- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 298348, 9 pages
KIR/HLA Interactions and Pathogen Immunity
Department of Hepatology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, London W2 1PG, UK
Received 10 January 2011; Accepted 14 March 2011
Academic Editor: Roberto Biassoni
Copyright © 2011 Khaleel M. Jamil and Salim I. Khakoo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David La, Chris Czarnecki, Hani El-Gabalawy, Anand Kumar, Adrienne F. A. Meyers, Nathalie Bastien, J. Neil Simonsen, Francis A. Plummer, and Ma Luo, “Enrichment of Variations in KIR3DL1/S1 and KIR2DL2/L3 among H1N1/09 ICU Pat ients: An Exploratory Study,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 12, 2011.
- Roberto Biassoni, John E. Coligan, and Lorenzo Moretta, “Natural Killer Cells in Healthy and Diseased Subjects,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–4, 2011.
- Lena Fadda, Christian Koerner, Swati Kumar, Nienke H. Van Teijlingen, Alicja Piechocka-Trocha, Mary Carrington, and Marcus Altfeld, “HLA-Cw*0102-Restricted HIV-1 p24 Epitope Variants Can Modulate the Binding of the Inhibitory KIR2DL2 Receptor and Primary NK Cell Function,” Plos Pathogens, vol. 8, no. 7, 2012.
- G. Kaur, J. Trowsdale, and L. Fugger, “Natural killer cells and their receptors in multiple sclerosis,” Brain, 2012.
- Jacquita S. Affandi, Zayd K.A. Aghafar, Benigno Rodriguez, Michael M. Lederman, Sally Burrows, David Senitzer, and Patricia Price, “Can immune-related genotypes illuminate the immunopathogenesis of cytomegalovirus disease in human immunodeficiency virus–infected patients?,” Human Immunology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 168–174, 2012.
- M. Z. K. A. Aghafar, C. Witt, A. Kamarulzaman, R. Ismail, M. M. Lederman, B. Rodriguez, D. Senitzer, S. Lee, and P. Price, “Genetic variations in loci relevant to natural killer cell function are affected by ethnicity but are generally not correlated with susceptibility to HIV-1,” Tissue Antigens, vol. 79, no. 5, pp. 367–371, 2012.
- Raghavan Sampathkumar, Elnaz Shadabi, and Ma Luo, “Interplay between HIV-1 and Host Genetic Variation: A Snapshot into Its Impact on AIDS and Therapy Response,” Advances in Virology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–16, 2012.
- Mara Biasin, Mariacristina De Luca, Federica Gnudi, and Mario Clerici, “The genetic basis of resistance to HIV infection and disease progression,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 319–334, 2013.
- Isabel Legaz, María R. López-Álvarez, José A. Campillo, María R. Moya-Quiles, José M. Bolarín, Jesus de la Peña, Gema Salgado, Lourdes Gimeno, Ana M. García-Alonso, Manuel Muro, Manuel Miras, Clara Alonso, María R. Álvarez-López, and Alfredo Minguela, “KIR Gene Mismatching and KIR/C Ligands in Liver Transplantation,” Transplantation Journal, vol. 95, no. 8, pp. 1037–1044, 2013.
- R. Celerino da Silva, E. Bedin, A. Mangano, P. Aulicino, A. Pontillo, L. Brandão, R. Guimarães, L.C. Arraes, L. Sen, and S. Crovella, “HIV mother-to-child transmission: A complex genetic puzzle tackled by Brazil and Argentina research teams,” Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 2013.