Thomson, M. T. Hemann, et al., “A microRNA polycistron as a potential human oncogene,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7043, pp. 828–833, 2005.