- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 535921, 10 pages
The Development and the Use of Experimental Animal Models to Study the Underlying Mechanisms of CA Formation
1Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Kawaharacho, Shogoin, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8501, Japan
2Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Konoe-cho Yoshida, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto 606-8315, Japan
Received 24 August 2010; Revised 6 November 2010; Accepted 13 December 2010
Academic Editor: Monica Fedele
Copyright © 2011 Tomohiro Aoki and Masaki Nishimura. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- M. J. Rowland, G. Hadjipavlou, M. Kelly, J. Westbrook, and K. T. S. Pattinson, “Delayed cerebral ischaemia after subarachnoid haemorrhage: looking beyond vasospasm,” British Journal Of Anaesthesia, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 315–329, 2012.
- Nohra Chalouhi, Muhammad S Ali, Pascal M Jabbour, Stavropoula I Tjoumakaris, L Fernando Gonzalez, Robert H Rosenwasser, Walter J Koch, and Aaron S Dumont, “Biology of intracranial aneurysms: role of inflammation,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, vol. 32, no. 9, pp. 1659–1676, 2012.
- Juhana Frosen, Riikka Tulamo, Anders Paetau, Elisa Laaksamo, Miikka Korja, Aki Laakso, Mika Niemela, and Juha Hernesniemi, “Saccular intracranial aneurysm: pathology and mechanisms,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 123, no. 6, pp. 773–786, 2012.
- Yugang Jiang, Mingming Zhang, Hua He, Jia Chen, Hua Zeng, and Ranhui Duan, “MicroRNA/mRNA profiling and regulatory network of intracranial aneurysm,” Bmc Medical Genomics, vol. 6, 2013.
- Max Mandelbaum, John Kolega, Jennifer M. Dolan, Adnan H. Siddiqui, and Hui Meng, “A Critical Role for Proinflammatory Behavior of Smooth Muscle Cells in Hemodynamic Initiation of Intracranial Aneurysm,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Xiutian Sima, Jianguo Xu, Jin Li, and Chao You, “ Association Between NFKB1 −94 Insertion/Deletion ATTG Polymorphism and Risk of Intracranial Aneurysm ,” Genetic Testing and Molecular Biomarkers, pp. 130515073145001, 2013.
- Joseph S Hudson, Danielle S Hoyne, and David M Hasan, “Inflammation and human cerebral aneurysms: current and future treatment prospects,” Future Neurology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 663–676, 2013.
- Tomohiro Aoki, Miyuki Fukuda, and Shuh Narumiya, “Chronic inflammation in intracranial aneurysm formation,” Inflammation and Regeneration, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 283–287, 2013.
- J. Wang, H. -Q. Tan, Y. -Q. Zhu, M. -H. Li, Z. -Z. Li, L. Yan, and Y. -S. Cheng, “Complex Hemodynamic Insult in Combination with Wall Degeneration at the Apex of an Arterial Bifurcation Contributes to Generation of Nascent Aneurysms in a Canine Model,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1805–1812, 2014.
- Yue-Qi Zhu, Ming-Hua Li, Lei Yan, Hua-Qiao Tan, and Ying-Sheng Cheng, “Arterial Wall Degeneration Plus Hemodynamic Insult Cause Arterial Wall Remodeling and Nascent Aneurysm Formation at Specific Sites in Dogs,” Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, vol. 73, no. 9, pp. 808–819, 2014.
- Riikka Tulamo, and Mika Niemela, “Smoking and Cerebral Aneurysms-Potential Pathobiologic Mechanisms,” World Neurosurgery, vol. 82, no. 1-2, pp. E79–E80, 2014.
- Jonatan Myrup Staalsø, Troels Edsen, Alexandros Kotinis, Bertil Romner, Jacob Bertram Springborg, and Niels Vidiendal Olsen, “ Association of the NOS3 intron-4 VNTR polymorphism with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage ,” Journal of Neurosurgery, pp. 1–6, 2014.
- Antti E. Lindgren, Mitja I. Kurki, Annamaija Riihinen, Timo Koivisto, Antti Ronkainen, Jaakko Rinne, Juha Hernesniemi, Johan G. Eriksson, Juha E. Jääskeläinen, and Mikael von und zu Fraunberg, “Hypertension predisposes to the formation of saccular intracranial aneurysms in 467 unruptured and 1053 ruptured patients in Eastern Finland,” Annals of Medicine, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Toshihiro Yokoi, Takahiro Isono, Makoto Saitoh, Yayoi Yoshimura, and Kazuhiko Nozaki, “Suppression of cerebral aneurysm formation in rats by a tumor necrosis factor–α inhibitor,” Journal of Neurosurgery, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Keiichi Tsuji, Tomohiro Aoki, Miyuki Fukuda, and Kazuhiko Nozaki, “Statins as a Candidate of Drugs for Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment,” Health, vol. 06, no. 12, pp. 1459–1466, 2014.
- Miyuki Fukuda, Tomohiro Aoki, Toshiaki Manabe, Akiko Maekawa, Takayuki Shirakawa, Hiroharu Kataoka, Yasushi Takagi, Susumu Miyamoto, and Shuh Narumiya, “Exacerbation of Intracranial Aneurysm and Aortic Dissection in Hypertensive Rat Treated With the Prostaglandin F–Receptor Antagonist AS604872,” Journal of Pharmacological Sciences, 2014.
- Daniel L. Cooke, Diana Bauer, Zhengda Sun, Carol Stillson, Jeffrey Nelson, David Barry, Steven W. Hetts, Randall T. Higashida, Christopher F. Dowd, Van V. Halbach, Hua Su, and Maythem M. Saeed, “Endovascular Biopsy: Technical Feasibility of Novel Endothelial Cell Harvesting Devices Assessed in a Rabbit Aneurysm Model,” Interventional Neuroradiology, vol. 21, pp. 0, 2015.