- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 516042, 11 pages
Immunodiagnosis of Neurocysticercosis: Ways to Focus on the Challenge
Departamento de Immunología, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), A.P. 70228, Ciudad Universitaria, C.P. 04510 México City, DF, Mexico
Received 1 June 2011; Revised 22 August 2011; Accepted 23 August 2011
Academic Editor: Luis I. Terrazas
Copyright © 2011 M. Esquivel-Velázquez et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Silvia Rodriguez, Patricia Wilkins, and Pierre Dorny, “Immunological and molecular diagnosis of cysticercosis,” Pathogens and Global Health, vol. 106, no. 5, pp. 286–298, 2012.
- Hector H. Garcia, Silvia Rodriguez, Robert H. Gilman, Armando E. Gonzalez, and Victor C. W. Tsang, “Neurocysticercosis: is serology useful in the absence of brain imaging?,” Tropical Medicine & International Health, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 1014–1018, 2012.
- Karlen Gazarian, Merril Rowlay, Tatiana Gazarian, Jorge Enrique Vazquez Buchelli, and Marisela Hernández Gonzáles, “Mimotope peptides selected from phage display combinatorial library by serum antibodies of pigs experimentally infected with Taenia solium as leads to developing diagnostic antigens for human neurocysticercosis,” Peptides, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 381–388, 2012.
- Daniela da Silva Nunes, Henrique Tomaz Gonzaga, Vanessa da Silva Ribeiro, Jair Pereira da Cunha-Júnior, and Julia Maria Costa-Cruz, “Taenia saginata metacestode antigenic fractions obtained by ion-exchange chromatography: Potential source of immunodominant markers applicable in the immunodiagnosis of human neurocysticercosis,” Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 36–41, 2013.
- Bárbara Moguel, Raúl J. Bobes, Julio C. Carrero, and Juan P. Laclette, “Transfection of Platyhelminthes,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2015, pp. 1–9, 2015.