- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 485173, 8 pages
Real-Time Monitoring of Neural Differentiation of Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells by Electric Cell-Substrate Impedance Sensing
1Department of Biological Science, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon 406-799, Republic of Korea
2Department of Biomedical Engineering, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon 406-799, Republic of Korea
3Department of Life Science, Dongguk University-Seoul, Seoul 100-715, Republic of Korea
Received 21 December 2010; Revised 23 February 2011; Accepted 2 April 2011
Academic Editor: Andre Van Wijnen
Copyright © 2011 Hyo Eun Park et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Stephan Reitinger, Juergen Wissenwasser, Werner Kapferer, Rudolf Heer, and Guenter Lepperdinger, “Electric impedance sensing in cell-substrates for rapid and selective multipotential differentiation capacity monitoring of human mesenchymal stem cells,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 63–69, 2012.
- Jianjun Li, Dong Li, Xiuli Ju, Qing Shi, Dakun Wang, and Fengcai Wei, “Umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells retain immunomodulatory and anti-oxidative activities after neural induction,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 7, no. 34, pp. 2663–2672, 2012.
- Stefano Cagnin, Elisa Cimetta, Carlotta Guiducci, Paolo Martini, and Gerolamo Lanfranchi, “Overview of Micro- and Nano-Technology Tools for Stem Cell Applications: Mi cropatterned and Microelectronic Devices,” Sensors, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 15947–15982, 2012.
- S. Diemert, A.M. Dolga, S. Tobaben, J. Grohm, S. Pfeifer, E. Oexler, and C. Culmsee, “Impedance measurement for real time detection of neuronal cell death,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 203, no. 1, pp. 69–77, 2012.
- Marco Vergani, Martin Dufva, Maria Dimaki, Roberto Raiteri, Ulla Wollenberger, Jenny Emneus, Marco Sampietro, Marco Carminati, Giorgio Ferrari, Ettore Landini, Claudia Caviglia, Arto Heiskanen, Clément Comminges, Kinga Zor, and David Sabourin, “Multichannel bipotentiostat integrated with a microfluidic platform for electrochemical real-time monitoring of cell cultures,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 498–507, 2012.
- Hongjun Song, Yi Wang, Jenna M. Rosano, Balabhaskar Prabhakarpandian, Charles Garson, Kapil Pant, and Eva Lai, “A microfluidic impedance flow cytometer for identification of differentiation state of stem cells,” Lab on a Chip - Miniaturisation for Chemistry and Biology, vol. 13, no. 12, pp. 2300–2310, 2013.
- Khalil Heileman, Jamal Daoud, and Maryam Tabrizian, “Dielectric spectroscopy as a viable biosensing tool for cell and tissue characterization and analysis,” Biosensors & Bioelectronics, vol. 49, pp. 348–359, 2013.
- Frank A. Alexander Jr., Dorielle Tucker Price, and Shekhar Bhansali, “From cellular cultures to cellular spheroids: Is impedance spectroscopy a viable tool for monitoring multicellular spheroid (MCS) drug models?,” IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, vol. 6, pp. 63–76, 2013.
- Rimi Lee, Il-Sun Kim, Nalae Han, Seokhwan Yun, Kook In Park, and Kyung-Hwa Yoo, “Real-Time Discrimination between Proliferation and Neuronal and Astroglial Differentiation of Human Neural Stem Cells,” Scientific Reports, vol. 4, 2014.
- Carolina Allers, Janet A Jones, Gabriel P Lasala, and José J Minguell, “Mesenchymal stem cell therapy for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: signals for hope?,” Regenerative Medicine, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 637–647, 2014.
- Rangadhar Pradhan, Mahitosh Mandal, Analava Mitra, and Soumen Das, “Monitoring cellular activities of cancer cells using impedance sensing devices,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, vol. 193, pp. 478–483, 2014.
- Rangadhar Pradhan, Shashi Rajput, Mahitosh Mandal, Analava Mitra, and Soumen Das, “Electric cell-substrate impedance sensing technique to monitor cellular behaviours of cancer cells,” Rsc Advances, vol. 4, no. 19, pp. 9432–9438, 2014.
- Ji-Hyun Kim, Dong Wook Jekarl, Myungshin Kim, Eun-Jee Oh, Yonggoo Kim, In Yang Park, and Jong Chul Shin, “Effects of ECM Protein Mimetics on Adhesion and Proliferation of Chorion Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells,” International Journal of Medical Sciences, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 298–308, 2014.
- Min-Haw Wang, and Wen-Hao Chang, “Effect of Electrode Shape on Impedance of Single HeLa Cell: A COMSOL Simulation,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.
- Hongjun Song, Jenna M. Rosano, Yi Wang, Charles J. Garson, Balabhaskar Prabhakarpandian, Kapil Pant, George J. Klarmann, Alan Perantoni, Luis M. Alvarez, and Eva Lai, “Continuous-flow sorting of stem cells and differentiation products based on dielectrophoresis,” Lab On A Chip, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1320–1328, 2015.