- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 252141, 10 pages
Assessment of Elastase-Induced Murine Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms: Comparison of Ultrasound Imaging with In Situ Video Microscopy
1Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University school of Medicine, CA, USA
2Department of Vascular Surgery, Stanford University school of Medicine, CA, USA
3Stanford University school of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305-5406, USA
Received 15 September 2010; Revised 1 December 2010; Accepted 20 December 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Junya Azuma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Philip S. Clifford, Srikanth R. Ella, Aaron J. Stupica, Zahra Nourian, Min Li, Luis A. Martinez-Lemus, Kim A. Dora, Yan Yang, Michael J. Davis, Ulrich Pohl, Gerald A. Meininger, and Michael A. Hill, “Spatial Distribution and Mechanical Function of Elastin in Resistance Arteries A Role in Bearing Longitudinal Stress,” Arteriosclerosis Thrombosis And Vascular Biology, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 2889–U364, 2011.
- Lars Maegdefessel, Junya Azuma, Ryuji Toh, Denis R. Merk, Alicia Deng, Jocelyn T. Chin, Uwe Raaz, Anke M. Schoelmerich, Azad Raiesdana, Nicholas J. Leeper, Michael V. McConnell, Ronald L. Dalman, Joshua M. Spin, and Philip S. Tsao, “Inhibition of microRNA-29b reduces murine abdominal aortic aneurysm development,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 122, no. 2, pp. 497–506, 2012.
- L. Maegdefessel, J. Azuma, R. Toh, A. Deng, D. R. Merk, A. Raiesdana, N. J. Leeper, U. Raaz, A. M. Schoelmerich, M. V. McConnell, R. L. Dalman, J. M. Spin, and P. S. Tsao, “MicroRNA-21 Blocks Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Development and Nicotine-Augmented Expansion,” Science Translational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 122, pp. 122ra22–122ra22, 2012.
- M. A. Bartoli, F. Kober, R. Cozzone, R. W. Thompson, M. C. Alessi, and M. Bernard, “In Vivo Assessment of Murine Elastase-induced Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with High Resolution Magnetic Resonance Imaging,” European Journal Of Vascular And Endovascular Surgery, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 475–481, 2012.
- Pierre Nguimkeu, Marie Rekkas, and Augustine Wong, “Interval Estimation of the Stress-Strength Reliability with Independent Normal Random Variables,” Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1210–1221, 2013.
- Aneesh K. Ramaswamy, Mark Hamilton, Rucha V. Joshi, Benjamin P. Kline, Rui Li, Pu Wang, and Craig J. Goergen, “Molecular Imaging of Experimental Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2013, pp. 1–18, 2013.
- Zuzanna Rowinska, Simone Gorressen, Marc W. Merx, Thomas A. Koeppel, Elisa A. Liehn, and Alma Zernecke, “Establishment of a New Murine Elastase-Induced Aneurysm Model Combined with Transplantation,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Lars Maegdefessel, Joshua M. Spin, Uwe Raaz, Suzanne M. Eken, Ryuji Toh, Junya Azuma, Matti Adam, Futoshi Nagakami, Helen M. Heymann, Ekaterina Chernugobova, Hong Jin, Joy Roy, Rebecka Hultgren, Kenneth Caidahl, Sonja Schrepfer, Anders Hamsten, Per Eriksson, Michael V. McConnell, Ronald L. Dalman, and Philip S. Tsao, “miR-24 limits aortic vascular inflammation and murine abdominal aneurysm development,” Nature Communications, vol. 5, pp. 5214, 2014.
- Bram Trachet, Rodrigo A. Fraga-Silva, Francisco J. Londono, Abigail Swillens, Nikolaos Stergiopulos, and Patrick Segers, “Performance Comparison of Ultrasound-Based Methods to Assess Aortic Diameter and Stiffness in Normal and Aneurysmal Mice,” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 5, 2015.
- Evan H. Phillips, Alexa A. Yrineo, Hilary D. Schroeder, Katherine E. Wilson, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Craig J. Goergen, “ Morphological and Biomechanical Differences in the Elastase and AngII apoE −/− Rodent Models of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms ,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–12, 2015.