- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 473964, 14 pages
Morphological and Molecular Alterations in 1,2 Dimethylhydrazine and Azoxymethane Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats
Institute of Pathology, Medical Experimental Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, 1105 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 30 October 2010; Accepted 29 November 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Martina Perše and Anton Cerar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [18 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan-Wei Lin, Ji-Lin Wang, Hui-Min Chen, Yan-Jie Zhang, Rong-Lu Rong-Lu, Lin-Lin Ren, Jie Hong, and Jing-Yuan Fang, “Folic Acid supplementary reduce the incidence of adenocarcinoma in a mouse model of colorectal cancer: microarray gene expression profile,” Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 30, 2011.
- Virginia Motilva, Elena Talero, and Javier Avila-Roman, “Chemoprevention with Phytonutrients and Microalgae Products in Chronic Infl ammation and Colon Cancer,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 18, no. 26, pp. 3939–3965, 2012.
- M. Emília Juan, Irene Alfaras, and Joana M. Planas, “Colorectal cancer chemoprevention by trans-resveratrol,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 584–591, 2012.
- Hyun-Ji Park, Bong-Su Kang, Dang-Young Kim, Ja-Seon Yoon, Jae-Hwang Jeong, Sang-Yoon Nam, Young-Won Yun, Jong-Soo Kim, and Beom-Jun Lee, “Suppressive Effect of Zinc on the Formation of Colonic Preneoplastic Lesions in the Mouse Fed High Levels of Dietary Iron,” Toxicological Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 39–49, 2012.
- Meital Bloch, Yossi Kam, Eylon Yavin, Dorit Moradov, Aviram Nissan, Ilana Ariel, and Abraham Rubinstein, “The relative roles of charge and a recognition peptide in luminal targeting of colorectal cancer by fluorescent polyacrylamide,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 904–913, 2012.
- Robert L. Johnson, and James C. Fleet, “Animal models of colorectal cancer,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 39–61, 2012.
- Hye Sung Won, Lee So Maeng, Hiun Suk Chae, Hyung Keun Kim, Young Suk Cho, Jin-Hyoung Kang, Hong Seok Jang, and Mi-Ryeong Ryu, “Sequential Changes in Aberrant Crypt Foci and Lectin Expression in the Early and Late Stages of DMH-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats,” Gut and Liver, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 229, 2012.
- Elizabeth A. Rondini, and Maurice R. Bennink, “Microarray Analyses of Genes Differentially Expressed by Diet (Black Beans and Soy Flour) during Azoxymethane-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2012, pp. 1–17, 2012.
- Hanene Jrah Harzallah, Rahma Grayaa, Wafa Kharoubi, Aya Maaloul, Mohamed Hammami, and Touhami Mahjoub, “Thymoquinone, the Nigella sativa Bioactive Compound, Prevents Circulatory Oxidative Stress Caused by 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine in Erythrocyte during Colon Postinitiation Carcinogenesis,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Parneet Kaur Deol, and Indu Pal Kaur, “Improving the therapeutic efficiency of ginger extract for treatment of colon cancer using a suitably designed multiparticulate system,” Journal of Drug Targeting, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Shinji Kobuchi, Shota Kuwano, Kazuki Imoto, Kae Okada, Asako Nishimura, Yukako Ito, Nobuhito Shibata, and Kanji Takada, “A predictive biomarker for altered 5-fluorouracil pharmacokinetics following repeated administration in a rat model of colorectal cancer,” Biopharmaceutics & Drug Disposition, 2013.
- Shinji Kobuchi, Yukako Ito, Kae Okada, Kazuki Imoto, Shota Kuwano, and Kanji Takada, “Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling of 5-fluorouracil by using a biomarker to predict tumor growth in a rat model of colorectal cancer,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 2056–2067, 2013.
- Sarit Cohen, Michal Pellach, Yossi Kam, Igor Grinberg, Enav Corem-Salkmon, Abraham Rubinstein, and Shlomo Margel, “Synthesis and characterization of near IR fluorescent albumin nanoparticles for optical detection of colon cancer,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 923–931, 2013.
- Holly Moore, and Peter S. Spencer, “Animal Models of Brain Maldevelopment Induced by Cycad Plant Genotoxins,” Birth Defects Research Part C-Embryo Today-Reviews, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 247–255, 2013.
- Puthuparampil Nazarudeen Ansil, Santhibhavan Prabhakaran Prabha, and Anand Nitha, “Chemopreventive Effect of Amorphophallus campanulatus (Roxb.) Blume Tuber A gainst Aberrant Crypt Foci and Cell Proliferation in 1, 2-Dimethylhydrazine Induced Colon Carcinogenesis,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 5331–5339, 2013.
- Martina Perše, “Oxidative Stress in the Pathogenesis of Colorectal Cancer: Cause or Consequence?,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Renato Heidor, Kelly Silva Furtado, Juliana Festa Ortega, Tiago Franco de Oliveira, Paulo Eduardo Latorre Martins Tavares, Alessandra Vieira, Mayara Lilian Paulino Miranda, Eduardo Purgatto, and Fernando Salvador Moreno, “The chemopreventive activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor tributyrin in colon carcinogenesis involves the induction of apoptosis and reduction of DNA damage,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- R. Vinothkumar, R. Vinoth Kumar, V. Karthikkumar, P. Viswanathan, J. Kabalimoorthy, and N. Nalini, “Oral supplementation with troxerutin (trihydroxyethylrutin), modulates lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced rat colon carcinogenesis,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 174–184, 2014.