- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 413802, 7 pages
Technetium-99m-Labeled Autologous Serum Albumin: A Personal-Exclusive Source of Serum Component
1College of Medicine, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 97004, Taiwan
2Department of Nuclear Medicine, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 62247, Taiwan
3Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 62247, Taiwan
4Department of Hematology and Oncology, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 62247, Taiwan
5Department of Pharmacy, Buddhist Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital, Chiayi 62247, Taiwan
Received 31 December 2010; Accepted 3 March 2011
Academic Editor: Lie-Hang Shen
Copyright © 2011 Yuh-Feng Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Vanhove, N. Walgraeve, F. De Geeter, and P. R. Franken, “Gated myocardial perfusion tomography versus gated blood pool tomography for the calculation of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 735–741, 2002.
- S. Ferraro, P. Perrone-Filardi, A. Desiderio et al., “Left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in severe obesity: A radionuclide study,” Cardiology, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 347–353, 1996.
- N. T. Chiu, B. F. Lee, S. J. Hwang, J. M. Chang, G. C. Liu, and H. S. Yu, “Protein-losing enteropathy: diagnosis with (99m)Tc-labeled human serum albumin scintigraphy,” Radiology, vol. 219, no. 1, pp. 86–90, 2001.
- I. Bedrosian, A. M. Scheff, R. Mick et al., “99mTc-human serum albumin: an effective radiotracer for identifying sentinel lymph nodes in melanoma,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 40, no. 7, pp. 1143–1148, 1999.
- Y. C. Chen, S. J. Hwang, J. S. Chiu, M. H. Chuang, M. I. Chung, and Y. F. Wang, “Chronic edema from protein-losing enteropathy: scintigraphic diagnosis,” Kidney International, vol. 75, no. 10, p. 1124, 2009.
- R. Kim, A. Osaki, J. Kojima, and T. Toge, “Significance of lymphoscintigraphic mapping with Tc-99m human serum albumin and tin colloid in sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer,” International journal of oncology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 991–996, 2001.
- M. Momose, S. Kawakami, T. Koizumi et al., “Lymphoscintigraphy using technetium-99m HSA-DTPA with SPECT/CT in chylothorax after childbirth,” Radiation Medicine, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 508–511, 2008.
- B. R. Don and G. Kaysen, “Serum albumin: relationship to inflammation and nutrition,” Seminars in Dialysis, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 432–437, 2004.
- L. T. Goodnough, “Risks of blood transfusion,” Critical Care Medicine, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. S678–S686, 2003.
- C. Madjdpour, V. Heindl, and D. R. Spahn, “Risks, benefits, alternatives and indications of allogenic blood transfusions,” Minerva Anestesiologica, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 283–298, 2006.
- W. R. Mayr, “The reality of self-sufficiency,” Transfusion Clinique et Biologique, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 362–364, 2005.
- The President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, “Report on blood safety and HIV/AIDS,” June 2006, http://www.pepfar.gov/progress/76858.htm.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), “Progress toward strengthening blood transfusion services—14 countries, 2003-2007,” Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, vol. 57, no. 47, pp. 1273–1277, 2008.
- Y. F. Wang, M. H. Chuang, J. S. Chiu, T. M. Cham, and M. I. Chung, “On-site preparation of technetium-99m labeled human serum albumin for clinical application,” Tohoku Journal of Experimental Medicine, vol. 211, no. 4, pp. 379–385, 2007.
- L. T. Goodnough, M. E. Brecher, M. H. Kanter, and J. P. Aubuchon, “Transfusion medicine: II. Blood conservation,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 340, no. 7, pp. 525–533, 1999.
- R. Karger and V. Kretschmer, “Modern concepts of autologous haemotherapy,” Transfusion and Apheresis Science, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 185–196, 2005.
- E. Gianazza and P. Arnaud, “Chromatography of plasma proteins on immobilized Cibacron Blue F3-GA. Mechanism of the molecular interaction,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 203, no. 3, pp. 637–641, 1982.
- “Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Normal reference values,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 314, no. 1, pp. 39–19, 1986.
- U.S. Pharmacopeia, “Bacterial endotoxin test,” in USP32/NF27: United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary, pp. 93–96, The United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc., 2009.
- U.S. Pharmacopeia, “Sterility test,” in USP32/NF27: United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary, pp. 80–86, The United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc., 2009.
- P. T. Toy, R. G. Strauss, and L. C. Stehling, “Predeposited autologous blood for elective surgery. A national multicenter study,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 316, no. 9, pp. 517–520, 1987.
- K. Kristensen, “Biodistribution in rats of 99mTc-labelled human serum albumin,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 617–624, 1986.
- A. C. Perkins and M. Frier, “Experimental biodistribution studies of 99mTc-recombinant human serum albumin (rHSA): a new generation of radiopharmaceutical,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 1231–1233, 1994.
- S. Matsushita, Y. Isima, V. T. Chuang et al., “Functional analysis of recombinant human serum albumin domains for pharmaceutical applications,” Pharmaceutical Research, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1924–1932, 2004.
- K. Kobayashi, “Summary of recombinant human serum albumin development,” Biologicals, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 55–59, 2006.
- K. Langer, M. G. Anhorn, I. Steinhauser et al., “Human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles: reproducibility of preparation process and kinetics of enzymatic degradation,” International Journal of Pharmaceutics, vol. 347, no. 1-2, pp. 109–117, 2008.
- A. Kasahara, K. Kita, E. Tomita, J. Toyota, Y. Imai, and H. Kumada, “Repeated administration of recombinant human serum albumin caused no serious allergic reactions in patients with liver cirrhosis: a multicenter clinical study,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 464–472, 2008.
- W. Ohtani, Y. Nawa, K. Takeshima, H. Kamuro, K. Kobayashi, and T. Ohmura, “Physicochemical and immunochemical properties of recombinant human serum albumin from Pichia pastoris,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 256, no. 1, pp. 56–62, 1998.