- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 597145, 7 pages
Next-Generation Sequencing of MicroRNAs for Breast Cancer Detection
1State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Southeast University, Sipailou 2, Nanjing 210096, China
2Department of Hygienic Analysis and Detection, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, China
Received 20 January 2011; Revised 14 March 2011; Accepted 24 March 2011
Academic Editor: Ayman El-Kadi
Copyright © 2011 Qian Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Lu, G. Getz, E. A. Miska et al., “MicroRNA expression profiles classify human cancers,” Nature, vol. 435, no. 7043, pp. 834–838, 2005.
- R. I. Gregory and R. Shiekhattar, “MicroRNA biogenesis and cancer,” Cancer Research, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 3509–3512, 2005.
- G. A. Calin and C. M. Croce, “MicroRNA signatures in human cancers,” Nature Reviews Cancer, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 857–866, 2006.
- S. Volinia, G. A. Calin, C. G. Liu et al., “A microRNA expression signature of human solid tumors defines cancer gene targets,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 103, no. 7, pp. 2257–2261, 2006.
- M. Eder and M. Scherr, “MicroRNA and lung cancer,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 352, no. 23, pp. 2446–2448, 2005.
- S. Roessler, A. Budhu, and X. W. Wang, “Future of molecular profiling of human hepatocellular carcinoma,” Future Oncology, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 429–439, 2007.
- M. V. Iorio, R. Visone, G. Di Leva et al., “MicroRNA signatures in human ovarian cancer,” Cancer Research, vol. 67, no. 18, pp. 8699–8707, 2007.
- C. H. Lawrie, S. Gal, H. M. Dunlop et al., “Detection of elevated levels of tumour-associated microRNAs in serum of patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma,” British Journal of Haematology, vol. 141, no. 5, pp. 672–675, 2008.
- S. S. Chim, T. K. Shing, E. C. Hung et al., “Detection and characterization of placental microRNAs in maternal plasma,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 482–490, 2008.
- P. S. Mitchell, R. K. Parkin, E. M. Kroh et al., “Circulating microRNAs as stable blood-based markers for cancer detection,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 105, no. 30, pp. 10513–10518, 2008.
- S. Gilad, E. Meiri, Y. Yogev et al., “Serum microRNAs are promising novel biomarkers,” PLoS ONE, vol. 3, no. 9, Article ID e3148, 2008.
- X. Chen, Y. Ba, L. Ma et al., “Characterization of microRNAs in serum: a novel class of biomarkers for diagnosis of cancer and other diseases,” Cell Research, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 997–1006, 2008.
- D. D. Taylor and C. Gercel-Taylor, “MicroRNA signatures of tumor-derived exosomes as diagnostic biomarkers of ovarian cancer,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 110, no. 1, pp. 13–21, 2008.
- E. K. Ng, W. W. Chong, H. Jin et al., “Differential expression of microRNAs in plasma of patients with colorectal cancer: a potential marker for colorectal cancer screening,” Gut, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 1375–1381, 2009.
- K. J. Livak and T. D. Schmittgen, “Analysis of relative gene expression data using real-time quantitative PCR and the Method,” Methods, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 402–408, 2001.
- M. L. Si, S. Zhu, H. Wu, Z. Lu, F. Wu, and Y. Y. Mo, “miR-21-mediated tumor growth,” Oncogene, vol. 26, no. 19, pp. 2799–2803, 2007.
- S. Zhu, H. Wu, F. Wu, D. Nie, S. Sheng, and Y. Y. Mo, “MicroRNA-21 targets tumor suppressor genes in invasion and metastasis,” Cell Research, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 350–359, 2008.
- S. Zhu, M. L. Si, H. Wu, and Y. Y. Mo, “MicroRNA-21 targets the tumor suppressor gene tropomyosin 1 (TPM1),” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 282, no. 19, pp. 14328–14336, 2007.
- Z. Lu, M. Liu, V. Stribinskis et al., “MicroRNA-21 promotes cell transformation by targeting the programmed cell death 4 gene,” Oncogene, vol. 27, no. 31, pp. 4373–4379, 2008.
- L. B. Frankel, N. R. Christoffersen, A. Jacobsen, M. Lindow, A. Krogh, and A. H. Lund, “Programmed cell death 4 (PDCD4) is an important functional target of the microRNA miR-21 in breast cancer cells,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 283, no. 2, pp. 1026–1033, 2008.
- C. A. Gebeshuber, K. Zatloukal, and J. Martinez, “miR-29a suppresses tristetraprolin, which is a regulator of epithelial polarity and metastasis,” EMBO Reports, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 400–405, 2009.
- F. Meng, R. Henson, H. Wehbe-Janek, K. Ghoshal, S. T. Jacob, and T. Patel, “MicroRNA-21 regulates expression of the PTEN tumor suppressor gene in human hepatocellular cancer,” Gastroenterology, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 647–658, 2007.
- Z. Hu, X. Chen, Y. Zhao et al., “Serum microRNA signatures identified in a genome-wide serum microRNA expression profiling predict survival of non-small-cell lung cancer,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 10, pp. 1721–1726, 2010.
- Y. Qi, J. Tu, L. Cui, et al., “High-throughput sequencing of microRNAs in adenovirus type 3 infected human laryngeal epithelial cells,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2010, Article ID 915980, 2010.
- J. H. Schulte, T. Marschall, M. Martin, et al., “Deep sequencing reveals differential expression of microRNAs in favorable versus unfavorable neuroblastoma,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 17, pp. 5919–5928, 2010.
- W. Zhu, W. Qin, U. Atasoy, and E. R. Sauter, “Circulating microRNAs in breast cancer and healthy subjects,” BMC Research Notes, vol. 2, Article ID 89, 2009.
- F. Wang, Z. Zheng, J. Guo, and X. Ding, “Correlation and quantitation of microRNA aberrant expression in tissues and sera from patients with breast tumor,” Gynecologic Oncology, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 586–593, 2010.