- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 196238, 7 pages
Direct Determination of ECD in ECD Kit: A Solid Sample Quantitation Method for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient in Drug Product
1Chemical Analysis Division, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Taoyuan 32546, Taiwan
2Isotope Application Division, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Taoyuan 32546, Taiwan
3Institute of Nuclear Energy Research (INER), Taoyuan 32546, Taiwan
Received 31 December 2010; Revised 25 February 2011; Accepted 11 March 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Ming-Yu Chao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- The American College of Radiology, ACR Practice Guideline for the Performance of Single-Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) Brain Perfusion Imaging, The American College of Radiology, 2002.
- Ö. L. Kapucu, F. Nobili, A. Varrone et al., “EANM procedure guideline for brain perfusion SPECT using 99mTc-labelled radiopharmaceuticals, version 2,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 2093–2102, 2009.
- B. Borroni, D. Anchisi, B. Paghera et al., “Combined Tc-ECD SPECT and neuropsychological studies in MCI for the assessment of conversion to AD,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 24–31, 2006.
- A. Caroli, C. Geroldi, F. Nobili et al., “Functional compensation in incipient Alzheimer's disease,” Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 387–397, 2010.
- J. P. Wielepp, J. M. Burgunder, T. Pohle, E. P. Ritter, J. A. Kinser, and J. K. Krauss, “Deactivation of thalamocortical activity is responsible for suppression of parkinsonian tremor by thalamic stimulation: a Tc-ECD SPECT study,” Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 228–231, 2001.
- F. V. Schraml, L. L. Beason-Held, D. W. Fletcher, and B. P. Brown, “Cerebral accumulation of Tc-99m ethyl cysteinate dimer (ECD) in severe, transient hypothyroidism,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 321–329, 2006.
- M. Bauer, D. H. S. Silverman, F. Schlagenhauf et al., “Brain glucose metabolism in hypothyroidism: a positron emission tomography study before and after thyroid hormone replacement therapy,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 94, no. 8, pp. 2922–2929, 2009.
- I. Sunada, T. Ishida, S. Sakamoto, and N. Tsuyuguchi, “A discrepancy between Tc-99m HMPAO SPECT and Tc-99m ECD SPECT in Creutzfeldt-Jacob disease,” Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 648–650, 2004.
- R. Ukisu, T. Kushihashi, E. Tanaka et al., “Diffusion-weighted MR imaging of early-stage Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease: typical and atypical manifestations,” Radiographics, vol. 26, pp. S191–S204, 2006.
- R. S. Diler, M. Reyhanli, F. Toros, M. Kibar, and A. Avci, “Tc-99m-ECD SPECT brain imaging in children with Tourette's Syndrome,” Yonsei Medical Journal, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 403–410, 2002.
- W. Y. Chen, C. Y. Lin, I. C. Chou, F. J. Tsai, and S. S. Sun, “The role of 99mTc-ECD brain SPECT in differentiating Tourrettes syndrome from chronic tic disorder,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine and Sciences, vol. 16, pp. 59–63, 2003.
- S. S. Sun, I. C. Chou, Y. H. Lai, and C. H. Kao, “99mTc-ECD SPECT image in children with Gilles de la Tourette's syndrome: a preliminary report,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine and Sciences, vol. 14, pp. 149–153, 2001.
- C. P. Chang, Y. C. Shiau, J. J. Wang, S. T. Ho, and A. Kao, “Abnormal regional cerebral blood flow on Tc ECD brain SPECT in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome and normal findings on brain magnetic resonance imaging,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 774–778, 2002.
- R. C. Walovitch, T. C. Hill, S. T. Garrity et al., “Characterization of technetium-99m-L,L-ECD for brain perfusion imaging, Part 1: pharmacology of technetium-99m ECD in nonhuman primates,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1892–1901, 1989.
- J. Leveille, G. Demonceau, M. De Roo et al., “Characterization of technetium-99m-L,L-ECD for brain perfusion imaging, Part 2: biodistribution and brain imaging in humans,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1902–1910, 1989.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Medical Imaging, Neurolite® Kit for the Preparation of Technetium Tc99m Bicisate for Injection, Bristol-Myers Squibb Medical Imaging, North Billerica, Mass, USA, 2003.
- S. Vallabhajosula, R. E. Zimmerman, M. Picard et al., “Technetium-99m ECD: a new brain imaging agent: in vivo kinetics and biodistribution studies in normal human subjects,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 599–604, 1989.
- I. C. Dormehl, D. W. Oliver, K. J. Langen, N. Hugo, and S. A. Croft, “Technetium-99m-HMPAO, technetium-99m-ECD and iodine-123-IMP cerebral blood flow measurements with pharmacological interventions in primates,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1897–1901, 1997.
- I. Y. Hyun, J. S. Lee, J. H. Rha, I. K. Lee, C. K. Ha, and D. S. Lee, “Different uptake of Tc-ECD and Tc-HMPAO in the same brains: analysis by statistical parametric mapping,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 191–197, 2001.
- M. R. Jacquier-Sarlin, B. S. Polla, and D. O. Slosman, “Cellular basis of ECD brain retention,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1694–1697, 1996.
- H. P. Vanbilloen, B. J. Cleynhens, and A. M. Verbruggen, “Importance of the two ester functions for the brain retention of Tc-labelled ethylene dicysteine diethyl ester (Tc-ECD),” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 569–575, 1998.
- L. G. Flores, S. Jinnouchi, S. Nagamachi et al., “Retention of Tc-99m ECD in delayed SPECT of the brain,” Annals of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1–4, 1999.
- C. Tsopelas and D. Smyth, “Characterization and quality control analysis of 99mTc-bicisate,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 89–93, 2005.
- E. Mikiciuk-Olasik and I. Bilichowski, “Determination of L,L-ethylene dicysteine di-ethylester stability by RP HPLC,” Chemia Analityczna, vol. 45, no. 6, pp. 809–813, 2000.
- T. Verduyckt, D. Kieffer, D. Huyghe et al., “Identity confirmation of Tc-MAG3, Tc-Sestamibi and Tc-ECD using radio-LC-MS,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 32, no. 4-5, pp. 669–678, 2003.
- G. Gryglewicz and S. Gryglewicz, “Determination of elemental sulfur in coal by gas chromatography—mass spectrometry,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 370, no. 1, pp. 60–63, 2001.
- M. Nečemer, P. Kump, M. Rajčevič, R. Jačimović, B. Budič, and M. Ponikvar, “Determination of sulfur and chlorine in fodder by X-ray fluorescence spectral analysis and comparison with other analytical methods,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part B, vol. 58, no. 7, pp. 1367–1373, 2003.
- M. Z. Duz, A. Saydut, S. Erdogan, and C. Hamamci, “Removal of sulfur and ash from coal using molten caustic leaching, a case study from Hazro fields,Turkey,” Energy Exploration and Exploitation, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 391–400, 2009.
- H. D. Fiedler, R. Rubio, G. Rauret, and I. Casals, “Acid volatile sulfide determination in sediments using elemental analyzer with thermal conductivity detector,” Talanta, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 403–407, 1999.
- H. P. Sieper, H. J. Kupka, T. Williams et al., “A measuring system for the fast simultaneous isotope ratio and elemental analysis of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and sulfur in food commodities and other biological material,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 20, no. 17, pp. 2521–2527, 2006.
- N. F. Shimp, J. K. Kuhn, and R. J. Helfinstine, “Determination of forms of sulfur in coal,” Energy Sources, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 93–109, 1977.
- J. H. Bullock Jr., J. D. Cathcart, and W. J. Betterton, “Analytical methods utilized by the United States geological survey for the analysis of coal and coal combustion by-products,” U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, 2002.
- M. A. Belarra, M. Resano, F. Vanhaecke, and L. Moens, “Direct solid sampling with electrothermal vaporization/atomization: what for and how?” TrAC: Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 828–839, 2002.
- D. Günther and B. Hattendorf, “Solid sample analysis using laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry,” TrAC: Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 255–265, 2005.