- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 159834, 5 pages
Brown Adipose Tissue Can Be Activated or Inhibited within an Hour before 18F-FDG Injection: A Preliminary Study with MicroPET
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Received 30 December 2010; Accepted 16 February 2011
Academic Editor: Mei Tian
Copyright © 2011 Chenxi Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M Reza Mirbolooki, Cristian C. Constantinescu, Min-Liang Pan, and Jogeshwar Mukherjee, “Quantitative assessment of brown adipose tissue metabolic activity and volume using 18F-FDG PET/CT and β3-adrenergic receptor activation,” EJNMMI Research, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2011.
- Xueli Zhang, Chaincy Kuo, Anna Moore, and Chongzhao Ran, “In Vivo Optical Imaging of Interscapular Brown Adipose Tissue with 18F-FDG via Cerenkov Luminescence Imaging,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 4, 2013.
- Guy H. E. J. Vijgen, Nicole D. Bouvy, Loes Leenen, Kim Rijkers, Erwin Cornips, Marian Majoie, Boudewijn Brans, and Wouter D. van Marken Lichtenbelt, “Vagus Nerve Stimulation Increases Energy Expenditure: Relation to Brown Adipose Tissue Activity,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 10, 2013.
- Chenxi Wu, Wuying Cheng, Yi Sun, Yonghong Dang, Fengying Gong, Huijuan Zhu, Naishi Li, Fang Li, and Zhaohui Zhu, “Activating Brown Adipose Tissue for Weight Loss and Lowering of Blood Glucose Levels: A MicroPET Study Using Obese and Diabetic Model Mice,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 12, 2014.
- Ricki Harrell, H. Anton Speaker, Scott L. Mitchell, and Karen E. Sabol, “The effects of the β1 antagonist, metoprolol, on methamphetamine-induced changes in core temperature in the rat,” Neuroscience Letters, 2015.
- Xueli Zhang, Yanli Tian, Hongbin Zhang, Amol Kavishwar, Matthew Lynes, Anna-Liisa Brownell, Hongbin Sun, Yu-Hua Tseng, Anna Moore, and Chongzhao Ran, “Curcumin analogues as selective fluorescence imaging probes for brown adipose tissue and monitoring browning,” Scientific Reports, vol. 5, 2015.
- Sander Kooijman, José K. van den Heuvel, and Patrick C.N. Rensen, “Neuronal Control of Brown Fat Activity,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2015.