- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 342637, 23 pages
Animal Models of Colitis-Associated Carcinogenesis
1Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
2Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
3Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Received 27 September 2010; Revised 8 December 2010; Accepted 10 December 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Manasa Kanneganti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chun-Chuan Chen, Victoria Llado, Katrin Eurich, Hoa T. Tran, and Emiko Mizoguchi, “Carbohydrate-binding motif in chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1/YKL-40) specifically activates Akt signaling pathway in colonic epithelial cells,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 268–275, 2011.
- Nancy M Benight, and Susan E Waltz, “Ron receptor tyrosine kinase signaling as a therapeutic target,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 921–931, 2012.
- O. Boulard, S. Kirchberger, D. J. Royston, K. J. Maloy, and F. M. Powrie, “Identification of a genetic locus controlling bacteria-driven colitis and associated cancer through effects on innate inflammation,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 209, no. 7, pp. 1309–1324, 2012.
- L. Hartnett, and L. J. Egan, “Inflammation, DNA methylation and colitis-associated cancer,” Carcinogenesis, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 723–731, 2012.
- Martina Perše, and Anton Cerar, “Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Osamu Kanauchi, Keiichi Mitsuyama, and Akira Andoh, “The new prophylactic strategy for colitic cancer in inflammatory bowel disease by modulating microbiota,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 387–400, 2013.
- Y. Yang, Y. Gao, X. Li, M. Yang, Q. Zhao, X. Liu, G. Wang, X. Lu, Q. Wu, J. Wu, Y. Yang, and Y. Zhang, “Colitis-accelerated colorectal cancer and metabolic dysregulation in a mouse model,” Carcinogenesis, 2013.