- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 352736, 21 pages
A New Microarray System to Detect Streptococcus pneumoniae Serotypes
1Department of Infectious Disease, Nagoya University Hospital, 65 Tsurumai-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan
2Department of Bacteriology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan
3Center of National University Hospital for Infection Control, Nagoya University Hospital, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan
4Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8550, Japan
Received 29 July 2010; Revised 10 December 2010; Accepted 18 January 2011
Academic Editor: Frederick D. Quinn
Copyright © 2011 Yuka Tomita et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lotta Siira, Tarja Kaijalainen, Lotte Lambertsen, Moon H. Nahm, Maija Toropainen, and Anni Virolainen, “From Quellung to Multiplex PCR, and Back When Needed, in Pneumococcal Serot yping,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 2727–2731, 2012.
- Marcus H. Leung, Kevin Bryson, Kathrin Freystatter, Bruno Pichon, Giles Edwards, Bambos M. Charalambous, and Stephen H. Gillespie, “Sequetyping: Serotyping Streptococcus pneumoniae by a Single PCR Sequencing Strategy,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 2419–2427, 2012.
- E. Donatin, and M. Drancourt, “DNA microarrays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases,” Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 453–459, 2012.
- Nancy Boucher, Robin Allary, Lynda Robitaille, Brigitte Lefebvre, Cecile Tremblay, Jacques Corbeil, and Alain Gervaix, “Serotyping of Streptococcus pneumoniae Based on Capsular Genes Polymorphism s,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Paul Turner, Anni Virolainen-Julkunen, Peter V. Adrian, Martin Antonio, Kim M. Hare, Ana Maria Henao-Restrepo, Amanda J. Leach, Keith P. Klugman, Barbara D. Porter, Raquel Sa-Leao, J. Anthony Scott, Hanna Nohynek, and Katherine L. O'Brien, “Standard method for detecting upper respiratory carriage of Streptococcus p neumoniae: Updated recommendations from the World Health Organization Pneum ococcal Carriage Working Group,” Vaccine, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 165–179, 2013.
- James John, Sangeetha Gopalkrishnan, Mohammed Ali M. Marie, and K. Lakshmana Gowda, “Historical development of typing methods for Streptococcus pneumoniae,” Reviews in Medical Microbiology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 27–33, 2014.
- Veranja Liyanapathirana, Irene Ang, Dominic Tsang, Kitty Fung, Tak Keung Ng, and Haokui Zhou, “Application of a target enrichment-based next-generation sequencing protoco l for identification and sequence-based prediction of pneumococcal serotype s,” Bmc Microbiology, vol. 14, 2014.