- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 407031, 15 pages
Dysfunction of Lacrimal and Salivary Glands in Sjögren's Syndrome: Nonimmunologic Injury in Preinflammatory Phase and Mouse Model
Laboratory of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, 1677-1, Yoshida, Yamaguchi 753-8515, Japan
Received 13 October 2010; Revised 8 February 2011; Accepted 8 March 2011
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Toshiharu Hayashi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Seshagiri-Rao Nandula, Paromita Dey, Kathryn L. Corbin, Craig S. Nunemaker, Harini Bagavant, and Umesh S. Deshmukh, “Salivary gland hypofunction induced by activation of innate immunity is dependent on type I interferon signaling,” Journal of Oral Pathology & Medicine, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 66–72, 2012.
- Ms Soyfoo, N Bolaky, I Depoortere, and C Delporte, “Relationship between aquaporin-5 expression and saliva flow in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice?,” Oral Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 501–505, 2012.
- T Fukushima, T Nashida, M Haga-Tsujimura, and I Mataga, “Chitinase expression in parotid glands of non-obese diabetic mice,” Oral Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 506–512, 2012.
- John L. Bradley, Clara S. Edwards, and Roderick J. Fullard, “Adaptation of Impression Cytology to Enable Conjunctival Surface Cell Transcriptome Analysis,” Current Eye Research, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Kathleen Rodgers, J. Andrew MacKay, Sarah F. Hamm-Alvarez, Mihir Shah, Maria C. Edman, Srikanth R. Janga, Pu Shi, Jugal Dhandhukia, Siyu Liu, and Stan G. Louie, “A rapamycin-binding protein polymer nanoparticle shows potent therapeutic activity in suppressing autoimmune dacryoadenitis in a mouse model of Sjögren’s syndrome,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2013.
- Anna P. Risselada, Marjolein F. Looije, Aike A. Kruize, Johannes W.J. Bijlsma, and Joel A.G. Van Roon, “The Role of Ectopic Germinal Centers in the Immunopathology of Primary Sjögren's Syndrome: A Systematic Review,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 368–376, 2013.
- Pulukool Sandhya, and Debashish Danda, “Role of vacuolar ATPase and Skp1 in Sjögren’s syndrome,” Medical Hypotheses, 2014.
- Clio P. Mavragani, and Haralampos M. Moutsopoulos, “Sjögren's Syndrome,” Annual Review of Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 273–285, 2014.