- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 407031, 15 pages
Dysfunction of Lacrimal and Salivary Glands in Sjögren's Syndrome: Nonimmunologic Injury in Preinflammatory Phase and Mouse Model
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, 1677-1, Yoshida, Yamaguchi 753-8515, Japan
Received 13 October 2010; Revised 8 February 2011; Accepted 8 March 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Toshiharu Hayashi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [16 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Seshagiri-Rao Nandula, Paromita Dey, Kathryn L. Corbin, Craig S. Nunemaker, Harini Bagavant, and Umesh S. Deshmukh, “Salivary gland hypofunction induced by activation of innate immunity is dependent on type I interferon signaling,” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 66–72, 2012.
- Ms Soyfoo, N Bolaky, I Depoortere, and C Delporte, “Relationship between aquaporin-5 expression and saliva flow in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice?,” Oral Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 501–505, 2012.
- T Fukushima, T Nashida, M Haga-Tsujimura, and I Mataga, “Chitinase expression in parotid glands of non-obese diabetic mice,” Oral Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 506–512, 2012.
- John L. Bradley, Clara S. Edwards, and Roderick J. Fullard, “Adaptation of Impression Cytology to Enable Conjunctival Surface Cell Transcriptome Analysis,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Kathleen Rodgers, J. Andrew MacKay, Sarah F. Hamm-Alvarez, Mihir Shah, Maria C. Edman, Srikanth R. Janga, Pu Shi, Jugal Dhandhukia, Siyu Liu, and Stan G. Louie, “A rapamycin-binding protein polymer nanoparticle shows potent therapeutic activity in suppressing autoimmune dacryoadenitis in a mouse model of Sjögren’s syndrome,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2013.
- Anna P. Risselada, Marjolein F. Looije, Aike A. Kruize, Johannes W.J. Bijlsma, and Joel A.G. Van Roon, “The Role of Ectopic Germinal Centers in the Immunopathology of Primary Sjögren's Syndrome: A Systematic Review,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 368–376, 2013.
- Stefanie Czerwinski, Safinaz Mostafa, Vanessa Seamon Rowan, and Ana Maria Azzarolo, “Time course of cytokine upregulation in the lacrimal gland and presence of autoantibodies in a predisposed mouse model of Sjögren's Syndrome: The influence of sex hormones and genetic background,” Experimental Eye Research, 2014.
- Y Seo, Y W Ji, S M Lee, J Shim, H Noh, A Yeo, C Park, M S Park, E J Chang, and H K Lee, “Activation of HIF-1α (hypoxia inducible factor-1α) prevents dry eye-induced acinar cell death in the lacrimal gland,” Cell Death and Disease, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. e1309, 2014.
- Pulukool Sandhya, and Debashish Danda, “Role of vacuolar ATPase and Skp1 in Sjögren’s syndrome,” Medical Hypotheses, 2014.
- Clio P. Mavragani, and Haralampos M. Moutsopoulos, “Sjögren's Syndrome,” Annual Review of Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 273–285, 2014.
- Helen P. Makarenkova, and Darlene A. Dartt, “Myoepithelial Cells: Their Origin and Function in Lacrimal Gland Morphogenesis, Homeostasis, and Repair,” Current Molecular Biology Reports, 2015.
- Alireza Monsef Esfahani, Soussan Irani, Shahram Sabeti, and Farahnaz Bidari Zerehpoush, “The Possible Role of Helicobacter pylori in the Development of Sjogren's Syndrome and Chronic Sialadenitis,” Avicenna Journal of Dental Research, vol. 7, no. 1, 2015.
- Takeshi Umazume, William M. Thomas, Sabrina Campbell, Hema Aluri, Suharika Thotakura, Driss Zoukhri, and Helen P. Makarenkova, “Lacrimal Gland Inflammation Deregulates Extracellular Matrix Remodeling and Alters Molecular Signature of Epithelial Stem/Progenitor Cells,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 56, no. 13, pp. 8392–8402, 2015.
- Cintia S. de Paiva, and Eduardo Melani Rocha, “Sjögren syndrome,” Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 517–525, 2015.
- Rachel E. Mellas, Noel J. Leigh, Joel W. Nelson, Andrew D. McCall, and Olga J. Baker, “Zonula Occludens-1, Occludin and E-cadherin Expression and Organization in Salivary Glands with Sjogren's Syndrome,” Journal Of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 45–56, 2015.
- Ji Hwan Min, Chul Hee Lee, Yong Woo Ji, Areum Yeo, Hyemi Noh, Insil Song, Eung Kweon Kim, and Hyung Keun Lee, “Activation of Dll4/Notch Signaling and Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1 Alpha Facilitates Lymphangiogenesis in Lacrimal Glands in Dry Eye,” Plos One, vol. 11, no. 2, 2016.