- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 165214, 7 pages
Mechanisms of Resistance to EGFR TKIs and Development of a New Generation of Drugs in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer
Department of General Surgical Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma University, 3-39-22 Showa-machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8511, Japan
Received 19 January 2011; Accepted 11 April 2011
Academic Editor: Dominic Fan
Copyright © 2011 Takayuki Kosaka et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [35 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yi-fan Chen, and Li-wu Fu, “Mechanisms of acquired resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors,” Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 197–207, 2011.
- F. Chen, R. Miyahara, T. Sato, M. Sonobe, H. Sakai, T. Bando, and H. Date, “Usefulness of endobronchial ultrasound in patients with previously treated thoracic malignancy,” Interactive CardioVascular and Thoracic Surgery, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 34–37, 2011.
- Charles V. Rajadurai, Serhiy Havrylov, Kossay Zaoui, Richard Vaillancourt, Matthew Stuible, Monica Naujokas, Dongmei Zuo, Michel L. Tremblay, and Morag Park, “Met receptor tyrosine kinase signals through a cortactin-Gab1 scaffold comp lex, to mediate invadopodia,” Journal Of Cell Science, vol. 125, no. 12, pp. 2940–2953, 2012.
- M. Ilie, and P. Hofman, “Pitfalls in Lung Cancer Molecular Pathology: How to Limit them in Routine P ractice?,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 2638–2651, 2012.
- V. Hirsh, B. Melosky, G. Goss, D. Morris, and W. Morzycki, “A personalized approach to treatment: use of EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor s for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer in Canada,” Current Oncology, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 78–90, 2012.
- Vera Hirsh, “Re. Karam I, Melosky B. Response to second-line erlotinib in an EGFR mutati on-negative patient with non-small-cell lung cancer: make no assumptions. C urr Oncol 2012;19:42-6.,” Current Oncology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 21–22, 2012.
- Carolina H. Thomé, Alice Chin, Samir M. Hanash, Roberto P. Falcão, Eduardo M. Rego, Lewis J. Greene, Vitor M. Faça, Guilherme A. Dos Santos, Germano A. Ferreira, Priscila S. Scheucher, Clarice Izumi, Andreia M. Leopoldino, Ana Maria Simão, Pietro Ciancaglini, and Kleber T. De Oliveira, “Linker for activation of T-cell family member2 (LAT2) a lipid raft adaptor protein for AKT signaling, is an early mediator of alkylphospholipid anti-leukemic activity,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1898–1912, 2012.
- Linette Castillo-Pichardo, and Suranganie F. Dharmawardhane, “Grape polyphenols inhibit Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin signaling and potentiate the effects of gefitinib in breast cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 64, no. 7, pp. 1058–1069, 2012.
- Xiaochun Wang, Philip J. Crowe, David Goldstein, and Jia-Lin Yang, “STAT3 inhibition, a novel approach to enhancing targeted therapy in human cancers (Review),” International Journal of Oncology, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 1181–1191, 2012.
- Pawel Krawczyk, Radoslaw Mlak, Tomasz Powrozek, Marcin Nicos, Dariusz M. Kowalski, Kamila Wojas-Krawczyk, and Janusz Milanowski, “Mechanisms of resistance to reversible inhibitors of EGFR tyrosine kinase i n non-small cell lung cancer,” Wspolczesna Onkologia-Contemporary Oncology, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 401–406, 2012.
- Jasmine G. Lee, and Reen Wu, “Combination Erlotinib-Cisplatin and Atg3-Mediated Autophagy in Erlotinib Re sistant Lung Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Sun Mi Kim, Byoung Chul Cho, Oh-Joon Kwon, Yun Kyoung Hong, Joo Hang Kim, Flavio Solca, Sang-Jun Ha, Ross A. Soo, James G. Christensen, and Ji Hyun Lee, “Activation of IL-6R/JAK1/STAT3 signaling induces De Novo resistance to irreversible EGFR inhibitors in non-small cell lung cancer with T790M resistance mutation,” Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2254–2264, 2012.
- Ruili Han, Xiaoli Wang, Diansheng Zhong, Juan Zhao, Zhe Chen, Linlin Sun, Jing Wang, and Jinbang Zhang, “Molecular mechanism of erlotinib resistance in epidermal growth factor receptor mutant non-small cell lung cancer cell line H1650,” Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer, vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 689–693, 2012.
- Alicia D. Powers, Bi Liu, Andrew G. Lee, and Sean P. Palecek, “Macroporous hydrogel micropillars for quantifying Met kinase activity in cancer cell lysates,” The Analyst, vol. 137, no. 17, pp. 4052, 2012.
- Xiao-Hui Zhou, Li-Na Tang, Lu Yue, Da-Liu Min, Yi Yang, Jian-An Huang, and Zan Shen, “HGFK1 is Associated with a Better Prognostis and Reverses Inhibition by Gef itinib in NSCLC Cases,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1457–1461, 2012.
- Mian Xie, Chao-Sheng He, Shen-Hai Wei, and Li Zhang, “Notch-1 contributes to epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor acquired resistance in non-small cell lung cancer in vitro and in vivo,” European Journal of Cancer, 2013.
- Kuete, and Efferth, “Molecular determinants of cancer cell sensitivity and resistance towards the sesquiterpene farnesol,” Pharmazie, vol. 68, no. 7, pp. 608–615, 2013.
- Robert Roskoski, “The preclinical profile of crizotinib for the treatment of non-small-cell lung cancer and other neoplastic disorders,” Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Helmut H. Popper, Ulrike Gruber-Moesenbacher, Leonhard Müllauer, Georg Hutarew, Michael Vesely, Robert Pirker, Wolfgang Hilbe, Ferdinand Ploner, Ulrike Setinek, Wolfgang Hulla, Hans Maier, William Sterlacci, Klaus Kirchbacher, Rainer Kolb, Maximilian Hochmair, Gerald Webersinke, Elvira Stacher, Patricia Grabher, and Tamara Hernler, “Recommendations of the Austrian Working Group on Lung Pathology and Oncology for predictive molecular and immunohistochemical testing in non-small cell lung cancer,” memo - Magazine of European Medical Oncology, 2013.
- Vladimira Koudelakova, Magdalena Kneblova, Radek Trojanec, Jiri Drabek, and Marian Hajduch, “Non-small cell lung cancer - genetic predictors,” Biomedical Papers, 2013.
- Marybeth Sechler, Amber D. Cizmic, Sreedevi Avasarala, Michelle Van Scoyk, Christine Brzezinski, Nicole Kelley, Rama Kamesh Bikkavilli, and Robert A. Winn, “Non-small-cell lung cancer: Molecular targeted therapy and personalized medicine - Drug resistance, mechanisms, and strategies,” Pharmacogenomics and Personalized Medicine, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 25–36, 2013.
- S. Tjulandin, V. Moiseyenko, V. Semiglazov, G. Manikhas, M. Learoyd, A. Saunders, M. Stuart, and U. Keilholz, “Phase I, dose-finding study of AZD8931, an inhibitor of EGFR (erbB1), HER2 (erbB2) and HER3 (erbB3) signaling, in patients with advanced solid tumors,” Investigational New Drugs, 2013.
- Howard A. Burris, “Overcoming acquired resistance to anticancer therapy: focus on the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 829–842, 2013.
- Magali Humbert, Michaela Medová, Daniel M. Aebersold, Andree Blaukat, Friedhelm Bladt, Martin F. Fey, Yitzhak Zimmer, and Mario P. Tschan, “Protective autophagy is involved in resistance towards MET inhibitors in human gastric adenocarcinoma cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 431, no. 2, pp. 264–269, 2013.
- S. Carrera, A. Buque, E. Azkona, U. Aresti, B. Calvo, A. Sancho, M. Arruti, M. Nuño, I. Rubio, A. R. Lobera, C. Lopez, and G. L. Vivanco, “Epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine-kinase inhibitor treatment resistance in non-small cell lung cancer: biological basis and therapeutic strategies,” Clinical and Translational Oncology, 2013.
- Minghui Zhang, Xiaosan Zhang, Shu Zhao, Yan Wang, Wenyu Di, Gangling Zhao, Maopeng Yang, and Qingyuan Zhang, “Prognostic value of survivin and EGFR protein expression in triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) patients,” Targeted Oncology, 2013.
- Shirish M. Gadgeel, and Antoinette Wozniak, “Preclinical Rationale for PI3K/Akt/mTOR Pathway Inhibitors as Therapy for Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Inhibitor-Resistant Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer,” Clinical Lung Cancer, 2013.
- Cheryl A. London, “Kinase dysfunction and kinase inhibitors,” Veterinary Dermatology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 181–e40, 2013.
- Alexander Levitzki, “Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors: Views of Selectivity, Sensitivity, and Clinical Performance,” Annual Review of Pharmacology and Toxicology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 161–185, 2013.
- Deng Pan, and Xin Lin, “Epithelial Growth Factor Receptor–Activated Nuclear Factor κB Signaling and Its Role in Epithelial Growth Factor Receptor–Associated Tumors,” The Cancer Journal, vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 461–467, 2013.
- Joy Tang, Rasha Salama, Shirish M. Gadgeel, Fazlul H. Sarkar, and Aamir Ahmad, “Erlotinib resistance in lung cancer: Current progress and future perspectives,” Frontiers in Pharmacology, vol. 4, 2013.
- Kalliopi Domvri, Kaid Darwiche, Robert F. Browning, Qiang Li, J. Francis Turner, Ioannis Kioumis, Dionysios Spyratos, Konstantinos Porpodis, Antonis Papaiwannou, Theodora Tsiouda, Lutz Freitag, and Konstantinos Zarogoulidis, “Molecular Targeted Drugs and Biomarkers in NSCLC, the Evolving Role of Indi vidualized Therapy,” Journal of Cancer, vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 736–754, 2013.
- Chuanhao Tang, Xiaoqing Liu, Xiaoyan Li, Wanfeng Guo, Jianjie Li, Haifeng Qin, Weixia Wang, Lili Qu, Juan An, and Hongjun Gao, “How to make the choice in the retreatment of EGFR-TKI for advanced NSCLC patients who benefited from prior gefitinib therapy: The original drug or switching to a second EGFR-TKI?,” Chinese Journal of Lung Cancer, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 345–352, 2013.
- Zhangjian Huang, Yisheng Lai, Sixun Peng, Yihua Zhang, Chun Han, Ledong Wan, Hongbin Ji, and Ke Ding, “Synthesis and evaluation of 2-anilinopyrimidines bearing 3-aminopropamides as potential epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors,” European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2014.
- Chang Gong Lee, Susan McCarthy, Mike Gruidl, and Cindy Timme, “MicroRNA-147 Induces a Mesenchymal-To-Epithelial Transition (MET) and Rever ses EGFR Inhibitor Resistance,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.