- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 103069, 16 pages
Tropomodulin Capping of Actin Filaments in Striated Muscle Development and Physiology
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Received 30 June 2011; Accepted 18 August 2011
Academic Editor: Aikaterini Kontrogianni-Konstantopoulos
Copyright © 2011 David S. Gokhin and Velia M. Fowler. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sawako Yamashiro, David S. Gokhin, Sumiko Kimura, Roberta B. Nowak, and Velia M. Fowler, “Tropomodulins: Pointed-end capping proteins that regulate actin filament architecture in diverse cell types,” Cytoskeleton, vol. 69, no. 6, pp. 337–370, 2012.
- Xiao Zhao, Zheng Huang, Xiaohong Liu, Yaosheng Chen, Wen Gong, Kaifan Yu, Lijun Qin, Hu Chen, and Delin Mo, “The switch role of the Tmod4 in the regulation of balanced development between myogenesis and adipogenesis,” Gene, 2013.
- David S. Gokhin, and Velia M. Fowler, “A two-segment model for thin filament architecture in skeletal muscle,” Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 113–119, 2013.
- Thomas Fath, “Tropomodulins and tropomyosins - Organizers of cellular microcompartments,” Biomolecular Concepts, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 89–101, 2013.
- Izabela Michalczyk, Aleksander F. Sikorski, Leszek Kotula, Richard P. Junghans, and Patrycja M. Dubielecka, “The emerging role of protein kinase Cθ in cytoskeletal signaling,” Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 93, no. 3, pp. 319–327, 2013.
- Caroline R. McKeown, Roberta B. Nowak, David S. Gokhin, and Velia M. Fowler, “Tropomyosin is required for cardiac morphogenesis, myofibril assembly, and formation of adherens junctions in the developing mouse embryo,” Developmental Dynamics, 2014.