- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 145214, 8 pages
Attenuation of Brain Nitrostative and Oxidative Damage by Brain Cooling during Experimental Traumatic Brain Injury
1Institute of Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan 704, Taiwan
2Department of Biotechnology, Southern Taiwan University, Tainan 710, Taiwan
3Department of Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan 710, Taiwan
4Division of Trauma and Emergency Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Kaohsiung Medical Center, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
5Department of Medical Research, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan 710, Taiwan
6Graduate Institute of Disease Prevention and Control, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
Received 25 June 2010; Revised 16 December 2010; Accepted 4 January 2011
Academic Editor: Abdel A. Abdel-Rahman
Copyright © 2011 Jinn-Rung Kuo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jinn-Rung Kuo, and Chung-Ching Chio, “Brain temperature management in traumatic brain injury,” Formosan Journal of Surgery, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 167–171, 2012.
- Che-Chuan Wang, Yuan-Shen Chen, Bor-Shyh Lin, Chung-Ching Chio, Chiao-Ya Hu, and Jinn-Rung Kuo, “The neuronal protective effects of local brain cooling at the craniectomy site after lateral fluid percussion injury in a rat model,” Journal of Surgical Research, 2013.
- Che-Chuan Wang, Kao-Chang Lin, Bor-Shyh Lin, Chung-Ching Chio, and Jinn-Rung Kuo, “Resuscitation from experimental traumatic brain injury by magnolol therapy,” Journal of Surgical Research, 2013.
- Anatol Manaenko, Tim Lekic, Qingyi Ma, John H. Zhang, and Jiping Tang, “Hydrogen Inhalation Ameliorated Mast Cell–Mediated Brain Injury After Intracerebral Hemorrhage in Mice,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1266–1275, 2013.
- Kenji Dohi, Kazuyuki Miyamoto, Kenichiro Fukuda, Shunsuke Nakamura, Munetaka Hayashi, Hirokazu Ohtaki, Seiji Shioda, and Tohru Aruga, “Status of Systemic Oxidative Stress during Therapeutic Hypothermia in Patients with Post-Cardiac Arrest Syndrome,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Takashi Miyauchi, Enoch P. Wei, and John T. Povlishock, “Evidence for the Therapeutic Efficacy of Either Mild Hypothermia or Oxygen Radical Scavengers after Repetitive Mild Traumatic Brain Injury,” Journal of Neurotrauma, pp. 140207125301008, 2014.