- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 305086, 7 pages
Consumption of Hydrogen Water Reduces Paraquat-Induced Acute Lung Injury in Rats
1Department of Diving Medicine, Faculty of Naval Medicine, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, China
2Divers Alert Network, Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Environmental Physiology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Received 3 September 2010; Accepted 9 January 2011
Academic Editor: Albert Zomaya
Copyright © 2011 Shulin Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hong-Guang Chen, Ke-Liang Xie, and Huan-Zhi Han, “The mechanisms for the lung tissue protective effects of hydregen: Recent progress in mice study,” Chinese Critical Care Medicine, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 696–698, 2011.
- Yi Huang, Lina Zheng, Jipeng Li, Hongguang Chen, Huanzhi Han, Lichao Hou, Gu Gong, Guolin Wang, Keliang Xie, and Yonghao Yu, “Molecular Hydrogen Ameliorates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury In Mice Through Reducing Inflammation And Apoptosis,” Shock, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 548–555, 2012.
- Qijiang Jin, Kaikai Zhu, Weiti Cui, Yanjie Xie, Bin Han, and Wenbiao Shen, “Hydrogen gas acts as a novel bioactive molecule in enhancing plant tolerance to paraquat-induced oxidative stress via the modulation of heme oxygenase-1 signalling system,” Plant, Cell & Environment, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 956–969, 2012.
- Ya-Wen Chen, Yuan-Ting Yang, Dong-Zong Hung, Chin-Chuan Su, and Kuo-Liang Chen, “Paraquat induces lung alveolar epithelial cell apoptosis via Nrf-2-regulated mitochondrial dysfunction and ER stress,” Archives of Toxicology, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 1547–1558, 2012.
- Kinji Ohno, Mikako Ito, Masatoshi Ichihara, and Masafumi Ito, “Molecular Hydrogen as an Emerging Therapeutic Medical Gas for Neurodegenerative and Other Diseases,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- Sheng Xu, Susong Zhu, Yilong Jiang, Ning Wang, Ren Wang, Wenbiao Shen, and Jie Yang, “Hydrogen-rich water alleviates salt stress in rice during seed germination,” Plant and Soil, 2013.
- Junyan Han, Zongju Zhang, Shaobin Yang, Xuelian Yang, and Dehong Tan, “Betanin attenuates paraquat-induced liver toxicity through a mitochondrial pathway,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2014.
- Namitosh Tyagi, Asha Kumari, D. Dash, and Rashmi Singh, “Protective effects of intranasal curcumin on paraquot induced acute lung injury (ALI) in mice,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2014.