- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 101497, 8 pages
Molecular Imaging, Pharmacokinetics, and Dosimetry of 111In-AMBA in Human Prostate Tumor-Bearing Mice
1Isotope Application Division, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Taoyuan 32546, Taiwan
2Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei 11221, Taiwan
Received 7 December 2010; Accepted 7 March 2011
Academic Editor: Hong Zhang
Copyright © 2011 Chung-Li Ho et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, Y. Hao, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2009,” CA Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 225–249, 2009.
- V. Erspamer, G. F. Erpamer, and M. Inselvini, “Some pharmacological actions of alytesin and bombesin,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 875–876, 1970.
- G. S. Kroog, R. T. Jensen, and J. F. Battey, “Mammalian bombesin receptors,” Medicinal Research Reviews, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 389–417, 1995.
- H. Ohki-Hamazaki, M. Iwabuchi, and F. Maekawa, “Development and function of bombesin-like peptides and their receptors,” International Journal of Developmental Biology, vol. 49, no. 2-3, pp. 293–300, 2005.
- R. T. Jensen, J. F. Battey, E. R. Spindel, and R. V. Benya, “International union of pharmacology. LXVIII. Mammalian bombesin receptors: nomenclature, distribution, pharmacology, signaling, and functions in normal and disease states,” Pharmacological Reviews, vol. 60, no. 1, pp. 1–42, 2008.
- M. E. Maddalena, J. Fox, J. Chen et al., “Lu-AMBA biodistribution, radiotherapeutic efficacy, imaging, and autoradiography in prostate cancer models with low GRP-R expression,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 2017–2024, 2009.
- A. Nagy and A. V. Schally, “Targeting cytotoxic conjugates of somatostatin, luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone and bombesin to cancers expressing their receptors: a “smarter” chemotherapy,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 1167–1180, 2005.
- J. K. Willmann, N. van Bruggen, L. M. Dinkelborg, and S. S. Gambhir, “Molecular imaging in drug development,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 7, no. 7, pp. 591–607, 2008.
- T. Lammers, F. Kiessling, W. E. Hennink, and G. Storm, “Nanotheranostics and image-guided drug delivery: current concepts and future directions,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1899–1912, 2010.
- R. Markwalder and J. C. Reubi, “Gastrin-releasing peptide receptors in the human prostate: relation to neoplastic transformation,” Cancer Research, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1152–1159, 1999.
- C.-L. Ho, L.-C. Chen, W.-C. Lee et al., “Receptor-binding, biodistribution, dosimetry, and micro-SPECT/CT imaging of 111In-[DTPA1, Lys3, Tyr4]-bombesin analog in human prostate tumor-bearing mice,” Cancer Biotherapy and Radiopharmaceuticals, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 435–443, 2009.
- W. A. P. Breeman, M. De Jong, B. F. Bernard et al., “Pre-clinical evaluation of [111In-DTPA-Pro1, Tyr4]bombesin, a new radioligand for bombesin-receptor scintigraphy,” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 657–663, 1999.
- W. A. P. Breeman, M. De Jong, J. L. Erion et al., “Preclinical comparison of In-labeled DTPA- or DOTA-bombesin analogs for receptor-targeted scintigraphy and radionuclide therapy,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 1650–1656, 2002.
- M. De Visser, H. F. Bernard, J. L. Erion et al., “Novel 111In-labelled bombesin analogues for molecular imaging of prostate tumours,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 1228–1238, 2007.
- M. F. Tweedle, “Peptide-targeted diagnostics and radiotherapeutics,” Accounts of Chemical Research, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 958–968, 2009.
- J. G. Kereiakes and D. V. Rao, “Auger electron dosimetry: report of AAPM Nuclear Medicine Committee Task Group No. 6,” Medical Physics, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 1359–1360, 1992.
- I.-H. Liu, C.-H. Chang, C.-L. Ho et al., “Multimodality imaging and preclinical evaluation of 177Lu-AMBA for human prostate tumours in a murine model,” Anticancer Research, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 4039–4048, 2010.
- J. C. Garrison, T. L. Rold, G. L. Sieckman et al., “Evaluation of the pharmacokinetic effects of various linking group using the 111In-DOTA-X-BBN(7-14)NH structural paradigm in a prostate cancer model,” Bioconjugate Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1803–1812, 2008.
- R. P. J. Schroeder, C. Müller, S. Reneman et al., “A standardised study to compare prostate cancer targeting efficacy of five radiolabelled bombesin analogues,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1386–1396, 2010.
- R. Mansi, X. Wang, F. Forrer et al., “Evaluation of a 1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane-1,4,7,10-tetraacetic acid-conjugated bombesin-based radioantagonist for the labeling with single-photon emission computed tomography, positron emission tomography, and therapeutic radionuclides,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 15, no. 16, pp. 5240–5249, 2009.
- H. Zhang, J. Chen, C. Waldherr et al., “Synthesis and evaluation of bombesin derivatives on the basis of pan-bombesin peptides labeled with Indium-111, Lutetium-177, and Yttrium-90 for targeting bombesin receptor-expressing tumors,” Cancer Research, vol. 64, no. 18, pp. 6707–6715, 2004.
- W. H. Bakker, R. Albert, C. Bruns et al., “[111In-DTPA-D-Phe1]-octreotide, a potential radiopharmaceutical for imaging of somatostatin receptor-positive tumors: synthesis, radiolabeling and in vitro validation,” Life Sciences, vol. 49, no. 22, pp. 1583–1591, 1991.
- C. J. Smith, H. Gali, G. L. Sieckman et al., “Radiochemical investigations of 177Lu-DOTA-8-Aoc-BBN[7-14]NH: an in vitro/in vivo assessment of the targeting ability of this new radiopharmaceutical for PC-3 human prostate cancer cells,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 101–109, 2003.
- M. G. Stabin and J. A. Siegel, “Physical models and dose factors for use in internal dose assessment,” Health Physics, vol. 85, no. 3, pp. 294–310, 2003.
- E. M. Molina-Trinidad, C. A. D. Murphy, G. Ferro-Flores, E. Murphy-Stack, and H. Jung-Cook, “Radiopharmacokinetic and dosimetric parameters of 188Re-lanreotide in athymic mice with induced human cancer tumors,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 310, no. 1-2, pp. 125–130, 2006.
- International Commission on Radiological Units and Measurements, “Absorbed-Dose Specification in Nuclear Medicine, ICRU Report 67,” Journal of the ICRU, vol. 2, no. 1, 2002.
- C. H. Chang, TA. K. Chou, C. Y. Yang, T. J. Chang, YU. H. Wu, and TE. W. Lee, “Biodistribution and pharmacokinetics of transgenic pig-produced recombinant human factor IX (rhFIX) in rats,” In Vivo, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 693–698, 2008.
- S. Sotomayor, L. Muñoz-Moreno, M. J. Carmena et al., “Regulation of HER expression and transactivation in human prostate cancer cells by a targeted cytotoxic bombesin analog (AN-215) and a bombesin antagonist (RC-3095),” International Journal of Cancer, vol. 127, no. 8, pp. 1813–1822, 2010.
- D. B. Cornelio, R. Roesler, and G. Schwartsmann, “Gastrin-releasing peptide receptor as a molecular target in experimental anticancer therapy,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 1457–1466, 2007.
- T. Maina, B. A. Nock, H. Zhang et al., “Species differences of bombesin analog interactions with GRP-R define the choice of animal models in the development of GRP-R-targeting drugs,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 46, no. 5, pp. 823–830, 2005.
- J. L. Scemama, A. Zahidi, and D. Fourmy, “Interaction of [125I]-Tyr-bombesin with specific receptors on normal human pancreatic membranes,” Regulatory Peptides, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 125–132, 1986.
- B. Waser, V. Eltschinger, K. Linder, A. Nunn, and J. C. Reubi, “Selective in vitro targeting of GRP and NMB receptors in human tumours with the new bombesin tracer Lu-AMBA,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 95–100, 2007.
- C. J. Smith, W. A. Volkert, and T. J. Hoffman, “Radiolabeled peptide conjugates for targeting of the bombesin receptor superfamily subtypes,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 733–740, 2005.
- S. Louis, “Octreoscan kit for the preparation of indium-111 pentetreotide [product monograph],” 1995.
- M. Ferrari, M. Cremonesi, M. Bartolomei et al., “Dosimetric model for locoregional treatments of brain tumors with Y-conjugates: clinical application with Y-DOTATOC,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 105–112, 2006.
- E. P. Krenning, P. P. M. Koolj, W. H. Bakker et al., “Radiotherapy with a radiolabeled somatostatin analogue, [111In-DTPA-D-Phe1]-Octreotide. A case history,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 733, pp. 496–506, 1994.
- L. E. Lantry, E. Cappelletti, M. E. Maddalena et al., “177Lu-AMBA: synthesis and characterization of a selective 177Lu-labeled GRP-R agonist for systemic radiotherapy of prostate cancer,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 47, no. 7, pp. 1144–1152, 2006.