- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 597145, 7 pages
Next-Generation Sequencing of MicroRNAs for Breast Cancer Detection
1State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Southeast University, Sipailou 2, Nanjing 210096, China
2Department of Hygienic Analysis and Detection, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 20 January 2011; Revised 14 March 2011; Accepted 24 March 2011
Academic Editor: Ayman El-Kadi
Copyright © 2011 Qian Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [38 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- D. J. Studholme, “Deep sequencing of small RNAs in plants: applied bioinformatics,” Briefings in Functional Genomics, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 71–85, 2011.
- Pablo Menéndez, Pedro Villarejo, David Padilla, José M. Menéndez, and Jose A. Rodríguez Montes, “Diagnostic and prognostic significance of serum MicroRNAs in colorectal cancer,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 217–220, 2012.
- Jian Zhang, Huadong Zhao, Yuan Gao, and Wei Zhang, “Secretory miRNAs as novel cancer biomarkers,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Reviews on Cancer, vol. 1826, no. 1, pp. 32–43, 2012.
- Qian Wu, Chao Wang, Zuhong Lu, Li Guo, and Qinyu Ge, “Analysis of serum genome-wide microRNAs for breast cancer detection,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 413, no. 13-14, pp. 1058–1065, 2012.
- Ritu Jaiswal, Frederick Luk, Joyce Gong, Jean-Marie Mathys, Georges Emile R. Grau, and Mary Bebawy, “Microparticle conferred microRNA profiles - implications in the transfer and dominance of cancer traits,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 11, 2012.
- Huijuan Wang, Pengjun Zhang, Weijun Chen, Dan Feng, Yanhong Jia, and Lixin Xie, “Serum MicroRNA Signatures Identified by Solexa Sequencing Predict Sepsis Patients' Mortality: A Prospective Observational Study,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 6, 2012.
- Ruimin Ma, Tao Jiang, and Xixiong Kang, “Circulating microRNAs in cancer: origin, function and application,” Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 31, 2012.
- N.D. Walter, L. Bemis, M. Edwards, A.R. Ovrutsky, and E.D. Chan, “Need for rigor in design, reporting, and interpretation of transcriptomic biomarker studies,” Journal of Clinical Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 4190–4191, 2012.
- Kang Kang, Yi Yang, Jun Luo, Deming Gou, Xiaoying Zhang, Hongtao Liu, Zhiwei Wang, Jiasheng Zhong, Zhenting Huang, Xiao Peng, Yan Zeng, and Yuna Wang, “A Novel Real-Time PCR Assay of microRNAs Using S-Poly(T), a Specific Oligo(dT) Reverse Transcription Primer with Excellent Sensitivity and Specificity,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 11, 2012.
- Michael G. Schrauder, Reiner Strick, Ruediger Schulz-Wendtland, Pamela L. Strissel, Laura Kahmann, Christian R. Loehberg, Michael P. Lux, Sebastian M. Jud, Arndt Hartmann, Alexander Hein, Christian M. Bayer, Mayada R. Bani, Swetlana Richter, Boris R. Adamietz, Evelyn Wenkel, Claudia Rauh, Matthias W. Beckmann, and Peter A. Fasching, “Circulating Micro-RNAs as Potential Blood-Based Markers for Early Stage Breast Cancer Detection,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 1, 2012.
- Kang Kang, Xiao Peng, Jun Luo, and Deming Gou, “Identification of circulating miRNA biomarkers based on global quantitative real-time PCR profiling,” Journal of Animal Science and Biotechnology, vol. 3, 2012.
- Maria Angelica Cortez, James William Welsh, and George Adrian Calin, “Circulating MicroRNAs as noninvasive biomarkers in breast cancer,” Recent Results in Cancer Research, vol. 195, pp. 151–161, 2012.
- Tekiner, and Basaga, “Role of microRNA deregulation in breast cancer cell chemoresistance and stemness,” Current Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 20, no. 27, pp. 3358–3369, 2013.
- Junying Chen, Li Li, Fengyi Long, Desheng Yao, Yue Li, Hong Chen, Chanjuan He, Nan Ding, Yan Lu, Tingyu Ou, and Shan Zhao, “Serum microRNA expression levels can predict lymph node metastasis in patients with early-stage cervical squamous cell carcinoma,” International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 557–567, 2013.
- Maurice Chan, Chiew Suan Liaw, Shen Mo Ji, Hwee Huang Tan, Chow Yin Wong, Aye Aye Thike, Puay Hoon Tan, Gay Hui Ho, and Ann Siew-Gek Lee, “Identification of circulating microRNA signatures for breast cancer detection,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 19, no. 16, pp. 4477–4487, 2013.
- Xing, Kang, Qi, Luo, Li, Czajkowsky, and Zhao, “Isolation and identification of exosomes from breast cancer cells,” Tumor, vol. 33, no. 7, pp. 581–596, 2013.
- Yanning Ma, Xian Wang, and Hongchuan Jin, “Methylated DNA and microRNA in body fluids as biomarkers for cancer detection,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 10307–10331, 2013.
- Li Gao, Jinke Liang, Jingjie Cui, Yang Zhou, Liang Chen, Chunxia Zhang, Keping Chen, Chaoqun Lian, Lihua Li, and Hong Li, “A strategy for sequencing based on rolling-circle amplification on a microarray,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 615–620, 2013.
- Karin Koller, Suman Das, Ivo Leuschner, Melanie Korbelius, Gerald Hoefler, and Barbara Guertl, “Identification of the transcription factor HOXB4 as a novel target of miR-23a,” Genes, Chromosomes and Cancer, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 709–715, 2013.
- Hitchintan Kaur, Shihong Mao, Seema Shah, David H Gorski, Stephen A Krawetz, Bonnie F Sloane, and Raymond R Mattingly, “ Next-generation sequencing: a powerful tool for the discovery of molecular markers in breast ductal carcinoma in situ ,” Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 151–165, 2013.
- Rom S. Leidner, Li Li, and Cheryl L. Thompson, “Dampening Enthusiasm for Circulating MicroRNA in Breast Cancer,” PLoS ONE, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Jun Shen, Sanford A. Stass, and Feng Jiang, “MicroRNAs as potential biomarkers in human solid tumors,” Cancer Letters, vol. 329, no. 2, pp. 125–136, 2013.
- Kai-Oliver Mutz, Alexandra Heilkenbrinker, Maren Lönne, Johanna-Gabriela Walter, and Frank Stahl, “Transcriptome analysis using next-generation sequencing,” Current Opinion in Biotechnology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 22–30, 2013.
- Qian Wu, Chao Wang, Li Guo, Qinyu Ge, and Zuhong Lu, “Identification and characterization of novel microRNA candidates from deep sequencing,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 415, pp. 239–244, 2013.
- Yong Huang, Xiang Chao Cheng, You Bing Yang, Xiao Hui Zhang, Xue Li Yu, and Zhan Bin Wang, “MicroRNA-21 gene and cancer,” Medical Oncology, vol. 30, no. 1, 2013.
- Mengmeng Lv, Xingya Zhu, Weixian Chen, Jianhua Zhao, and Jinhai Tang, “Searching for candidate microRNA biomarkers in detection of breast cancer: A meta-analysis,” Cancer Biomarkers, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 395–401, 2013.
- Madhu Beta, Nalini Venkatesan, Madavan Vasudevan, Umashankar Vetrivel, Vikas Khetan, and Subramanian Krishnakumar, “Identification and insilico analysis of retinoblastoma serum microRNA profile and gene targets towards prediction of novel serum biomarkers,” Bioinformatics and Biology Insights, vol. 7, pp. 21–34, 2013.
- F. Schmalfuss, and P.L. Kolominsky-Rabas, “Personalized medicine in screening for malignant disease: A review of methods and applications,” Biomarker Insights, vol. 8, pp. 9–14, 2013.
- Annette R. Kodahl, Pernille Zeuthen, Harald Binder, Ann S. Knoop, and Henrik J. Ditzel, “Alterations in Circulating miRNA Levels following Early-Stage Estrogen Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer Resection in Post-Menopausal Women,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Susana Campuzano, Rebeca M. Torrente-Rodriguez, Eva Lopez-Hernandez, Felipe Conzuelo, Rosario Granados, Jose M. Sanchez-Puelles, and Jose M. Pingarron, “Magnetobiosensors Based on Viral Protein p19 for MicroRNA Determination in Cancer Cells and Tissues,” Angewandte Chemie-International Edition, vol. 53, no. 24, pp. 6168–6171, 2014.
- Mehmet Seven, Omer Faruk Karatas, Mehmet Bugrahan Duz, and Mustafa Ozen, “The role of miRNAs in cancer: from pathogenesis to therapeutic implications,” Future Oncology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 1027–1048, 2014.
- Massimo Donadelli, Ilaria Dando, Claudia Fiorini, and Marta Palmieri, “Regulation of miR-23b expression and its dual role on ROS production and tumour development,” Cancer Letters, 2014.
- Annette R. Kodahl, Maria B. Lyng, Harald Binder, Søren Cold, Karina Gravgaard, Ann S. Knoop, and Henrik J. Ditzel, “Novel circulating microRNA signature as a potential non-invasive multi-marker test in ER-positive early-stage breast cancer: A case control study,” Molecular Oncology, 2014.
- Jin Wang, Ke-Yong Zhang, Song-Mei Liu, and Subrata Sen, “Tumor-Associated Circulating MicroRNAs as Biomarkers of Cancer,” Molecules, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 1912–1938, 2014.
- Jia-Yuan Chang, Mei-Yin Chang, Yi-Lin Wu, and Fong-Jia Syu, “Development of a miRNA biochip platform,” Biomarkers and Genomic Medicine, 2014.
- Richard Ottman, C Camha Nguyen, Robert Lorch, and Ratna Chakrabarti, “MicroRNA expressions associated with progression of prostate cancer cells to antiandrogen therapy resistance,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 13, 2014.
- Rosamaria Pinto, Simona De Summa, Daniela Petriella, Oana Tudoran, Katia Danza, and Stefania Tommasi, “The value of new high-throughput technologies for diagnosis and prognosis in solid tumors,” Cancer Biomarkers, vol. 14, no. 2-3, pp. 103–117, 2014.
- Ting Ji, Zhi-Guo Zheng, Feng-Mei Wang, Li-Jian Xu, Lu-Feng Li, Qi-Hui Cheng, Jiang-Feng Guo, and Xian-Feng Ding, “Differential microRNA Expression by Solexa Sequencing in the Sera of Ovarian Cancer Patients,” Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1739–1743, 2014.