- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 421701, 8 pages
A High-Throughput Solid-Phase Microplate Protein-Binding Assay to Investigate Interactions between Myofilament Proteins
1Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
2Department of Physiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Received 25 May 2011; Accepted 24 August 2011
Academic Editor: Xupei Huang
Copyright © 2011 Brandon J. Biesiadecki and J.-P. Jin. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. J. Biesiadecki, B. D. Elder, Z. B. Yu, and J. P. Jin, “Cardiac troponin T variants produced by aberrant splicing of multiple exons in animals with high instances of dilated cardiomyopathy,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 52, pp. 50275–50285, 2002.
- B. J. Biesiadecki and J. P. Jin, “Exon skipping in cardiac troponin T of turkeys with inherited dilated cardiomyopathy,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 277, no. 21, pp. 18459–18468, 2002.
- J. P. Jin and S. M. Chong, “Localization of the two tropomyosin-binding sites of troponin T,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 500, no. 2, pp. 144–150, 2010.
- B. J. Biesiadecki, K. L. Schneider, Z. B. Yu, S. M. Chong, and J. P. Jin, “An R111C polymorphism in wild turkey cardiac troponin I accompanying the dilated cardiomyopathy-related abnormal splicing variant of cardiac troponin T with potentially compensatory effects,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 279, no. 14, pp. 13825–13832, 2004.
- B. You, G. Yan, Z. Zhang et al., “Phosphorylation of cardiac troponin I by mammalian sterile 20-like kinase 1,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 418, no. 1, pp. 93–101, 2009.
- Z. Zhang, B. J. Biesiadecki, and J. P. Jin, “Selective deletion of the NH2-terminal variable region of cardiac troponin T in ischemia reperfusion by myofibril-associated μ-calpain cleavage,” Biochemistry, vol. 45, no. 38, pp. 11681–11694, 2006.
- P. L. Engel, T. Kobayashi, B. Biesiadecki et al., “Identification of a region of troponin I important in signaling cross-bridge-dependent activation of cardiac myofilaments,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 282, no. 1, pp. 183–193, 2007.
- J. P. Jin, S. M. Chong, and M. M. Hossain, “Microtiter plate monoclonal antibody epitope analysis of Ca2+- and Mg2+-induced conformational changes in troponin C,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 466, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2007.
- J. P. Jin and K. Wang, “Nebulin as a giant actin-binding template protein in skeletal muscle sarcomere. Interaction of actin and cloned human nebulin fragments,” FEBS Letters, vol. 281, no. 1-2, pp. 93–96, 1991.
- O. Ogut and J. P. Jin, “Developmentally regulated, alternative RNA splicing-generated pectoral muscle-specific troponin T isoforms and role of the NH2-terminal hypervariable region in the tolerance to acidosis,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 273, no. 43, pp. 27858–27866, 1998.
- O. Ogut and J. P. Jin, “Expression, zinc-affinity purification, and characterization of a novel metal-binding cluster in troponin T metal-stabilized alpha-helical structure and effects of the NH2-terminal variable region on the conformation of intact troponin T and its association with tropomyosin,” Biochemistry, vol. 35, no. 51, pp. 16581–16590, 1996.
- J. P. Jin, M. P. Walsh, C. Sutherl, and W. Chen, “A role for serine-175 in modulating the molecular conformation of calponin,” Biochemical Journal, vol. 350, no. 2, pp. 579–588, 2000.
- J. P. Jin, D. Wu, J. Gao, R. Nigam, and S. Kwong, “Expression and purification of the h1 and h2 isoforms of calponin,” Protein Expression and Purification, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 231–239, 2003.
- J. P. Jin, “Cloned rat cardiac titin class I and class II motifs. Expression, purification, characterization, and interaction with F-actin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 270, no. 12, pp. 6908–6916, 1995.
- J. Wang and J. P. Jin, “Conformational modulation of troponin T by configuration of the NH2- terminal variable region and functional effects,” Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 41, pp. 14519–14528, 1998.
- K. Gregorius, S. Mouritsen, and H. I. Elsner, “Hydrocoating: a new method for coupling biomolecules to solid phases,” Journal of Immunological Methods, vol. 181, no. 1, pp. 65–73, 1995.
- Z. Zhang, S. Akhter, S. Mottl, and J. P. Jin, “Calcium-regulated conformational change in the C-terminal end segment of troponin I and its binding to tropomyosin,” FEBS Journal, vol. 278, no. 18, pp. 3348–3359, 2011.
- O. Ogut and J. P. Jin, “Cooperative interaction between developmentally regulated troponin T and tropomyosin isoforms in the absence of F-actin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 34, pp. 26089–26095, 2000.
- S. Akhter, Z. Zhang, and J. P. Jin, “The NH2-terminal extension regulates molecular conformation and function of cardiac troponin I,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 100, no. 3, supplement, pp. 370a–371a, 2011.