- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 394730, 5 pages
Rabbit Model of Retinoblastoma
L.F. Montgomery Ophthalmic Pathology Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, Emory Eye Center, Emory University School of Medicine, 1365-B Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Received 14 September 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Shin Jeong Kang and Hans E. Grossniklaus. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. L. Wong, J. D. Boice Jr., D. H. Abramson et al., “Cancer incidence after retinoblastoma: radiation dose and sarcoma risk,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 278, no. 15, pp. 1262–1267, 1997.
- D. H. Abramson and C. M. Frank, “Second nonocular tumors in survivors of bilateral retinoblastoma: a possible age effect on radiation-related risk,” Ophthalmology, vol. 105, no. 4, pp. 573–580, 1998.
- G. J. Draper, B. M. Sander, and J. E. Kingston, “Second primary neoplasms in patients with retinoblastoma,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 661–671, 1986.
- L. B. Travis, E. J. Holowaty, K. Bergfeldt et al., “Risk of leukemia after platinum-based chemotherapy for ovarian cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 5, pp. 351–357, 1999.
- M. A. Smith, L. Rubinstein, J. R. Anderson et al., “Secondary leukemia or myelodysplastic syndrome after treatment with epipodophyllotoxins,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 569–577, 1999.
- J. H. Gerlach, N. Kartner, D. R. Bell, and V. Ling, “Multidrug resistance,” Cancer Surveys, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 25–46, 1986.
- D. H. Abramson, C. M. Frank, and I. J. Dunkel, “A phase I/II study of subconjunctival carboplatin for intraocular retinoblastoma,” Ophthalmology, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 1947–1950, 1999.
- I. Schmack, G. B. Hubbard, S. J. Kang, T. M. Aaberg, and H. E. Grossniklaus, “Ischemic necrosis and atrophy of the optic nerve after periocular carboplatin injection for intraocular retinoblastoma,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 142, no. 2, pp. 310–e2, 2006.
- J. J. Windle, D. M. Albert, J. M. O'Brien et al., “Retinoblastoma in transgenic mice,” Nature, vol. 343, no. 6259, pp. 665–669, 1990.
- P. L. Blanco, J. C. A. Marshall, E. Antecka et al., “Characterization of ocular and metastatic uveal melanoma in an animal model,” Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science, vol. 46, no. 12, pp. 4376–4382, 2005.
- P. Chevez-Barrios, M. Y. Hurwitz, K. Louie et al., “Metastatic and nonmetastatic models of retinoblastoma,” American Journal of Pathology, vol. 157, no. 4, pp. 1405–1412, 2000.
- M. W. Wilson, C. Rodriguez-Galindo, B. G. Haik, D. M. Moshfeghi, T. E. Merchant, and C. B. Pratt, “Multiagent chemotherapy as neoadjuvant treatment for multifocal intraocular retinoblastoma,” Ophthalmology, vol. 108, no. 11, pp. 2106–2114, 2001.
- D. L. Friedman, B. Himelstein, C. L. Shields et al., “Chemoreduction and local ophthalmic therapy for intraocular retinoblastoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 12–17, 2000.
- C. Rodriguez-Galindo, M. W. Wilson, B. G. Haik et al., “Treatment of intraocular retinoblastoma with vincristine and carboplatin,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 2019–2025, 2003.
- L. White, C. Reed, and V. Tobias, “Comparison of cyclophosphamide and diaziquone in a retinoblastoma xenograft model,” Ophthalmic Paediatrics and Genetics, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 99–105, 1989.
- D. Chen, S. Pajovic, A. Duckett, V. D. Brown, J. A. Squire, and B. L. Gallie, “Genomic amplification in retinoblastoma narrowed to 0.6 megabase on chromosome 6p containing a kinesin-like gene, RBKIN,” Cancer Research, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 967–971, 2002.
- J. A. Mietz, T. Unger, J. M. Huibregtse, and P. M. Howley, “The transcriptional transactivation function of wild-type p53 is inhibited by SV40 large T-antigen and by HPV-16 E6 oncoprotein,” The EMBO Journal, vol. 11, no. 13, pp. 5013–5020, 1992.
- D. Chen, I. Livne-bar, J. L. Vanderluit, R. S. Slack, M. Agochiya, and R. Bremner, “Cell-specific effects of RB or RB/p107 loss on retinal development implicate an intrinsically death-resistant cell-of-origin in retinoblastoma,” Cancer Cell, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 539–551, 2004.
- J. Zhang, B. Schweers, and M. A. Dyer, “The first knockout mouse model of retinoblastoma,” Cell Cycle, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 952–959, 2004.
- D. MacPherson, J. Sage, T. Kim, D. Ho, M. E. McLaughlin, and T. Jacks, “Cell type-specific effects of Rb deletion in the murine retina,” Genes and Development, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 1681–1694, 2004.