- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 473964, 14 pages
Morphological and Molecular Alterations in 1,2 Dimethylhydrazine and Azoxymethane Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats
Institute of Pathology, Medical Experimental Centre, Medical Faculty, University of Ljubljana, Korytkova 2, 1105 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 14 September 2010; Revised 30 October 2010; Accepted 29 November 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Martina Perše and Anton Cerar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [31 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Yan-Wei Lin, Ji-Lin Wang, Hui-Min Chen, Yan-Jie Zhang, Rong-Lu Rong-Lu, Lin-Lin Ren, Jie Hong, and Jing-Yuan Fang, “Folic Acid supplementary reduce the incidence of adenocarcinoma in a mouse model of colorectal cancer: microarray gene expression profile,” Journal Of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 30, 2011.
- Javier Avila-Roman, Elena Talero, and Virginia Motilva, “Chemoprevention with Phytonutrients and Microalgae Products in Chronic Inflammation and Colon Cancer,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 18, no. 26, pp. 3939–3965, 2012.
- M. Emília Juan, Irene Alfaras, and Joana M. Planas, “Colorectal cancer chemoprevention by trans-resveratrol,” Pharmacological Research, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 584–591, 2012.
- Hyun-Ji Park, Bong-Su Kang, Dang-Young Kim, Ja-Seon Yoon, Jae-Hwang Jeong, Sang-Yoon Nam, Young-Won Yun, Jong-Soo Kim, and Beom-Jun Lee, “Suppressive Effect of Zinc on the Formation of Colonic Preneoplastic Lesions in the Mouse Fed High Levels of Dietary Iron,” Toxicological Research, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 39–49, 2012.
- Meital Bloch, Yossi Kam, Eylon Yavin, Dorit Moradov, Aviram Nissan, Ilana Ariel, and Abraham Rubinstein, “The relative roles of charge and a recognition peptide in luminal targeting of colorectal cancer by fluorescent polyacrylamide,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 904–913, 2012.
- Robert L. Johnson, and James C. Fleet, “Animal models of colorectal cancer,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, vol. 32, no. 1-2, pp. 39–61, 2012.
- Elizabeth A. Rondini, and Maurice R. Bennink, “Microarray Analyses of Genes Differentially Expressed by Diet (Black Beans and Soy Flour) during Azoxymethane-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats,” Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, vol. 2012, pp. 1–17, 2012.
- Hanene Jrah Harzallah, Rahma Grayaa, Wafa Kharoubi, Aya Maaloul, Mohamed Hammami, and Touhami Mahjoub, “Thymoquinone, the Nigella sativa Bioactive Compound, Prevents Circulatory Oxidative Stress Caused by 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine in Erythrocyte during Colon Postinitiation Carcinogenesis,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2012, pp. 1–6, 2012.
- Hye Sung Won, Lee So Maeng, Hiun Suk Chae, Hyung Keun Kim, Young Suk Cho, Jin-Hyoung Kang, Hong Seok Jang, and Mi-Ryeong Ryu, “Sequential Changes in Aberrant Crypt Foci and Lectin Expression in the Early and Late Stages of DMH-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Rats,” Gut and Liver, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 229, 2012.
- Parneet Kaur Deol, and Indu Pal Kaur, “Improving the therapeutic efficiency of ginger extract for treatment of colon cancer using a suitably designed multiparticulate system,” Journal of Drug Targeting, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Mike F. Mueller, Simone Florian, Stefanie Pommer, Martin Osterhoff, R. Steven Esworthy, Fong-Fong Chu, Regina Brigelius-Flohe, and Anna P. Kipp, “Deletion of Glutathione Peroxidase-2 Inhibits Azoxymethane-Induced Colon Cancer Development,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013.
- Shinji Kobuchi, Shota Kuwano, Kazuki Imoto, Kae Okada, Asako Nishimura, Yukako Ito, Nobuhito Shibata, and Kanji Takada, “A predictive biomarker for altered 5-fluorouracil pharmacokinetics following repeated administration in a rat model of colorectal cancer,” Biopharmaceutics & Drug Disposition, 2013.
- Shinji Kobuchi, Yukako Ito, Kae Okada, Kazuki Imoto, Shota Kuwano, and Kanji Takada, “Pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling of 5-fluorouracil by using a biomarker to predict tumor growth in a rat model of colorectal cancer,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. 2056–2067, 2013.
- Sarit Cohen, Michal Pellach, Yossi Kam, Igor Grinberg, Enav Corem-Salkmon, Abraham Rubinstein, and Shlomo Margel, “Synthesis and characterization of near IR fluorescent albumin nanoparticles for optical detection of colon cancer,” Materials Science and Engineering: C, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 923–931, 2013.
- Holly Moore, and Peter S. Spencer, “Animal Models of Brain Maldevelopment Induced by Cycad Plant Genotoxins,” Birth Defects Research Part C-Embryo Today-Reviews, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 247–255, 2013.
- Martina Perše, “Oxidative Stress in the Pathogenesis of Colorectal Cancer: Cause or Consequence?,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2013, pp. 1–9, 2013.
- Caroline A Kerr, Barney M Hines, Janet M Shaw, Robert Dunne, Lauren M Bragg, Julie Clarke, Trevor Lockett, and Richard Head, “Genomic homeostasis is dysregulated in favour of apoptosis in the colonic epithelium of the azoxymethane treated rat.,” BMC physiology, vol. 13, pp. 2, 2013.
- Puthuparampil Nazarudeen Ansil, Santhibhavan Prabhakaran Prabha, Anand Nitha, and Mukalel Sankunni Latha, “Chemopreventive Effect of Amorphophallus campanulatus (Roxb.) Blume Tuber Against Aberrant Crypt Foci and Cell Proliferation in 1, 2-Dimethylhydrazine Induced Colon Carcinogenesis,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 5331–5339, 2013.
- Krishnan Manigandan, Richard L. Jayaraj, and Namasivayam Elangovan, “Taxifolin ameliorates 1,2-dimethylhydrazine induced cell proliferation and redox avulsions in mice colon carcinogenesis,” Biomedicine & Preventive Nutrition, 2014.
- Qing-Chao Zhu, Ren-Yuan Gao, Wen Wu, Bo-Min Guo, Jia-Yuan Peng, and Huan-Long Qin, “Effect of a high-fat diet in development of colonic adenoma in an animal model,” World Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 20, no. 25, pp. 8119–8129, 2014.
- Suwakon Wongjaikam, Ratasak Summart, and Teera Chewonarin, “ Apoptosis Induction in Colon Cancer Cell Lines and Alteration of Aberrant Crypt Foci in Rat Colon by Purple Rice ( Oryza sativa L. var. glutinosa) Extracts ,” Nutrition and Cancer, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Maria Kasdagly, Sridhar Radhakrishnan, Lavanya Reddivari, D.N. Rao Veeramachaneni, and Jairam Vanamala, “Colon Carcinogenesis: Influence of Western Diet-induced Obesity and Targeting Stem Cells Using Dietary Bioactive Compounds,” Nutrition, 2014.
- Renato Heidor, Kelly Silva Furtado, Juliana Festa Ortega, Tiago Franco de Oliveira, Paulo Eduardo Latorre Martins Tavares, Alessandra Vieira, Mayara Lilian Paulino Miranda, Eduardo Purgatto, and Fernando Salvador Moreno, “The chemopreventive activity of the histone deacetylase inhibitor tributyrin in colon carcinogenesis involves the induction of apoptosis and reduction of DNA damage,” Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2014.
- Jana Štofilová, Viktória Szabadosová, Gabriela Hrčková, Rastislav Salaj, Izabela Bertková, Emília Hijová, Ladislav Strojný, and Alojz Bomba, “Co-administration of a probiotic strain Lactobacillus plantarum LS/07 CCM7766 with prebiotic inulin alleviates the intestinal inflammation in rats exposed to N,N-dimethylhydrazine,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- R. Vinothkumar, R. Vinoth Kumar, V. Karthikkumar, P. Viswanathan, J. Kabalimoorthy, and N. Nalini, “Oral supplementation with troxerutin (trihydroxyethylrutin), modulates lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced rat colon carcinogenesis,” Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 174–184, 2014.
- Rosalia Reynoso-Camacho, Guadalupe Guerrero-Villanueva, Juan de Dios Figueroa, Marco A. Gallegos-Corona, Sandra Mendoza, Guadalupe Loarca-Pina, and Minerva Ramos-Gomez, “Anticarcinogenic Effect of Corn Tortilla Against 1,2-Dimethylhydrazine (DMH)-Induced Colon Carcinogenesis in Sprague-Dawley Rats,” Plant Foods For Human Nutrition, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 146–152, 2015.
- I. V. Byelinska, O. V. Lynchak, T. V. Rybalchenko, S. V. Yablonska, O. M. Bahurynska, and V. K. Rybalchenko, “Morphofunctional parameters of blood cells of a rat with 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon carcinogenesis,” Cytology And Genetics, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 158–164, 2015.
- Pandora E. White, Ge Deng, M. Kaitlyn Kuykendall, Abbey M. Tadros, Samantha L. Dyroff, Rachel E. Honan, Preshus M. Robertson, John B. Vincent, and Jane F. Rasco, “Trivalent Chromium has no Effect on Delaying Azoxymethane-Induced Colorectal Cancer in FVB/NJ Mice,” Biological Trace Element Research, 2015.
- Rubén Francisco González-Laredo, José Alberto Gallegos-Infante, Nuria Elizabeth Rocha-Guzmán, Minerva Ramos-Gomez, Martha Rocío Moreno-Jimenez, Fátima Trujillo-Esquivel, Marco A. Gallegos-Corona, and Rosalia Reynoso-Camacho, “Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic activities of edible red oak (Quercus spp.) infusions in rat colon carcinogenesis induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine,” Food and Chemical Toxicology, 2015.
- Hiroshi Jikihara, Guangying Qi, Koichiro Nozoe, Mayumi Hirokawa, Hiromi Sato, Yuka Sugihara, and Fumio Shimamoto, “Aged garlic extract inhibits 1,2-dimethylhydrazine-induced colon tumor development by suppressing cell proliferation,” Oncology Reports, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 1131–1140, 2015.
- Guangying Qi, Sien Zeng, Tiri Takashima, Koichiro Nozoe, Megumi Shobayashi, Koji Kakugawa, Kaori Murakami, Hiroshi Jikihara, Lihua Zhou, and Fumio Shimamoto, “Inhibitory Effect of Various Breads on DMH-Induced Aberrant Crypt Foci and Colorectal Tumours in Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–8, 2015.