- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 541487, 7 pages
In Vitro Study on Apoptosis Induced by Strontium-89 in Human Breast Carcinoma Cell Line
1Department of Nuclear Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine,
Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310009, China
2Department of Nuclear Medicine, Taizhou Hospital, Taizhou, Zhejiang 317000, China
Received 30 December 2010; Revised 24 March 2011; Accepted 25 March 2011
Academic Editor: Zhen Cheng
Copyright © 2011 Cheng Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jemal, R. Siegel, E. Ward, T. Murray, J. Xu, and M. J. Thun, “Cancer statistics, 2007,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 43–66, 2007.
- M. Bralic, M. Muhvic-Urek, V. Stemberga et al., “Cell death and cell proliferation in mouse submandibular gland during early post-irradiation phase,” Acta Medica Okayama, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 153–159, 2005.
- C. Fournier and G. Taucher-Scholz, “Radiation induced cell cycle arrest: an overview of specific effects following high-LET exposure,” Radiotherapy and Oncology, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. S119–S122, 2004.
- C. Friesen, A. Lubatschofski, J. Kotzerke, I. Buchmann, S. N. Reske, and K. M. Debatin, “Beta-irradiation used for systemic radioimmunotherapy induces apoptosis and activates apoptosis pathways in leukaemia cells,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1251–1261, 2003.
- J. Milner, “DNA damage, p53 and anticancer therapies,” Nature Medicine, vol. 1, no. 9, pp. 879–880, 1995.
- N. A. Scott, I. R. Crocker, Q. Yin, D. Sorescu, J. N. Wilcox, and K. K. Griendling, “Inhibition of vascular cell growth by X-ray irradiation: comparison with gamma radiation and mechanism of action,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 485–493, 2001.
- A. Sak, R. Wurm, B. Elo et al., “Increased radiation-induced apoptosis and altered cell cycle progression of human lung cancer cell lines by antisense oligodeoxynucleotides targeting p53 and p,” Cancer Gene Therapy, vol. 10, no. 12, pp. 926–934, 2003.
- T. Suda, T. Takahashi, P. Golstein, and S. Nagata, “Molecular cloning and expression of the Fas ligand, a novel member of the tumor necrosis factor family,” Cell, vol. 75, no. 6, pp. 1169–1178, 1993.
- K. Y. Jen and V. G. Cheung, “Identification of novel p53 target genes in ionizing radiation response,” Cancer Research, vol. 65, no. 17, pp. 7666–7673, 2005.
- B. Fischer, S. Benzina, P. Jeannequin et al., “Fast neutrons-induced apoptosis is Fas-independent in lymphoblastoid cells,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 334, no. 2, pp. 533–542, 2005.
- K. Viktorsson, L. De Petris, and R. Lewensohn, “The role of p53 in treatment responses of lung cancer,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 331, no. 3, pp. 868–880, 2005.
- T. Hara, M. Omura-Minamisawa, C. Chao, Y. Nakagami, M. Ito, and T. Inoue, “Bcl-2 inhibitors potentiate the cytotoxic effects of radiation in Bcl-2 overexpressing radioresistant tumor cells,” International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 517–528, 2005.
- J. Wendt, C. von Haefen, P. Hemmati, C. Belka, B. Dörken, and P. T. Daniel, “TRAIL sensitizes for ionizing irradiation-induced apoptosis through an entirely Bax-dependent mitochondrial cell death pathway,” Oncogene, vol. 24, no. 25, pp. 4052–4064, 2005.
- I. M. Ghobrial, T. E. Witzig, and A. A. Adjei, “Targeting apoptosis pathways in cancer therapy,” Ca-A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 178–194, 2005.
- T. Hamasu, O. Inanami, T. Asanuma, and M. Kuwabara, “Enhanced induction of apoptosis by combined treatment of human carcinoma cells with X rays and death receptor agonists,” Journal of Radiation Research, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 103–110, 2005.
- M. E. Szperka, E. E. Connor, M. J. Paape, J. L. Williams, and D. D. Bannerman, “Characterization of bovine FAS-associated death domain gene,” Animal Genetics, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 63–66, 2005.
- A. Semont, E. B. Nowak, C. Silva Lages et al., “Involvement of p53 and Fas/CD95 in murine neural progenitor cell response to ionizing irradiation,” Oncogene, vol. 23, no. 52, pp. 8497–8508, 2004.
- S. J. Chmura, E. Nodzenski, M. A. Beckett, D. W. Kufe, J. Quintans, and R. R. Weichselbaum, “Loss of ceramide production confers resistance to radiation-induced apoptosis,” Cancer Research, vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 1270–1275, 1997.
- K. Cain, S. B. Bratton, C. Langlais et al., “Apaf-1 oligomerizes into biologically active ~700-kDa and inactive ~1.4-MDa apoptosome complexes,” The Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 9, pp. 6067–6070, 2000.
- J. Zhang, C. Hong, and S. Zhu, “The characteristics and mechanism of apoptosis in K562 cells induced by radionuclides strontium-89,” Journal of Radiation Research and Radiation Progressing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 416–418, 2003.