- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 146493, 15 pages
Beyond Histone and Deacetylase: An Overview of Cytoplasmic Histone Deacetylases and Their Nonhistone Substrates
1Department of Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung 41354, Taiwan
2Institute of Molecular Biology, National Chung Hsing University, 250 Kuo-Kuang Road, Taichung 40227, Taiwan
Received 20 July 2010; Revised 22 October 2010; Accepted 16 November 2010
Academic Editor: Patrick Matthias
Copyright © 2011 Ya-Li Yao and Wen-Ming Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [33 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Li Yang, Bhavapriya Vaitheesvaran, Kirsten Hartil, Alan J. Robinson, Michael R. Hoopmann, Jimmy K. Eng, Irwin J. Kurland, and James E. Bruce, “The Fasted/Fed Mouse Metabolic Acetylome: N6-Acetylation Differences Suggest Acetylation Coordinates Organ-Specific Fuel Switching,” Journal Of Proteome Research, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 4134–4149, 2011.
- Filipa Antunes, Andreas Marg, and Uwe Vinkemeier, “STAT1 Signaling Is Not Regulated by a Phosphorylation-Acetylation Switch,” Molecular and Cellular Biology, vol. 31, no. 14, pp. 3029–3037, 2011.
- Claire Jacob, Frederic Lebrun-Julien, and Ueli Suter, “How Histone Deacetylases Control Myelination,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 303–312, 2011.
- Nicola Tinari, Michele de Tursi, Antonino Grassadonia, Marinella Zilli, Liborio Stuppia, Stefano Iacobelli, and Clara Natoli, “An epigenetic approach to pancreatic cancer treatment: The prospective role of histone deacetylase inhibitors,” Current Cancer Drug Targets, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 439–452, 2012.
- F. Cherblanc, N. Chapman-Rothe, R. Brown, and M. J. Fuchter, “Current limitations and future opportunities for epigenetic therapies,” Future Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 425–446, 2012.
- Irina Kirpich, Smita Ghare, Jingwen Zhang, Leila Gobejishvili, Giorgi Kharebava, Swati Joshi Barve, David Barker, Akshata Moghe, Craig J. McClain, and Shirish Barve, “Binge Alcohol-Induced Microvesicular Liver Steatosis and Injury are Associated with Down-Regulation of Hepatic Hdac1, 7, 9, 10, 11 and Up-Regulation of Hdac3,” Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 1578–1586, 2012.
- Xiaoyan Qu, Juan Du, Chunyang Zhang, Weijun Fu, Hao Xi, Jianfeng Zou, and Jian Hou, “Arsenic Trioxide Exerts Antimyeloma Effects by Inhibiting Activity in the Cytoplasmic Substrates of Histone Deacetylase 6,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012.
- Melissa A. Suter, Aishe Chen, Marie S. Burdine, Mahua Choudhury, R. Alan Harris, Robert H. Lane, Jacob E. Friedman, Kevin L. Grove, Alan J. Tackett, and Kjersti M. Aagaard, “A maternal high-fat diet modulates fetal SIRT1 histone and protein deacetylase activity in nonhuman primates,” Faseb Journal, vol. 26, no. 12, pp. 5106–5114, 2012.
- J. Fraczek, J. Bolleyn, T. Vanhaecke, V. Rogiers, and M. Vinken, “Primary hepatocyte cultures for pharmaco-toxicological studies: at the busy crossroad of various anti-dedifferentiation strategies,” Archives of Toxicology, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 577–610, 2012.
- Toghrul Jafarov, James W.M. Alexander, and René St-Arnaud, “αNAC interacts with histone deacetylase corepressors to control Myogenin and Osteocalcin gene expression,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Gene Regulatory Mechanisms, vol. 1819, no. 11-12, pp. 1208–1216, 2012.
- Peter J. van den Elsen, Marja C.J.A. van Eggermond, Fabiola Puentes, Paul van der Valk, David Baker, and Sandra Amor, “The epigenetics of multiple sclerosis and other related disorders,” Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders, 2013.
- Vishnu Kannan, Nieske Brouwer, Uwe-Karsten Hanisch, Tommy Regen, Bart J.L. Eggen, and Hendrikus W.G.M. Boddeke, “Histone deacetylase inhibitors suppress immune activation in primary mouse microglia,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2013.
- Vasiliki S. Lalioti, Silvia Vergarajauregui, Alfredo Villasante, Diego Pulido, and Ignacio V. Sandoval, “ C6orf89 encodes three distinct HDAC enhancers that function in the nucleolus, the golgi and the midbody ,” Journal of Cellular Physiology, vol. 228, no. 9, pp. 1907–1921, 2013.
- Lenka Činčárová, Zbyněk Zdráhal, and Jiří Fajkus, “New perspectives of valproic acid in clinical practice,” Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1535–1547, 2013.
- Yu-Chieh Wang, Suzanne E Peterson, and Jeanne F Loring, “Protein post-translational modifications and regulation of pluripotency in human stem cells,” Cell Research, 2013.
- Sean P. Murphy, Rona J. Lee, Megan E. McClean, Heather E. Pemberton, Takuma Uo, Richard S. Morrison, Chinthasagar Bastian, and Selva Baltan, “MS-275, a Class I histone deacetylase inhibitor, protects the p53-deficient mouse against ischemic injury,” Journal of Neurochemistry, 2013.
- Bo Liu, Xin Chen, Zhao-Qi Wang, and Wei-Min Tong, “ Nbn gene inactivation in the CNS of mouse inhibits the myelinating ability of the mature cortical oligodendrocytes ,” Glia, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 133–144, 2013.
- Weiping Zheng, “Mechanism-based Modulator Discovery for Sirtuin-catalyzed Deacetylation Reaction,” Mini-Reviews In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 132–154, 2013.
- I. Eriksson, M. Joosten, K. Roberg, and K. Ollinger, “The histone deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin A reduces lysosomal pH and enhances cisplatin-induced apoptosis,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 319, no. 1, pp. 12–20, 2013.
- Bilal N. Sheikh, “Crafting the Brain – Role of Histone Acetyltransferases in Neural Development and Disease,” Cell and Tissue Research, 2014.
- Claire Jacob, Pirmin Loetscher, Stefanie Engler, Arianna Baggiolini, Sandra Varum Tavares, Valerie Bruegger, Nessy John, Stine Buechmann-Moller, Paige L. Snider, Simon J. Conway, Teppei Yamaguchi, Patrick Matthias, Lukas Sommer, Ned Mantei, and Ueli Suter, “HDAC1 and HDAC2 Control the Specification of Neural Crest Cells into Peripheral Glia,” Journal of Neuroscience, vol. 34, no. 17, pp. 6112–6122, 2014.
- Rosaria Benedetti, Mariarosaria Conte, and Lucia Altucci, “Targeting Histone Deacetylases in Diseases: Where Are We?,” Antioxidants & Redox Signaling, pp. 140306082913009, 2014.
- Haifa Kassis, Michael Chopp, Xian Shuang Liu, Amjad Shehadah, Cynthia Roberts, and Zheng Gang Zhang, “Histone Deacetylase Expression in White Matter Oligodendrocytes after Stroke,” Neurochemistry International, 2014.
- B. Liu, X. Chen, Z. Q. Wang, and W. M. Tong, “DNA Damage and Oxidative Injury are Associated with Hypomyelination in the Corpus Callosum of Newborn Nbn(CNS-del) Mice,” Journal of Neuroscience Research, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 254–266, 2014.
- Yuyu Song, and Scott T. Brady, “Post-translational modifications of tubulin: pathways to functional diversity of microtubules,” Trends in Cell Biology, 2014.
- Galit Pinto, Biana Shtaif, Moshe Phillip, and Galia Gat-Yablonski, “Growth attenuation is associated with histone deacetylase 10-induced autophagy in the liver,” The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2015.
- Melanie J. McConnell, Laetitia Durand, Emma Langley, Lise Coste-Sarguet, Arthur Zelent, Christine Chomienne, Tony Kouzarides, Jonathan D. Licht, and Fabien Guidez, “Post transcriptional control of the epigenetic stem cell regulator PLZF by sirtuin and HDAC deacetylases,” Epigenetics & Chromatin, vol. 8, 2015.
- Christopher A. Hamm, and Fabricio F. Costa, “Epigenomes as therapeutic targets,” Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2015.
- Matthew B. Robers, Melanie L. Dart, Carolyn C. Woodroofe, Chad A. Zimprich, Thomas A. Kirkland, Thomas Machleidt, Kevin R. Kupcho, Sergiy Levin, James R. Hartnett, Kristopher Zimmerman, Andrew L. Niles, Rachel Friedman Ohana, Danette L. Daniels, Michael Slater, Monika G. Wood, Mei Cong, Yi-Qiang Cheng, and Keith V. Wood, “Target engagement and drug residence time can be observed in living cells with BRET,” Nature Communications, vol. 6, 2015.
- Tasha B. Toro, and Terry J. Watt, “KDAC8 substrate specificity quantified by a biologically relevant, label-free deacetylation assay,” Protein Science, 2015.
- Leilei Xu, Fang Wang, Ying Xu, Yi Wang, Cuiping Zhang, Xue Qin, Hongxiu Yu, and Pengyuan Yang, “An MRM-based workflow for absolute quantitation of lysine-acetylated metabolic enzymes in mouse liver,” The Analyst, vol. 140, no. 23, pp. 7868–7875, 2015.
- Ravi Sonkar, Catherine A. Powell, and Mahua Choudhury, “Benzyl butyl phthalate induces epigenetic stress to enhance adipogenesis in mesenchymal stem cells,” Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, 2016.
- Tasha B. Toro, Subramanya Pingali, Thao P. Nguyen, Destane S. Garrett, Kyra A. Dodson, Kyara A. Nichols, Rashad A. Haynes, Florastina Payton-Stewart, and Terry J. Watt, “KDAC8 with High Basal Velocity Is Not Activated by N-Acetylthioureas,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016.