- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 209787, 9 pages
Diagnostic Value of I-131 NP-59 SPECT/CT Scintigraphy in Patients with Subclinical or Atypical Features of Primary Aldosteronism
1Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi, and School of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 97004, Taiwan
2Division of Hematology-Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi, and School of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 97004, Taiwan
3Department of General Surgery, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 622, Taiwan
4Department of Nuclear Medicine, Chang Bing Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, Changhua County 505, Taiwan
5Department of Pathology, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 622, Taiwan
6Department of Medical Imaging, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 622, Taiwan
7Department of Nuclear Medicine, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, and School of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 97004, Taiwan
Received 30 December 2010; Accepted 15 February 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Yi-Chun Chen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Douma, K. Petidis, M. Doumas et al., “Prevalence of primary hyperaldosteronism in resistant hypertension: a retrospective observational study,” The Lancet, vol. 371, no. 9628, pp. 1921–1926, 2008.
- A. V. Chobanian, G. L. Bakris, H. R. Black et al., “Seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure,” Hypertension, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1206–1252, 2003.
- M. C. Vantyghem, N. Ronci, F. Provost et al., “Aldosterone-producing adenoma without hypertension: a report of two cases,” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 141, no. 3, pp. 279–285, 1999.
- P. F. Plouin and X. Jeunemaitre, “Would wider screening for primary aldosteronism give any health benefits?” European Journal of Endocrinology, vol. 151, no. 3, pp. 305–308, 2004.
- R. S. Vasan, J. C. Evans, M. G. Larson et al., “Serum aldosterone and the incidence of hypertension in nonhypertensive persons,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 351, no. 1, pp. 33–41, 2004.
- C. Mattsson and W. F. Young, “Primary aldosteronism: diagnostic and treatment strategies,” Nature Clinical Practice Nephrology, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 198–208, 2006.
- W. F. Young, “Minireview: primary aldosteronism—changing concepts in diagnosis and treatment,” Endocrinology, vol. 144, no. 6, pp. 2208–2213, 2003.
- P. Mulatero, R. G. Dluhy, G. Giacchetti, M. Boscaro, F. Veglio, and P. M. Stewart, “Diagnosis of primary aldosteronism: from screening to subtype differentiation,” Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 114–119, 2005.
- G. Giacchetti, P. Mulatero, F. Mantero, F. Veglio, M. Boscaro, and F. Fallo, “Primary aldosteronism, a major form of low renin hypertension: from screening to diagnosis,” Trends in Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 104–108, 2008.
- A. Ganguly, “Primary aldosteronism,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 339, no. 25, pp. 1828–1834, 1998.
- M. D. Gross, B. Shapiro, and J. E. Freitas, “Limited significance of asymmetric adrenal visualization on dexamethasone-suppression scintigraphy,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 43–48, 1985.
- A. M. Avram, L. M. Fig, and M. D. Gross, “Adrenal gland scintigraphy,” Seminars in Nuclear Medicine, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 212–227, 2006.
- G. Mariani, L. Bruselli, T. Kuwert et al., “A review on the clinical uses of SPECT/CT,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 1959–1985, 2010.
- Y. C. Chen, C. K. Wei, P. F. Chen, J. E. Tzeng, T. L. Chuang, and Y. F. Wang, “Seeking the invisible: I-131 NP-59 SPECT/CT for primary hyperaldosteronism,” Kidney International, vol. 75, no. 6, p. 663, 2009.
- Y.-C. Chen, Y.-C. Su, J.-S. Chiu, C.-K. Wei, and Y.-F. Wang, “Peritoneo-scrotal shunting diagnosed by Tc-99m DTPA SPECT/CT imaging,” Kidney International, vol. 78, no. 5, p. 523, 2010.
- R. F. Yen, V. C. Wu, K. L. Liu et al., “I-6β-iodomethyl-19-norcholesterol SPECT/CT for primary aldosteronism patients with inconclusive adrenal venous sampling and CT results,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 1631–1637, 2009.
- J. W. Funder, R. M. Carey, C. Fardella et al., “Case detection, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with primary aldosteronism: an endocrine society clinical practice guideline,” Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 3266–3281, 2008.
- S. G. Massry, J. W. Coburn, G. M. Chertow et al., “K/DOQI clinical practice guidelines for bone metabolism and disease in chronic kidney disease,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 42, no. 4, supplement 3, p. S1, 2003.
- L. Mosso, C. Carvajal, A. González et al., “Primary aldosteronism and hypertensive disease,” Hypertension, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 161–165, 2003.
- K. Oka, K. Hayashi, T. Nakazato, T. Suzawa, K. Fujiwara, and T. Saruta, “Malignant hypertension in a patient with primary aldosteronism with elevated active renin concentration,” Internal Medicine, vol. 36, no. 10, pp. 700–704, 1997.
- H. Ito, A. Sasaoka, T. Takao et al., “Aldosterone-producing adrenocortical adenoma complicated by chronic renal failure,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 541–546, 1998.
- H. Koshiyama, T. Fujisawa, N. Kuwamura et al., “A case of normoreninemic aldosterone-producing adenoma associated with chronic renal failure: case report and literature review,” Endocrine, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 221–226, 2003.
- C. W. Yang, Y. S. Kim, K. H. Yang et al., “Primary aldosteronism detected after renal transplantation,” American Journal of Nephrology, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 220–222, 1994.
- G. P. Rossi, A. C. Pessina, and A. M. Heagerty, “Primary aldosteronism: an update on screening, diagnosis and treatment,” Journal of Hypertension, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 613–621, 2008.