- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 419343, 8 pages
Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis of Cancer Cells In Vitro and In Vivo
1PET-CT Center, The Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
2Clinical Medical Research Center of the Affiliated Hospital, Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
3Department of Medical Education, The Affiliated People's Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, Zhaoruda Street, Hohhot 010010, China
Received 30 December 2010; Revised 22 March 2011; Accepted 4 April 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Xuemei Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eun-Sun Choi, Jun-Sung Kim, Ki-Han Kwon, Hyng-Seop Kim, Nam-Pyo Cho, and Sung-Dae Cho, “Methanol extract of Sanguisorba officinalis L. with cytotoxic activity agai nst PC3 human prostate cancer cells,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 670–674, 2012.
- Roger A. Close, and Emily J. Rayfield, “Functional Morphometric Analysis of the Furcula in Mesozoic Birds,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Jian Wang, Yongli Li, Xiaofeng Wang, and Chuanlu Jiang, “Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Human Glioblastoma Cell Lines U251 by Suppressing TGF-β1/miR-21/PDCD4 Pathway,” Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 2012.
- Laura A. Solt, and Thomas P. Burris, “Action of RORs and their ligands in (patho)physiology,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 619–627, 2012.
- Xin Wang, Kim Hyun-Jung, Young-Ok Son, Zhuo Zhang, Songze Ding, Chakkenchath Sreekala, Xianglin Shi, Lei Wang, Amit Budhraja, Jeong-Chae Lee, Poyil Pratheeshkumar, and Andrew Hitron, “Cancer Prevention with Promising Natural Products: Mechanisms of Action and Molecular Targets,” Anti-Cancer Agents In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1159–1184, 2012.
- Muthu K. Shanmugam, Xiaoyun Dai, Alan Prem Kumar, Benny K.H. Tan, Gautam Sethi, and Anupam Bishayee, “Ursolic acid in cancer prevention and treatment: Molecular targets, pharmacokinetics and clinical studies,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1579–1587, 2013.
- Kunmei Liu, Le Guo, Lin Miao, Weiwei Bao, Jue Yang, Xiaokang Li, Tao Xi, and Wei Zhao, “Ursolic acid inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition by suppressing the expression of astrocyte-elevated gene-1 in human nonsmall cell lung cancer A549 cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 494–503, 2013.
- Li, Zhou, Liu, Chen, Zhao, Peng, Li, and Gao, “Ezrin dephosphorylation/downregulation contributes to ursolic acid-mediated cell death in human leukemia cells,” Blood Cancer Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, 2013.
- Litao Li, Xiangjian Zhang, Lili Cui, Lina Wang, Haichao Liu, Hui Ji, and Yuanyuan Du, “Ursolic acid promotes the neuroprotection by activating Nrf2 pathway after cerebral ischemia in mice,” Brain Research, vol. 1497, pp. 32–39, 2013.
- Laurin A. J. Mueller, and Frank Emmert-Streib, “Quantitative Network Measures as Biomarkers for Classifying Prostate Cancer Disease States: A Systems Approach to Diagnostic Biomarkers,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Manjeshwar Shrinath Baliga, Princy L. Palatty, Rosmy Jimmy, Karadka Ramdas Thilakchand, Venkatesh Sunitha, Neeta Raghavendra Bhat, Elroy Saldanha, Suresh Rao, Pratima Rao, and Rajesh Arora, “Ocimum Sanctum L (Holy Basil or Tulsi) and its phytochemicals in the prevention and treatment of cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2013.
- Lili Feng, Wenchao Mao, Jian Zhang, Xiaoting Liu, Yibo Jiao, Xin Zhao, Xiuping Wang, Dongxing Zhang, and Dayong Cai, “Pharmacokinetic variations of tetramethylpyrazine phosphate after oral admi nistration in hepatic precancerous mice and its hepatoprotective effects,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.