- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 342637, 23 pages
Animal Models of Colitis-Associated Carcinogenesis
1Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
2Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
3Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, GRJ 702, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Received 27 September 2010; Revised 8 December 2010; Accepted 10 December 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Manasa Kanneganti et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Chun-Chuan Chen, Victoria Llado, Katrin Eurich, Hoa T. Tran, and Emiko Mizoguchi, “Carbohydrate-binding motif in chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1/YKL-40) specifically activates Akt signaling pathway in colonic epithelial cells,” Clinical Immunology, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 268–275, 2011.
- Nancy M Benight, and Susan E Waltz, “Ron receptor tyrosine kinase signaling as a therapeutic target,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Targets, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 921–931, 2012.
- O. Boulard, S. Kirchberger, D. J. Royston, K. J. Maloy, and F. M. Powrie, “Identification of a genetic locus controlling bacteria-driven colitis and associated cancer through effects on innate inflammation,” Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 209, no. 7, pp. 1309–1324, 2012.
- L. Hartnett, and L. J. Egan, “Inflammation, DNA methylation and colitis-associated cancer,” Carcinogenesis, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 723–731, 2012.
- Martina Perše, and Anton Cerar, “Dextran Sodium Sulphate Colitis Mouse Model: Traps and Tricks,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Ameet I Thaker, Anisa Shaker, M Suprada Rao, and Matthew A Ciorba, “Modeling colitis-associated cancer with azoxymethane (AOM) and dextran sulfate sodium (DSS).,” Journal of visualized experiments : JoVE, no. 67, 2012.
- Osamu Kanauchi, Keiichi Mitsuyama, and Akira Andoh, “The new prophylactic strategy for colitic cancer in inflammatory bowel disease by modulating microbiota,” Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 387–400, 2013.
- Y. Yang, Y. Gao, X. Li, M. Yang, Q. Zhao, X. Liu, G. Wang, X. Lu, Q. Wu, J. Wu, Y. Yang, and Y. Zhang, “Colitis-accelerated colorectal cancer and metabolic dysregulation in a mouse model,” Carcinogenesis, 2013.
- Mark W. Zimmerman, Gregg E. Homanics, and John S. Lazo, “Targeted Deletion of the Metastasis-Associated Phosphatase Ptp4a3 (PRL-3) Suppresses Murine Colon Cancer,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Xiaofeng Ding, Zheng Wei, Xiang Hu, Shuanglin Xiang, Jian Zhang, Fangliang Zhou, Fangmei Wang, Zijian Yang, Chang Zhou, Jianlin Zhou, Bo Zhang, Junmei Yang, and Guangwei Wang, “Eps8 promotes cellular growth of human malignant gliomas,” Oncology Reports, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 697–703, 2013.
- Audrey Seamons, Piper M. Treuting, Thea Brabb, and Lillian Maggio-Price, “Characterization of Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Inflammation and Colonic Tumorigenesis in Smad3(-/-) Mice with Dysregulated TGF beta,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- A. Soltesova, “Effects of probiotics and prebiotics in ulcerative colitis,” Bratislava Medical Journal-Bratislavske Lekarske Listy, vol. 114, no. 9, pp. 540–543, 2013.
- I. -A. Lee, E. Mizoguchi, and A. Kamba, “Potential Association Between TLR4 and Chitinase 3-Like 1 (CHI3L1/YKL-40) Signaling on Colonic Epithelial Cells in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Colitis-Associated Cancer,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 1110–1121, 2013.
- Xin Li, Yuyan Gao, Ming Yang, Qi Zhao, Guangyu Wang, Yan Mei Yang, Yue Yang, Hui Liu, and Yanqiao Zhang, “Identification of Gene Expression Changes from Colitis to CRC in the Mouse CAC Model,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.
- In-Ah Lee, Alan Kamba, Daren Low, and Emiko Mizoguchi, “Novel methylxanthine derivative-mediated anti-inflammatory effects in inflammatory bowel disease,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1127–1138, 2014.
- Luigia De Fazio, Elena Cavazza, Enzo Spisni, Antonio Strillacci, Manuela Centanni, Marco Candela, Chiara Pratico, Massimo Campieri, Chiara Ricci, and Maria Chiara Valerii, “Longitudinal analysis of inflammation and microbiota dynamics in a model of mild chronic dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 2051–2061, 2014.
- Qiang Wang, Peng Sun, Guijie Li, Kai Zhu, Cun Wang, and Xin Zhao, “Inhibitory effects of Dendrobium candidum Wall ex Lindl. on azoxymethane- and dextran sulfate sodium-induced colon carcinogenesis in C57BL/ 6 mice,” Oncology Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 493–498, 2014.
- Glauben Landskron, Marjorie De la Fuente, Peti Thuwajit, Chanitra Thuwajit, and Marcela A. Hermoso, “Chronic Inflammation and Cytokines in the Tumor Microenvironment,” Journal of Immunology Research, vol. 2014, pp. 1–19, 2014.