- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 248613, 12 pages
Relative Quantification of Several Plasma Proteins during Liver Transplantation Surgery
1HUSLAB, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
2Transplantation Laboratory and Infection Biology Research Program, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
3Transplantation and Liver Surgery Clinic, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Received 7 July 2011; Revised 26 August 2011; Accepted 18 September 2011
Academic Editor: P. J. Oefner
Copyright © 2011 Ville Parviainen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Gabay and I. Kushner, “Acute-phase proteins and other systemic responses to inflammation,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 6, pp. 448–454, 1999.
- N. L. Anderson, “The clinical plasma proteome: a survey of clinical assays for proteins in plasma and serum,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 177–185, 2010.
- N. L. Anderson and N. G. Anderson, “The human plasma proteome: history, character, and diagnostic prospects,” Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, vol. 1, no. 11, pp. 845–867, 2002.
- K. A. Stringer, N. J. Serkova, A. Karnovsky, K. Guire, R. Paine, and T. J. Standiford, “Metabolic consequences of sepsis-induced acute lung injury revealed by plasma 1H-nuclear magnetic resonance quantitative metabolomics and computational analysis,” The American Journal of Physiology—Lung Cellular and Molecular Physiology, vol. 300, no. 1, pp. L4–L11, 2011.
- R. P. Huang, “Detection of multiple proteins in an antibody-based protein microarray system,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 255, no. 1-2, pp. 1–13, 2001.
- S. F. Kingsmore and D. D. Patel, “Multiplexed protein profiling on antibody-based microarrays by rolling circle amplification,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 74–81, 2003.
- C. Schröder, A. Jacob, S. Tonack et al., “Dual-color proteomic profiling of complex samples with a microarray of 810 cancer-related antibodies,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1271–1280, 2010.
- H. Zhou, K. Bouwman, M. Schotanus et al., “Two-color, rolling-circle amplification on antibody microarrays for sensitive, multiplexed serum-protein measurements,” Genome Biology, vol. 5, no. 4, p. R28, 2004.
- C. C. Wang, R. P. Huang, M. Sommer et al., “Array-based multiplexed screening and quantitation of human cytokines and chemokines,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 337–343, 2002.
- R. Rimini, J. M. Schwenk, M. Sundberg et al., “Validation of serum protein profiles by a dual antibody array approach,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 252–266, 2009.
- S. F. Kingsmore, “Multiplexed protein measurement: technologies and applications of protein and antibody arrays,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 310–320, 2006.
- J. Burke, E. B. Butler, B. S. Teh, and B. B. Haab, “Antibody microarray profiling of human prostate cancer sera: antibody screening and identification of potential biomarkers,” Proteomics, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 56–63, 2003.
- A. Carlsson, D. M. Wuttge, J. Ingvarsson, et al., “Serum protein profiling of systemic lupus erythematosus and systemic sclerosis using recombinant antibody microarrays,” Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, vol. 10, no. 5, Article ID M110.005033, 2011.
- M. K. Han, Y. H. Oh, J. Kang et al., “Protein profiling in human sera for identification of potential lung cancer biomarkers using antibody microarray,” Proteomics, vol. 9, no. 24, pp. 5544–5552, 2009.
- J. R. Whiteaker, H. Zhang, L. Zhao et al., “Integrated pipeline for mass spectrometry-based discovery and confirmation of biomarkers demonstrated in a mouse model of breast cancer,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3962–3975, 2007.
- S. M. Hanash, S. J. Pitteri, and V. M. Faca, “Mining the plasma proteome for cancer biomarkers,” Nature, vol. 452, no. 7187, pp. 571–579, 2008.
- T. A. Addona, X. Shi, H. Keshishian, et al., “A pipeline that integrates the discovery and verification of plasma protein biomarkers reveals candidate markers for cardiovascular disease,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 635–643, 2011.
- A. N. Hoofnagle, J. O. Becker, M. H. Wener, and J. W. Heinecke, “Quantification of thyroglobulin, a low-abundance serum protein, by immunoaffinity peptide enrichment and tandem mass spectrometry,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 1796–1804, 2008.
- V. Kumar, D. R. Barnidge, L. S. Chen et al., “Quantification of serum 1–84 parathyroid hormone in patients with hyperparathyroidism by immunocapture in situ digestion liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 306–313, 2010.
- E. I. Chen, J. Hewel, B. Felding-Habermann, and J. R. Yates, “Large scale protein profiling by combination of protein fractionation and multidimensional protein identification technology (MudPIT),” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 53–56, 2006.
- M. Gstaiger and R. Aebersold, “Applying mass spectrometry-based proteomics to genetics, genomics and network biology,” Nature Reviews Genetics, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 617–627, 2009.
- P. L. Ross, Y. N. Huang, J. N. Marchese et al., “Multiplexed protein quantitation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae using amine-reactive isobaric tagging reagents,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 3, no. 12, pp. 1154–1169, 2004.
- S. Suzuki and L. H. Toledo-Pereyra, “Interleukin 1 and tumor necrosis factor production as the initial stimulants of liver ischemia and reperfusion injury,” Journal of Surgical Research, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 253–258, 1994.
- L. B. Becker, “New concepts in reactive oxygen species and cardiovascular reperfusion physiology,” Cardiovascular Research, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 461–470, 2004.
- G. S. Omenn, D. J. States, M. Adamski et al., “Overview of the HUPO Plasma Proteome Project: results from the pilot phase with 35 collaborating laboratories and multiple analytical groups, generating a core dataset of 3020 proteins and a publicly-available database,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 13, pp. 3226–3245, 2005.
- K. Björhall, T. Miliotis, and P. Davidsson, “Comparison of different depletion strategies for improved resolution in proteomic analysis of human serum samples,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 307–317, 2005.
- N. Zolotarjova, J. Martosella, G. Nicol, J. Bailey, B. E. Boyes, and W. C. Barrett, “Differences among techniques for high-abundant protein depletion,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 13, pp. 3304–3313, 2005.
- S. Y. Ow, M. Salim, J. Noirel, C. Evans, and P. C. Wright, “Minimising iTRAQ ratio compression through understanding LC-MS elution dependence and high-resolution HILIC fractionation,” Proteomics, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 2341–2346, 2011.
- A. J. Rai, C. A. Gelfand, B. C. Haywood et al., “HUPO Plasma Proteome Project specimen collection and handling: towards the standardization of parameters for plasma proteome samples,” Proteomics, vol. 5, no. 13, pp. 3262–3277, 2005.
- M. K. Tuck, D. W. Chan, D. Chia et al., “Standard operating procedures for serum and plasma collection: early detection research network consensus statement standard operating procedure integration working group,” Journal of Proteome Research, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 113–117, 2009.
- A. S. Schrohl, S. Würtz, E. Kohn et al., “Banking of biological fluids for studies of disease-associated protein biomarkers,” Molecular and Cellular Proteomics, vol. 7, no. 10, pp. 2061–2066, 2008.
- L. Anderson and J. Seilhamer, “A comparison of selected mRNA and protein abundances in human liver,” Electrophoresis, vol. 18, no. 3-4, pp. 533–537, 1997.
- S. Y. Hsieh, R. K. Chen, Y. H. Pan, and H. L. Lee, “Systematical evaluation of the effects of sample collection procedures on low-molecular-weight serum/plasma proteome profiling,” Proteomics, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 3189–3198, 2006.
- T. Koide, D. Foster, S. Yoshitake, and E. W. Davie, “Amino acid sequence of human histidine-rich glycoprotein derived from the nucleotide sequence of its cDNA,” Biochemistry, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 2220–2225, 1986.
- L. Leung, P. C. Harpel, R. L. Nachman, and E. M. Rabellino, “Histidine-rich-glycoprotein is present in human platelets and is released following thrombin stimulation,” Blood, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 1016–1021, 1983.
- T. Shigekiyo, H. Yoshida, Y. Kanagawa et al., “Histidine-rich glycoprotein (HRG) Tokushima 2: novel HRG deficiency, molecular and cellular characterization,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 675–679, 2000.
- H. R. Lijnen, M. Hoylaerts, and D. Collen, “Isolation and characterization of a human plasma protein with affinity for the lysine binding sites in plasminogen. Role in the regulation of fibrinolysis and identification as histidine-rich glycoprotein,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 255, no. 21, pp. 10214–10222, 1980.
- H. R. Lijnen, M. Hoylaerts, and D. Collen, “Heparin binding properties of human histidine-rich glycoprotein. Mechanism and role in the neutralization of heparin in plasma,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 258, no. 6, pp. 3803–3808, 1983.
- L. L. Leung, R. L. Nachman, and P. C. Harpel, “Complex formation of platelet thrombospondin with histidine-rich glycoprotein,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 5–12, 1984.
- S. C. Bock, K. L. Wion, G. A. Vehar, and R. M. Lawn, “Cloning and expression of the cDNA for human antithrombin III,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 10, no. 24, pp. 8113–8125, 1982.
- D. J. Perry and R. W. Carrell, “Molecular genetics of human antithrombin deficiency,” Human Mutation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 7–22, 1996.
- M. R. Downing, J. W. Bloom, and K. G. Mann, “Comparison of the inhibition of thrombin by three plasma protease inhibitors,” Biochemistry, vol. 17, no. 13, pp. 2649–2653, 1978.
- A. Z. Budzynski and J. R. Shainoff, “Fibrinogen and fibrin: biochemistry and pathophysiology,” Critical Reviews in Oncology and Hematology, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 97–146, 1986.
- R. Schwarzenbacher, K. Zeth, K. Diederichs et al., “Crystal structure of human β2-glycoprotein I: implications for phospholipid binding and the antiphospholipid syndrome,” EMBO Journal, vol. 18, no. 22, pp. 6228–6239, 1999.
- R. W. Mahley, “Apolipoprotein E: cholesterol transport protein with expanding role in cell biology,” Science, vol. 240, no. 4852, pp. 622–630, 1988.
- L. Sottrup-Jensen, P. B. Lonblad, T. M. Stepanik, T. E. Petersen, S. Magnusson, and H. Jornvall, “Primary structure of the 'bait' region for proteinases in alpha 2-macroglobulin. nature of the complex,” FEBS Letters, vol. 127, no. 2, pp. 167–173, 1981.
- M. Piñeiro, M. A. Alava, N. González-Ramón et al., “ITIH4 serum concentration increases during acute-phase processes in human patients and is up-regulated by interleukin-6 in hepatocarcinoma HepG2 cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 263, no. 1, pp. 224–229, 1999.
- T. Hochepied, F. G. Berger, H. Baumann, and C. Libert, “α1-acid glycoprotein: an acute phase protein with inflammatory and immunomodulating properties,” Cytokine and Growth Factor Reviews, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 25–34, 2003.