- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 976827, 11 pages
The Coming-Out of Malaria Gametocytes
Research Center for Infectious Diseases, University of Würzburg, Josef-Schneider-Strasse 2, Building D15, 97080 Würzburg, Germany
Received 27 July 2009; Accepted 5 October 2009
Academic Editor: Abhay R. Satoskar
Copyright © 2010 Andrea Kuehn and Gabriele Pradel. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Andrea Kuehn, Nina Simon, and Gabriele Pradel, “Family members stick together: multi-protein complexes of malaria parasites,” Medical Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 199, no. 3, pp. 209–226, 2010.
- Ingrid Rupp, Ludmilla Sologub, Kim C Williamson, Matthias Scheuermayer, Luc Reininger, Christian Doerig, Saliha Eksi, Davy U Kombila, Matthias Frank, and Gabriele Pradel, “Malaria parasites form filamentous cell-to-cell connections during reproduction in the mosquito midgut,” Cell Research, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 683–696, 2010.
- Cristiana S. de Macedo, Ralph T. Schwarz, Adriane R. Todeschini, Jose O. Previato, and Lucia Mendonca-Previato, “Overlooked post-translational modifications of proteins in Plasmodium falciparum: N- and O-glycosylation - A review,” Memorias Do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, vol. 105, no. 8, pp. 949–956, 2010.
- Elena Deligianni, Rhiannon N. Morgan, Lucia Bertuccini, Taco W. A. Kooij, Alice Laforge, Carolin Nahar, Nikos Poulakakis, Herwig Schüler, Christos Louis, Kai Matuschewski, and Inga Siden-Kiamos, “Critical role for a stage-specific actin in male exflagellation of the malaria parasite,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1714–1730, 2011.
- Makoah N. Aminake, Sebastian Schoof, Ludmilla Sologub, Monika Leubner, Marc Kirschner, Hans-Dieter Arndt, and Gabriele Pradel, “Thiostrepton and Derivatives Exhibit Antimalarial and Gametocytocidal Activity by Dually Targeting Parasite Proteasome and Apicoplast,” Antimicrobial Agents And Chemotherapy, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1338–1348, 2011.
- Ludmilla Sologub, Andrea Kuehn, Selina Kern, Jude Przyborski, Rebecca Schillig, and Gabriele Pradel, “Malaria proteases mediate inside-out egress of gametocytes from red blood cells following parasite transmission to the mosquito,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 897–912, 2011.
- Shusuke Nakazawa, Richard Culleton, and Yoshimasa Maeno, “In vivo and in vitro gametocyte production of Plasmodium falciparum isolates from Northern Thailand,” International Journal for Parasitology, vol. 41, no. 3-4, pp. 317–323, 2011.
- T. Majmudar, E. E. Keaveny, J. Zhang, and M. J. Shelley, “Experiments and theory of undulatory locomotion in a simple structured medium,” Journal of The Royal Society Interface, vol. 9, no. 73, pp. 1809–1823, 2012.
- Makoah Nigel Aminake, Hans-Dieter Arndt, and Gabriele Pradel, “The proteasome of malaria parasites: A multi-stage drug target for chemotherapeutic intervention?,” International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance, vol. 2, pp. 1–10, 2012.
- Steven B. Mwakalinga, Christian W. Wang, Dominique C. Bengtsson, Louise Turner, Bismarck Dinko, John P. Lusingu, David E. Arnot, Colin J. Sutherland, Thor G. Theander, and Thomas Lavstsen, “Expression of a type B RIFIN in Plasmodium falciparum merozoites and gametes,” Malaria Journal, vol. 11, 2012.
- Saliha Eksi, Belinda J. Morahan, Yoseph Haile, Tetsuya Furuya, Hongying Jiang, Omar Ali, Huichun Xu, Kirakorn Kiattibutr, Amreena Suri, Beata Czesny, Adebowale Adeyemo, Timothy G. Myers, Jetsumon Sattabongkot, Xin-zhuan Su, and Kim C. Williamson, “Plasmodium falciparum Gametocyte Development 1 (Pfgdv1) and Gametocytogenesis Early Gene Identification and Commitment to Sexual Development,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 10, 2012.
- Christine C. Wirth, and Gabriele Pradel, “Molecular mechanisms of host cell egress by malaria parasites,” International Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 302, no. 4-5, pp. 172–178, 2012.
- Che Julius Ngwa, Andreas Vilcinskas, Gabriele Pradel, Matthias Scheuermayer, Gunnar Rudolf Mair, Selina Kern, Thomas Brügl, Christine Clara Wirth, Makoah Nigel Aminake, Jochen Wiesner, and Rainer Fischer, “Changes in the transcriptome of the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum during the initial phase of transmission from the human to the mosquito,” BMC Genomics, vol. 14, no. 1, 2013.
- Robert A. Walker, David J. P. Ferguson, and Catherine M. D. Miller, “Sex and Eimeria: a molecular perspective,” Parasitology, vol. 140, no. 14, pp. 1701–1717, 2013.
- Adriana Farias Silva, Erick Leite Bastos, Marcelo Der Torossian Torres, André Luis Costa-da-Silva, Rafaella Sayuri Ioshino, Margareth Lara Capurro, Flávio Lopes Alves, Antonio Miranda, Renata de Freitas Fischer Vieira, and Vani Xavier Oliveira, “Antiplasmodial activity study of angiotensin II via Ala scan analogs,” Journal of Peptide Science, 2014.