- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 412743, 13 pages
Progenitors for the Corneal Endothelium and Trabecular Meshwork: A Potential Source for Personalized Stem Cell Therapy in Corneal Endothelial Diseases and Glaucoma
1Eye Institute, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
2Department of Eye and Vision Science, Institute of Ageing and Chronic Disease, University of Liverpool, University Clinical Departments Building, The Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
3Research Center of Heart, Brain, Hormone and Healthy Aging, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
4St. Paul's Eye Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Prescot Street, Liverpool L7 8XP, UK
Received 10 August 2011; Accepted 8 September 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2011 Wing Yan Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David D. Eveleth, “Cell-Based Therapies for Ocular Disease,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, pp. 130919063021008, 2013.
- Samantha Wilson, Laura Sidney, Siobhán Dunphy, James Rose, and Andrew Hopkinson, “Keeping an Eye on Decellularized Corneas: A Review of Methods, Characterization and Applications,” Journal of Functional Biomaterials, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 114–161, 2013.
- Jennifer Elisseeff, Marcos G. Madrid, Qiaozhi Lu, J. Jeremy Chae, and Qiongyu Guo, “Future perspectives for regenerative medicine in ophthalmology,” Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 38–45, 2013.
- Stefan Siwko, Li Lai, Jinsheng Weng, and Mingyao Liu, “Lgr4 in Ocular Development and Glaucoma,” Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- H. S. Dua, L. A. Faraj, M. J. Branch, A. M. Yeung, M. S. Elalfy, D. G. Said, T. Gray, and J. Lowe, “The collagen matrix of the human trabecular meshwork is an extension of the novel pre-Descemet's layer (Dua's layer),” British Journal of Ophthalmology, 2014.
- Joshua T. Morgan, Joshua A. Wood, Naomi J. Walker, Vijay Krishna Raghunathan, Dori L. Borjesson, Christopher J. Murphy, and Paul Russell, “Human Trabecular Meshwork Cells Exhibit Several Characteristics of, but Are Distinct from, Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, pp. 140123071419007, 2014.