- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 419343, 8 pages
Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis of Cancer Cells In Vitro and In Vivo
1PET-CT Center, The Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
2Clinical Medical Research Center of the Affiliated Hospital, Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
3Department of Medical Education, The Affiliated People's Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, Zhaoruda Street, Hohhot 010010, China
Received 30 December 2010; Revised 22 March 2011; Accepted 4 April 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Xuemei Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eun-Sun Choi, Jun-Sung Kim, Ki-Han Kwon, Hyng-Seop Kim, Nam-Pyo Cho, and Sung-Dae Cho, “Methanol extract of Sanguisorba officinalis L. with cytotoxic activity agai nst PC3 human prostate cancer cells,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 670–674, 2012.
- Roger A. Close, and Emily J. Rayfield, “Functional Morphometric Analysis of the Furcula in Mesozoic Birds,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Jian Wang, Yongli Li, Xiaofeng Wang, and Chuanlu Jiang, “Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Human Glioblastoma Cell Lines U251 by Suppressing TGF-β1/miR-21/PDCD4 Pathway,” Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 2012.
- Laura A. Solt, and Thomas P. Burris, “Action of RORs and their ligands in (patho)physiology,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 619–627, 2012.
- Xin Wang, Kim Hyun-Jung, Young-Ok Son, Zhuo Zhang, Songze Ding, Chakkenchath Sreekala, Xianglin Shi, Lei Wang, Amit Budhraja, Jeong-Chae Lee, Poyil Pratheeshkumar, and Andrew Hitron, “Cancer Prevention with Promising Natural Products: Mechanisms of Action and Molecular Targets,” Anti-Cancer Agents In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1159–1184, 2012.
- Bruno M. F. Gonçalves, Ana S. Leal, Yongkui Jing, Jorge A. R. Salvador, and Vânia M. Moreira, “Ursane-type pentacyclic triterpenoids as useful platforms to discover anticancer drugs,” Natural Product Reports, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1463, 2012.
- Yl Meng Yan-Ling, Bc Zheng Ben-Chang, Xc Wang Xu-Cheng, L Xiao Ling, and L Liu Liang, “Controlling the Shape of a Cold Atom Cloud in a Cylindrical Cavity,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 30, no. 6, 2013.
- Kunmei Liu, Le Guo, Lin Miao, Weiwei Bao, Jue Yang, Xiaokang Li, Tao Xi, and Wei Zhao, “Ursolic acid inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition by suppressing the expression of astrocyte-elevated gene-1 in human nonsmall cell lung cancer A549 cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 494–503, 2013.
- Muthu K. Shanmugam, Xiaoyun Dai, Alan Prem Kumar, Benny K.H. Tan, Gautam Sethi, and Anupam Bishayee, “Ursolic acid in cancer prevention and treatment: Molecular targets, pharmacokinetics and clinical studies,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1579–1587, 2013.
- Li, Zhou, Liu, Chen, Zhao, Peng, Li, and Gao, “Ezrin dephosphorylation/downregulation contributes to ursolic acid-mediated cell death in human leukemia cells,” Blood Cancer Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, 2013.
- Litao Li, Xiangjian Zhang, Lili Cui, Lina Wang, Haichao Liu, Hui Ji, and Yuanyuan Du, “Ursolic acid promotes the neuroprotection by activating Nrf2 pathway after cerebral ischemia in mice,” Brain Research, vol. 1497, pp. 32–39, 2013.
- Laurin A. J. Mueller, and Frank Emmert-Streib, “Quantitative Network Measures as Biomarkers for Classifying Prostate Cancer Disease States: A Systems Approach to Diagnostic Biomarkers,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Manjeshwar Shrinath Baliga, Princy L. Palatty, Rosmy Jimmy, Karadka Ramdas Thilakchand, Venkatesh Sunitha, Neeta Raghavendra Bhat, Elroy Saldanha, Suresh Rao, Pratima Rao, and Rajesh Arora, “Ocimum Sanctum L (Holy Basil or Tulsi) and its phytochemicals in the prevention and treatment of cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2013.
- Tingting Zhang, Jingyuan Su, Kaiwen Wang, Tingzhun Zhu, and Xiaoming Li, “Ursolic Acid reduces oxidative stress to alleviate early brain injury following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Md Soriful Islam, Most Mauluda Akhtar, Andrea Ciavattini, Stefano Raffaele Giannubilo, Olga Protic, Milijana Janjusevic, Antonio Domenico Procopio, James H. Segars, Mario Castellucci, and Pasquapina Ciarmela, “Use of dietary phytochemicals to target inflammation, fibrosis, proliferation, and angiogenesis in uterine tissues: Promising options for prevention and treatment of uterine fibroids?,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Lin Yao, “Recent progress in antireflection and self-cleaning technology - From surfa ce engineering to functional surfaces,” Progress in Materials Science, vol. 61, pp. 94–143, 2014.
- Qingfeng Tang, Qing Ji, Yu Tang, Teng Chen, Gang Pan, Songjiao Hu, Yijie Bao, and Wen Peng, “Mitochondrial translocation of cofilin-1 promotes apoptosis of gastric canc er BGC-823 cells induced by ursolic acid,” Tumor Biology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 2451–2459, 2014.
- Lili Feng, Wenchao Mao, Jian Zhang, Xiaoting Liu, Yibo Jiao, Xin Zhao, Xiuping Wang, Dongxing Zhang, and Dayong Cai, “Pharmacokinetic variations of tetramethylpyrazine phosphate after oral admi nistration in hepatic precancerous mice and its hepatoprotective effects,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Yukio Fujiwara, Motohiro Takeya, and Yoshihiro Komohara, “A Novel Strategy for Inducing the Antitumor Effects of Triterpenoid Compounds: Blocking the Protumoral Functions of Tumor-Associated Macrophages via STAT3 Inhibition,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.