- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 298348, 9 pages
KIR/HLA Interactions and Pathogen Immunity
Department of Hepatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London W2 1PG, UK
Received 10 January 2011; Accepted 14 March 2011
Academic Editor: Roberto Biassoni
Copyright © 2011 Khaleel M. Jamil and Salim I. Khakoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [26 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David La, Chris Czarnecki, Hani El-Gabalawy, Anand Kumar, Adrienne F. A. Meyers, Nathalie Bastien, J. Neil Simonsen, Francis A. Plummer, and Ma Luo, “Enrichment of Variations in KIR3DL1/S1 and KIR2DL2/L3 among H1N1/09 ICU Patients: An Exploratory Study,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 12, 2011.
- Roberto Biassoni, John E. Coligan, and Lorenzo Moretta, “Natural Killer Cells in Healthy and Diseased Subjects,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–4, 2011.
- Lena Fadda, Christian Koerner, Swati Kumar, Nienke H. Van Teijlingen, Alicja Piechocka-Trocha, Mary Carrington, and Marcus Altfeld, “HLA-Cw*0102-Restricted HIV-1 p24 Epitope Variants Can Modulate the Binding of the Inhibitory KIR2DL2 Receptor and Primary NK Cell Function,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 7, 2012.
- G. Kaur, J. Trowsdale, and L. Fugger, “Natural killer cells and their receptors in multiple sclerosis,” Brain, 2012.
- Jacquita S. Affandi, Zayd K.A. Aghafar, Benigno Rodriguez, Michael M. Lederman, Sally Burrows, David Senitzer, and Patricia Price, “Can immune-related genotypes illuminate the immunopathogenesis of cytomegalovirus disease in human immunodeficiency virus–infected patients?,” Human Immunology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 168–174, 2012.
- M. Z. K. A. Aghafar, C. Witt, A. Kamarulzaman, R. Ismail, M. M. Lederman, B. Rodriguez, D. Senitzer, S. Lee, and P. Price, “Genetic variations in loci relevant to natural killer cell function are affected by ethnicity but are generally not correlated with susceptibility to HIV-1,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 367–371, 2012.
- Aleksandar Petlichkovski, Zvonko Milenkovic, Eli Djulejic, Bisera Jefremovska, Haris Babacic, Ljubomir Ivanovski, Irena Kondova Topuzovska, Katerina Spasovska, and Mirko Spiroski, “Association of killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptor genes with pandemic influenza a (H1N1)pdm09 infection in critically ill Macedonian patients,” Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 288–295, 2012.
- Inge Langers, Virginie M Renoux, Marc Thiry, Philippe Delvenne, and Nathalie Jacobs, “Natural killer cells: role in local tumor growth and metastasis.,” Biologics : targets & therapy, vol. 6, pp. 73–82, 2012.
- Christian Körner, and Marcus Altfeld, “Role of KIR3DS1 in human diseases,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Raghavan Sampathkumar, Elnaz Shadabi, and Ma Luo, “Interplay between HIV-1 and Host Genetic Variation: A Snapshot into Its Impact on AIDS and Therapy Response,” Advances in Virology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Yongjun Jiang, Ou Chen, Chen Cui, Bin Zhao, Xiaoxu Han, Zining Zhang, Jing Liu, Junjie Xu, Qinghai Hu, Christina Liao, and Hong Shang, “KIR3DS1/L1 and HLA-Bw4-80I are associated with HIV disease progression among HIV typical progressors and long-term nonprogressors,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- Meike Hermes, Christina Albrecht, Annette Schrod, Markus Brameier, and Lutz Walter, “Expression Patterns of Killer Cell Immunoglobulin-Like Receptors (KIR) of NK-Cell and T-Cell Subsets in Old World Monkeys,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 5, 2013.
- Alba Grifoni, Carla Montesano, Paolo Palma, Alfredo Salerno, Vittorio Colizzi, and Massimo Amicosante, “Role of HLA-B α-3 domain amino acid position 194 in HIV disease progression,” Molecular Immunology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 410–413, 2013.
- Louise Y. C. Takeshita, Faviel F. Gonzalez-Galarza, Eduardo J. M. dos Santos, Maria Helena T. Maia, Mushome M. Rahman, Syed M. S. Zain, Derek Middleton, and Andrew R. Jones, “A database for curating the associations between killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors and diseases in worldwide populations,” Database-The Journal of Biological Databases and Curation, 2013.
- Isabel Legaz, María R. López-Álvarez, José A. Campillo, María R. Moya-Quiles, José M. Bolarín, Jesus de la Peña, Gema Salgado, Lourdes Gimeno, Ana M. García-Alonso, Manuel Muro, Manuel Miras, Clara Alonso, María R. Álvarez-López, and Alfredo Minguela, “KIR Gene Mismatching and KIR/C Ligands in Liver Transplantation,” Transplantation Journal, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 1037–1044, 2013.
- Mara Biasin, Mariacristina De Luca, Federica Gnudi, and Mario Clerici, “The genetic basis of resistance to HIV infection and disease progression,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 319–334, 2013.
- R. Celerino da Silva, E. Bedin, A. Mangano, P. Aulicino, A. Pontillo, L. Brandão, R. Guimarães, L.C. Arraes, L. Sen, and S. Crovella, “HIV mother-to-child transmission: A complex genetic puzzle tackled by Brazil and Argentina research teams,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2013.
- Elisabetta Cariani, and Gabriele Missale, “KIR/HLA immunogenetic background influences the evolution of hepatocellular carcinoma,” OncoImmunology, vol. 2, no. 12, pp. e26622, 2013.
- Jessica Prince, Alyssa Lundgren, Michael D. Stadnisky, William T. Nash, Amira Beeber, Stephen D. Turner, and Michael G. Brown, “Multiparametric Analysis of Host Response to Murine Cytomegalovirus in MHC Class I-Disparate Mice Reveals Primacy of D-k-Licensed Ly49G(2)(+) NK Cells in Viral Control,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 191, no. 9, pp. 4709–4719, 2013.
- Can Kesmir, and Rob J. de Boer, “Virus Encoded MHC-Like Decoys Diversify the Inhibitory KIR Repertoire,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 10, 2013.
- Elisabetta Cariani, Massimo Pilli, Alessandro Zerbini, Cristina Rota, Andrea Olivani, Paola Zanelli, Adele Zanetti, Tommaso Trenti, Carlo Ferrari, and Gabriele Missale, “HLA and Killer Immunoglobulin-like Receptor Genes as Outcome Predictors of Hepatitis C Virus-Related Hepatocellular Carcinoma,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 19, no. 19, pp. 5465–5473, 2013.
- William T. Nash, Jeffrey Teoh, Hairong Wei, Awndre Gamache, and Michael G. Brown, “Know Thyself: NK-Cell Inhibitory Receptors Prompt Self-Tolerance, Education, and Viral Control,” Frontiers in Immunology, vol. 5, 2014.
- Awad E. Osman, Mohamed Mubasher, Nezar E. ElSheikh, Hanan AlHarthi, Ahmed S. Al Yami, Raja Rajalingam, Abdulwahid Al-Dehaimi, Derek Middleton, and Gehad ElGhazali, “Characterization of human killer immunoglobulin-like receptors (KIRs) among healthy Saudis,” Human Immunology, 2014.
- Stefan Blum, Peter Csurhes, Stephen Reddel, Judy Spies, and Pamela McCombe, “Killer immunoglobulin-like receptor and their HLA ligands in Guillain–Barré Syndrome,” Journal of Neuroimmunology, vol. 267, no. 1-2, pp. 92–96, 2014.
- D. van Duin, R. K. Avery, S. Hemachandra, B. Yen-Lieberman, A. Zhang, A. Jain, R. S. Butler, J. Barnard, J. D. Schold, J. Fung, and M. Askar, “KIR and HLA Interactions Are Associated With Control of Primary CMV Infection in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients,” American Journal of Transplantation, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 156–162, 2014.
- Octavio A. Gonzalez, Michael J. Novak, Sreenatha Kirakodu, Luis Orraca, Kuey-Chu Chen, Arny Stromberg, Janis Gonzalez-Martinez, and Jeffrey L. Ebersole, “Comparative analysis of gingival tissue antigen presentation pathways in ageing and periodontitis,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, 2014.