- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 419343, 8 pages
Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis of Cancer Cells In Vitro and In Vivo
1PET-CT Center, The Affiliated Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
2Clinical Medical Research Center of the Affiliated Hospital, Inner Mongolia Medical College, TongDao North Street, Hohhot 010050, China
3Department of Medical Education, The Affiliated People’s Hospital of Inner Mongolia Medical College, Zhaoruda Street, Hohhot 010010, China
Received 30 December 2010; Revised 22 March 2011; Accepted 4 April 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Xuemei Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [37 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eun-Sun Choi, Jun-Sung Kim, Ki-Han Kwon, Hyng-Seop Kim, Nam-Pyo Cho, and Sung-Dae Cho, “Methanol extract of Sanguisorba officinalis L. with cytotoxic activity agai nst PC3 human prostate cancer cells,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 670–674, 2012.
- Roger A. Close, and Emily J. Rayfield, “Functional Morphometric Analysis of the Furcula in Mesozoic Birds,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Jian Wang, Yongli Li, Xiaofeng Wang, and Chuanlu Jiang, “Ursolic Acid Inhibits Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Human Glioblastoma Cell Lines U251 by Suppressing TGF-β1/miR-21/PDCD4 Pathway,” Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 2012.
- Lei Wang, Jeong-Chae Lee, Poyil Pratheeshkumar, Kim Hyun-Jung, Xin Wang, Xianglin Shi, Amit Budhraja, Andrew Hitron, Zhuo Zhang, Songze Ding, Chakkenchath Sreekala, and Young-Ok Son, “Cancer Prevention with Promising Natural Products: Mechanisms of Action and Molecular Targets,” Anti-Cancer Agents In Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 1159–1184, 2012.
- Laura A. Solt, and Thomas P. Burris, “Action of RORs and their ligands in (patho)physiology,” Trends in Endocrinology & Metabolism, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 619–627, 2012.
- Bruno M. F. Gonçalves, Ana S. Leal, Yongkui Jing, Jorge A. R. Salvador, and Vânia M. Moreira, “Ursane-type pentacyclic triterpenoids as useful platforms to discover anticancer drugs,” Natural Product Reports, vol. 29, no. 12, pp. 1463, 2012.
- Kunmei Liu, Le Guo, Lin Miao, Weiwei Bao, Jue Yang, Xiaokang Li, Tao Xi, and Wei Zhao, “Ursolic acid inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition by suppressing the expression of astrocyte-elevated gene-1 in human nonsmall cell lung cancer A549 cells,” Anti-Cancer Drugs, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 494–503, 2013.
- Yl Meng Yan-Ling, Bc Zheng Ben-Chang, Xc Wang Xu-Cheng, L Xiao Ling, and L Liu Liang, “Controlling the Shape of a Cold Atom Cloud in a Cylindrical Cavity,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 30, no. 6, 2013.
- Muthu K. Shanmugam, Xiaoyun Dai, Alan Prem Kumar, Benny K.H. Tan, Gautam Sethi, and Anupam Bishayee, “Ursolic acid in cancer prevention and treatment: Molecular targets, pharmacokinetics and clinical studies,” Biochemical Pharmacology, vol. 85, no. 11, pp. 1579–1587, 2013.
- Li, Zhou, Liu, Chen, Zhao, Peng, Li, and Gao, “Ezrin dephosphorylation/downregulation contributes to ursolic acid-mediated cell death in human leukemia cells,” Blood Cancer Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, 2013.
- Litao Li, Xiangjian Zhang, Lili Cui, Lina Wang, Haichao Liu, Hui Ji, and Yuanyuan Du, “Ursolic acid promotes the neuroprotection by activating Nrf2 pathway after cerebral ischemia in mice,” Brain Research, vol. 1497, pp. 32–39, 2013.
- Matthias Dehmer, Laurin A. J. Mueller, and Frank Emmert-Streib, “Quantitative Network Measures as Biomarkers for Classifying Prostate Cancer Disease States: A Systems Approach to Diagnostic Biomarkers,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Manjeshwar Shrinath Baliga, Princy L. Palatty, Rosmy Jimmy, Karadka Ramdas Thilakchand, Venkatesh Sunitha, Neeta Raghavendra Bhat, Elroy Saldanha, Suresh Rao, Pratima Rao, and Rajesh Arora, “Ocimum Sanctum L (Holy Basil or Tulsi) and its phytochemicals in the prevention and treatment of cancer,” Nutrition and Cancer, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 26–35, 2013.
- Bc Zheng Ben-Chang, Hd Cheng Hua-Dong, Yl Meng Yan-Ling, L Xiao Ling, Jy Wan Jin-Yin, and L Liu Liang, “Observation of Faraday Rotation in Cold Atoms in an Integrating Sphere,” Chinese Physics Letters, vol. 31, no. 7, 2014.
- Tingting Zhang, Jingyuan Su, Kaiwen Wang, Tingzhun Zhu, and Xiaoming Li, “Ursolic Acid reduces oxidative stress to alleviate early brain injury following experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage,” Neuroscience Letters, 2014.
- Rodrigo Luiz Fabri, Roberta Alvim Garcia, Jônatas Rodrigues Florêncio, Lidiane Oliveira de Carvalho, Nícolas de Castro Campos Pinto, Elaine Soares Coimbra, Elaine Maria de Souza-Fagundes, Antônia Ribeiro, and Elita Scio, “Pentacyclic triterpenoids from Mitracarpus frigidus (Willd. ex Roem. & Schult.) K. Shum: in vitro cytotoxic and leishmanicidal and in vivo anti-inflammatory and antioxidative activities,” Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2014.
- Md Soriful Islam, Most Mauluda Akhtar, Andrea Ciavattini, Stefano Raffaele Giannubilo, Olga Protic, Milijana Janjusevic, Antonio Domenico Procopio, James H. Segars, Mario Castellucci, and Pasquapina Ciarmela, “Use of dietary phytochemicals to target inflammation, fibrosis, proliferation, and angiogenesis in uterine tissues: Promising options for prevention and treatment of uterine fibroids?,” Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2014.
- Qingfeng Tang, Qing Ji, Yu Tang, Teng Chen, Gang Pan, Songjiao Hu, Yijie Bao, Wen Peng, and Peihao Yin, “Mitochondrial translocation of cofilin-1 promotes apoptosis of gastric cancer BGC-823 cells induced by ursolic acid,” Tumor Biology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 2451–2459, 2014.
- Mohammad F. Ullah, Showket H. Bhat, Eram Husain, Faisel Abu-Duhier, S. M. Hadi, Fazlul H. Sarkar, and Aamir Ahmad, “Cancer chemopreventive pharmacology of phytochemicals derived from plants of dietary and non-dietary origin: implication for alternative and complementary approaches,” Phytochemistry Reviews, 2014.
- Savia C. A. Lopes, Marcus V. M. Novais, Diego S. Ferreira, Fernao C. Braga, Rogerio Magalhaes-Paniago, Angelo Malachias, and Monica C. Oliveira, “Ursolic Acid Incorporation Does Not Prevent the Formation of a Non-lamellar Phase in pH-Sensitive and Long-Circulating Liposomes,” Langmuir, vol. 30, no. 50, pp. 15083–15090, 2014.
- H. Y. Kim, “Ecological valuation in a transportation project: value transfer and spatial decision support systems,” International Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 2281–2290, 2014.
- Tingting Zhang, Jingyuan Su, Bingyu Guo, Tingzhun Zhu, Kaiwen Wang, and Xiaoming Li, “Ursolic acid alleviates early brain injury after experimental subarachnoid hemorrhage by suppressing TLR4-mediated inflammatory pathway,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Lili Feng, Wenchao Mao, Jian Zhang, Xiaoting Liu, Yibo Jiao, Xin Zhao, Xiuping Wang, Dongxing Zhang, Dayong Cai, and Yueqi Wang, “Pharmacokinetic variations of tetramethylpyrazine phosphate after oral administration in hepatic precancerous mice and its hepatoprotective effects,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Rui Li, Xia Wang, Xiao-Hong Zhang, Hong-Hai Chen, and Yan-Dong Liu, “Ursolic Acid Promotes Apoptosis of SGC-7901 Gastric Cancer Cells through ROCK/PTEN Mediated Mitochondrial Translocation of Cofilin-1,” Asian Pacific Journal Of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 22, pp. 9593–9597, 2014.
- Yukio Fujiwara, Motohiro Takeya, and Yoshihiro Komohara, “A Novel Strategy for Inducing the Antitumor Effects of Triterpenoid Compounds: Blocking the Protumoral Functions of Tumor-Associated Macrophages via STAT3 Inhibition,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–11, 2014.
- Xuanbin Wang, Yibin Feng, Ning Wang, Fan Cheung, Hor Yue Tan, Sen Zhong, Charlie Li, and Seiichi Kobayashi, “Chinese Medicines Induce Cell Death: The Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms for Cancer Therapy,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–14, 2014.
- Honghua Su, Yuming Cheng, Zhongyang Wang, Zhong Li, David Stanley, and Yizhong Yang, “Silk Gland Gene Expression during Larval-Pupal Transition in the Cotton Leaf Roller Sylepta derogata (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae),” Plos One, vol. 10, no. 9, 2015.
- Kyung Kyun Noh, Ki Wung Chung, Bokyung Sung, Min Jo Kim, Chan Hum Park, Changshin Yoon, Jae Sue Choi, Mi Kyung Kim, Cheol Min Kim, Nam Deuk Kim, and Hae Young Chung, “Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica) extract prevents dexamethasone-induced muscle atrophy by inhibiting the muscle degradation pathway in Sprague Dawley rats,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 3607–3614, 2015.
- Margherita Pagani, Ronald Goldsmith, and Andrea Perracchio, “Standardization vs. adaptation: consumer reaction to TV ads containing subtitled or English dubbed ads,” International Journal Of Advertising, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 702–714, 2015.
- Hua Qian, Xiaotao Wang, Kai Kang, and Weidong Xiang, “A Depth-First ML Decoding Algorithm for Tail-Biting Trellises,” Ieee Transactions On Vehicular Technology, vol. 64, no. 8, pp. 3339–3346, 2015.
- Sourav Sikdar, Avinaba Mukherjee, and Anisur Rahman Khuda-Bukhsh, “Anti-lung cancer potential of pure esteric-glycoside condurangogenin A against nonsmall-cell lung cancer cells in vitro via p21/p53 mediated cell cycl,” Pharmacognosy Magazine, vol. 11, no. 42, pp. S73–S85, 2015.
- Eun-Sook Kim, and Aree Moon, “Ursolic acid inhibits the invasive phenotype of SNU-484 human gastric cancer cells,” Oncology Letters, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 897–902, 2015.
- Jeremy Esque, Aurelie Urbain, Catherine Etchebest, and Alexandre G. de Brevern, “Sequence-structure relationship study in all-alpha transmembrane proteins using an unsupervised learning approach,” Amino Acids, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2303–2322, 2015.
- Yi Zhang, and Damon M. Chandler, “3D-MAD: A Full Reference Stereoscopic Image Quality Estimator Based on Binocular Lightness and Contrast Perception,” Ieee Transactions On Image Processing, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 3810–3825, 2015.
- Lukasz Wozniak, Sylwia Skapska, and Krystian Marszalek, “Ursolic Acid-A Pentacyclic Triterpenoid with a Wide Spectrum of Pharmacological Activities,” Molecules, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 20614–20641, 2015.
- Feng Shao, Kemeng Li, Weisi Lin, Gangyi Jiang, Mei Yu, and Qionghai Dai, “Full-Reference Quality Assessment of Stereoscopic Images by Learning Binocular Receptive Field Properties,” Ieee Transactions On Image Processing, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2971–2983, 2015.
- Dharambir Kashyap, Hardeep Singh Tuli, and Anil K. Sharma, “Ursolic acid (UA): A metabolite with promising therapeutic potential,” Life Sciences, 2016.