- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 359042, 6 pages
Improving Antigenicity of the Recombinant Hepatitis C Virus Core Protein via Random Mutagenesis
1Department of Biological Science and Technology, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 30010, Taiwan
2Department of Marine Biotechnology, National Kaohsiung Marine University, Kaohsiung 81143, Taiwan
Received 14 March 2011; Accepted 10 May 2011
Academic Editor: Shahid Jameel
Copyright © 2011 Chen-Ji Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Mori, K. Moriishi, and Y. Matsuura, “Hepatitis C virus core protein: its coordinate roles with PA28γ in metabolic abnormality and carcinogenicity in the liver,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 40, no. 8, pp. 1437–1442, 2008.
- M. A. Feitelson, Hepatitis C Virus: From Laboratory to Clinic, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2004.
- J. Czepiel, G. Biesiada, and T. Mach, “Viral hepatitis C,” Polskie Archiwum Medycyny Wewnetrznej, vol. 118, no. 12, pp. 734–740, 2008.
- K. Oka, M. Nagano-Fujii, I. Yoshida et al., “Hepatitis C virus core protein selectively inhibits synthesis and accumulation of p21/Waf1 and certain nuclear proteins,” Microbiology and Immunology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 429–438, 2003.
- D. Moradpour, F. Penin, and C. M. Rice, “Replication of hepatitis C virus,” Nature Reviews Microbiology, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 453–463, 2007.
- F. Penin, J. Dubuisson, F. A. Rey, D. Moradpour, and J. M. Pawlotsky, “Structural biology of hepatitis C virus,” Hepatology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 5–19, 2004.
- F. Ferrer, M. J. Candela, C. Garcia, L. Martinez, J. Rivera, and V. Vicente, “A comparative study of two third-generation anti-hepatitis C virus ELISAs,” Haematologica, vol. 82, no. 6, pp. 690–691, 1997.
- P. Martin, F. Fabrizi, V. Dixit et al., “Automated RIBA hepatitis C virus (HCV) strip immunoblot assay for reproducible HCV diagnosis,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 387–390, 1998.
- S. R. Lee, J. Peterson, P. Niven et al., “Efficacy of a hepatitis C virus core antigen enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the identification of 'window-phase' blood donations,” Vox Sanguinis, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 19–23, 2002.
- L. S. Ai, Y. W. Lee, and S. S. L. Chen, “Characterization of hepatitis C virus core protein multimerization and membrane envelopment: revelation of a cascade of core-membrane interactions,” Journal of Virology, vol. 83, no. 19, pp. 9923–9939, 2009.
- M. Esumi, N. Hayashi, H. Takahashi et al., “Immunoreactive core peptides of hepatitis C virus produced in Escherichia coli and in vitro DNA amplification-restricted transcription-translation system,” Journal of Virological Methods, vol. 59, no. 1-2, pp. 91–98, 1996.
- S. Boulant, M. Becchi, F. Penin, and J. P. Lavergne, “Unusual multiple recoding events leading to alternative forms of hepatitis C virus core protein from genotype 1b,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 278, no. 46, pp. 45785–45792, 2003.
- D. Y. Chien, Q. L. Choo, A. Tabrizi et al., “Diagnosis of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection using an immunodominant chimeric polyprotein to capture circulating antibodies: reevaluation of the role of HCV in liver disease,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 89, no. 21, pp. 10011–10015, 1992.
- L. R. You, C. M. Chen, T. S. Yeh et al., “Hepatitis C virus core protein interacts with cellular putative RNA helicase,” Journal of Virology, vol. 73, no. 4, pp. 2841–2853, 1999.
- P. J. Chen, M. H. Lin, K. F. Tai, P. C. Liu, C. J. Lin, and D. S. Chen, “The Taiwanese hepatitis C virus genome: sequence determination and mapping the 5' termini of viral genomic and antigenomic RNA,” Virology, vol. 188, no. 1, pp. 102–113, 1992.
- A. W. Burgess, P. K. Ponnuswamy, and H. A. Sheraga, “Analysis of conformations of amino acid residues and prediction of backbone topography in proteins,” Israel Journal of Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 239–286, 1974.
- S. K. Lee, G. A. Pestano, J. Riley et al., “A single point mutation in HIV-1 V3 loop alters the immunogenic properties of rgp120,” Archives of Virology, vol. 145, no. 10, pp. 2087–2103, 2000.