- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 165214, 7 pages
Mechanisms of Resistance to EGFR TKIs and Development of a New Generation of Drugs in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Department of General Surgical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University, 3-39-22 Showa-machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511, Japan
Received 19 January 2011; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editor: Dominic Fan
Copyright © 2011 Takayuki Kosaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [21 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yi-fan Chen, and Li-wu Fu, “Mechanisms of acquired resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 197–207, 2011.
- F. Chen, R. Miyahara, T. Sato, M. Sonobe, H. Sakai, T. Bando, and H. Date, “Usefulness of endobronchial ultrasound in patients with previously treated thoracic malignancy,” Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 34–37, 2011.
- Charles V. Rajadurai, Serhiy Havrylov, Kossay Zaoui, Richard Vaillancourt, Matthew Stuible, Monica Naujokas, Dongmei Zuo, Michel L. Tremblay, and Morag Park, “Met receptor tyrosine kinase signals through a cortactin-Gab1 scaffold comp lex, to mediate invadopodia,” Journal Of Cell Science, vol. 125, no. 12, pp. 2940–2953, 2012.
- M. Ilie, and P. Hofman, “Pitfalls in Lung Cancer Molecular Pathology: How to Limit them in Routine P ractice?,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2638–2651, 2012.
- V. Hirsh, B. Melosky, G. Goss, D. Morris, and W. Morzycki, “A personalized approach to treatment: use of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor s for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer in Canada,” Current Oncology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 78–90, 2012.
- Vera Hirsh, “Re. Karam I, Melosky B. Response to second-line erlotinib in an EGFR mutati on-negative patient with non-small-cell lung cancer: make no assumptions. C urr Oncol 2012;19:42-6.,” Current Oncology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 21–22, 2012.
- Pawel Krawczyk, Radoslaw Mlak, Tomasz Powrozek, Marcin Nicos, Dariusz M. Kowalski, Kamila Wojas-Krawczyk, and Janusz Milanowski, “Mechanisms of resistance to reversible inhibitors of EGFR tyrosine kinase i n non-small cell lung cancer,” Wspolczesna Onkologia-Contemporary Oncology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 401–406, 2012.
- Jasmine G. Lee, and Reen Wu, “Combination Erlotinib-Cisplatin and Atg3-Mediated Autophagy in Erlotinib Re sistant Lung Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Alicia D. Powers, Bi Liu, Andrew G. Lee, and Sean P. Palecek, “Macroporous hydrogel micropillars for quantifying Met kinase activity in cancer cell lysates,” The Analyst, vol. 137, no. 17, pp. 4052, 2012.
- Xiao-Hui Zhou, Li-Na Tang, Lu Yue, Da-Liu Min, Yi Yang, Jian-An Huang, and Zan Shen, “HGFK1 is Associated with a Better Prognostis and Reverses Inhibition by Gef itinib in NSCLC Cases,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1457–1461, 2012.
- Mian Xie, Chao-Sheng He, Shen-Hai Wei, and Li Zhang, “Notch-1 contributes to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor acquired resistance in non-small cell lung cancer in vitro and in vivo,” European Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Helmut H. Popper, Ulrike Gruber-Moesenbacher, Leonhard Müllauer, Georg Hutarew, Michael Vesely, Robert Pirker, Wolfgang Hilbe, Ferdinand Ploner, Ulrike Setinek, Wolfgang Hulla, Hans Maier, William Sterlacci, Klaus Kirchbacher, Rainer Kolb, Maximilian Hochmair, Gerald Webersinke, Elvira Stacher, Patricia Grabher, and Tamara Hernler, “Recommendations of the Austrian Working Group on Lung Pathology and Oncology for predictive molecular and immunohistochemical testing in non-small cell lung cancer,” memo - Magazine of European Medical Oncology, 2013.
- Robert Roskoski, “The preclinical profile of crizotinib for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer and other neoplastic disorders,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Vladimira Koudelakova, Magdalena Kneblova, Radek Trojanec, Jiri Drabek, and Marian Hajduch, “Non-small cell lung cancer - genetic predictors,” Biomedical Papers, 2013.
- S. Tjulandin, V. Moiseyenko, V. Semiglazov, G. Manikhas, M. Learoyd, A. Saunders, M. Stuart, and U. Keilholz, “Phase I, dose-finding study of AZD8931, an inhibitor of EGFR (erbB1), HER2 (erbB2) and HER3 (erbB3) signaling, in patients with advanced solid tumors,” Investigational New Drugs, 2013.
- Howard A. Burris, “Overcoming acquired resistance to anticancer therapy: focus on the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 829–842, 2013.
- Magali Humbert, Michaela Medová, Daniel M. Aebersold, Andree Blaukat, Friedhelm Bladt, Martin F. Fey, Yitzhak Zimmer, and Mario P. Tschan, “Protective autophagy is involved in resistance towards MET inhibitors in human gastric adenocarcinoma cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 431, no. 2, pp. 264–269, 2013.
- Minghui Zhang, Xiaosan Zhang, Shu Zhao, Yan Wang, Wenyu Di, Gangling Zhao, Maopeng Yang, and Qingyuan Zhang, “Prognostic value of survivin and EGFR protein expression in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) patients,” Targeted Oncology, 2013.
- Shirish M. Gadgeel, and Antoinette Wozniak, “Preclinical Rationale for PI3K/Akt/mTOR Pathway Inhibitors as Therapy for Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitor-Resistant Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer,” Clinical Lung Cancer, 2013.
- Cheryl A. London, “Kinase dysfunction and kinase inhibitors,” Veterinary Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 181–e40, 2013.
- Alexander Levitzki, “Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors: Views of Selectivity, Sensitivity, and Clinical Performance,” Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 161–185, 2013.