- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 549107, 14 pages
Current Concepts: Mouse Models of Sjögren's Syndrome
1Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, P.O. Box 100424, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
2Center for Orphan Autoimmune Disorders, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, P.O. Box 100424, 1600 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
3Eli and Edythe L. Broad Institute, 7 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
4Department of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, E25-545, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Received 16 September 2010; Accepted 10 November 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Tegan N. Lavoie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [19 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eduardo M. Rocha, Giovanni Di Pasquale, Paola Perez Riveros, Kathrina Quinn, Beverly Handelman, and John A. Chiorini, “Transduction, Tropism, and Biodistribution of AAV Vectors in the Lacrimal Gland,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 52, no. 13, pp. 9567–9572, 2011.
- Roy A. Fava, Susan M. Kennedy, Sheryl G. Wood, Anne I. Bolstad, Jadwiga Bienkowska, Adrian Papandile, John A. Kelly, Clio P. Mavragani, Margaret Gatumu, Kathrine Skarstein, and Jeffrey L. Browning, “Lymphotoxin-beta receptor blockade reduces CXCL13 in lacrimal glands and improves corneal integrity in the NOD model of Sjogren's syndrome,” Arthritis Research & Therapy, vol. 13, no. 6, 2011.
- Carlo Selmi, Pier Luigi Meroni, and M. Eric Gershwin, “Primary binary cirrhosis and Sjogren's syndrome: Autoimmune epithelitis,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 39, no. 1-2, pp. 34–42, 2012.
- T Fukushima, T Nashida, M Haga-Tsujimura, and I Mataga, “Chitinase expression in parotid glands of non-obese diabetic mice,” Oral Diseases, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 506–512, 2012.
- S. Decani, E. Baruzzi, I. Marziali, and M. Tarozzi, “Xerostomia: dall’eziologia al trattamento,” Dental Cadmos, vol. 80, no. 10, pp. 568–594, 2012.
- G. R. Betton, “A review of the toxicology and pathology of the gastrointestinal tract,” Cell Biology and Toxicology, 2013.
- Lian Tan, and Han-Ping Xie, “Evaluation of dry eye syndrom in C57BL/6. NOD-Aec1Aec2 mice,” Zhonghua Shiyan Yanke Zazhi/Chinese Journal of Experimental Ophthalmology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 339–346, 2013.
- Lian Tan, and Han-Ping Xie, “Progress of inflammation mediated by T cell in dry eye disease pathogenesis,” International Eye Science, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 485–488, 2013.
- Cuong Q. Nguyen, Adebola O. Ogunniyi, Afife Karabiyik, and J. Christopher Love, “Single-Cell Analysis Reveals Isotype-Specific Autoreactive B Cell Repertoires in Sjögren's Syndrome,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Na Li, Xinguo Deng, Yang Gao, Shihua Zhang, Meifeng He, and Dongqing Zhao, “Establishment of the mild, moderate and severe dry eye models using three methods in rabbits,” Bmc Ophthalmology, vol. 13, 2013.
- Rieko Arakaki, Hiroshi Eguchi, Akiko Yamada, Yasusei Kudo, Akihiko Iwasa, Tserennadmid Enkhmaa, Fumika Hotta, Sayaka Mitamura-Aizawa, Yoshinori Mitamura, Yoshio Hayashi, and Naozumi Ishimaru, “Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Rebamipide Eyedrop Administration on Ocular Lesions in a Murine Model of Primary Sjogren's Syndrome,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014.
- Amy Donate, Alexandria Voigt, and Cuong Q Nguyen, “The value of animal models to study immunopathology of primary human Sjögren's syndrome symptoms,” Expert Review of Clinical Immunology, pp. 1–13, 2014.
- Joanna Kern, Robert Drutel, Silvia Leanhart, Marek Bogacz, and Rafal Pacholczyk, “Reduction of T Cell Receptor Diversity in NOD Mice Prevents Development of Type 1 Diabetes but Not Sjogren's Syndrome,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014.
- Alireza G. Senejani, Yanfeng Liu, Dawit Kidane, Stephen E. Maher, Caroline J. Zeiss, Hong-Jae Park, Michael Kashgarian, Jennifer M. McNiff, Daniel Zelterman, and Alfred L. M. Bothwell, “Mutation of POLB Causes Lupus in Mice,” Cell Reports, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- Elise M. Gervais, Kara A. Desantis, Nicholas Pagendarm, Deirdre A. Nelson, Tone Enger, Kathrine Skarstein, Janicke Liaaen Jensen, and Melinda Larsen, “Changes in the Submandibular Salivary Gland Epithelial Cell Subpopulations During Progression of Sjögren's Syndrome-Like Disease in the NOD/ShiLtJ Mouse Model,” The Anatomical Record, 2015.
- Lakshmanan Suresh, Kishore Malyavantham, Long Shen, and Julian L Ambrus, “Investigation of novel autoantibodies in Sjogren’s syndrome utilizing Sera from the Sjogren’s international collaborative clinical alliance cohort,” BMC Ophthalmology, vol. 15, no. 1, 2015.
- Alexandria Voigt, Lida Esfandiary, and Cuong Q. Nguyen, “Sexual dimorphism in an animal model of Sjogren's syndrome: a potential role for Th17 cells,” Biology Open, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 1410–1419, 2015.
- Sehba Husain-Krautter, Jill M. Kramer, Wentian Li, Benchang Guo, and Thomas L. Rothstein, “The Osteopontin Transgenic Mouse is a New Model for Sjögren’s Syndrome,” Clinical Immunology, 2015.
- A. J. May, L. Chatzeli, G. B. Proctor, and A. S. Tucker, “Salivary Gland Dysplasia in Fgf10 Heterozygous Mice: A New Mouse Model of Xerostomia,” Current Molecular Medicine, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 674–682, 2015.