- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 609813, 6 pages
Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy
1Department of Pediatrics, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, Taiwan
2Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, No. 100, Zihyou 1st Road, Sanmin District Kaohsiung City 807, Taiwan
3Center of Excellence for Environmental Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
4Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5Department of Marine Biotechnology and Resources, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Received 15 September 2010; Accepted 8 November 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Ming-Chi Lai and San-Nan Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [36 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Zhankui Li, Ruilin Li, Baoshan Su, Shaoping Huang, and Jianping Zhou, “Hypothermic intervention for 3 hours inhibits apoptosis in neonatal rats wi th hypoxic-ischemic brain damage,” Neural Regeneration Research, vol. 6, no. 22, pp. 1709–1714, 2011.
- Radenka Kuzmanic Samija, Dragan Primorac, Biserka Resic, Bernarda Lozic, Vjekoslav Krzelj, Maja Tomasovic, Eugenio Stoini, Ljubo Samanovic, Benjamin Benzon, Marina Pehlic, Vesna Boraska, and Tatijana Zemunik, “Association of NOS3 tag polymorphisms with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy,” Croatian Medical Journal, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 396–402, 2011.
- Zhao Zhong Chong, Jinling Hou, Yan Chen Shang, Shaohui Wang, and Kenneth Maiese, “EPO relies upon novel signaling of Wnt1 that requires Akt1, FoxO3a, GSK-3β, and βcatenin to foster vascular integrity during experimental diabetes,” Current Neurovascular Research, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 103–120, 2011.
- Hua Wang, Ying Xiong, and Dezhi Mu, “PirB restricts neuronal regeneration in developing rat brain following hypoxia-ischemia,” Molecular Medicine Reports, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 339–344, 2012.
- Serafina Perrone, Giovanni Turrisi, Walter Balduini, Giuseppe Buonocore, and Boris W. Kramer, “New Pharmacological Approaches in Infants with Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 18, no. 21, pp. 3086–3100, 2012.
- Leon Teo, Jeffrey V. Rosenfeld, and James A. Bourne, “Models of CNS injury in the nonhuman primate: A new era for treatment strategies,” Translational Neuroscience, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 181–195, 2012.
- Mehwish A. Mirza, Lori Capozzi, Yan Xu, Louise D. McCullough, and Fudong Liu, “Knockout of Vascular Early Response Gene Worsens Chronic Stroke Outcomes in Neonatal Mice,” Brain Research Bulletin, 2013.
- Fudong Liu, and Louise D McCullough, “Inflammatory responses in hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy,” Acta Pharmacologica Sinica, 2013.
- Victor Camera Pimentel, Vera Maria Morsch, Maria Beatriz Moretto, Mariana Colino-Oliveira, Ana Maria Sebastião, Maria Rosa Chitolina Schetinger, Daniela Zanini, Andréia MacHado Cardoso, Roberta Schmatz, Margarete Dulce Bagatini, Jessié Martins Gutierres, Fabiano Carvalho, Jéssica Lopes Gomes, and Maribel Rubin, “Hypoxia-ischemia alters nucleotide and nucleoside catabolism and Na +,K+-ATPase activity in the cerebral cortex of newborn rats,” Neurochemical Research, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 886–894, 2013.
- Michelle Alexander, Haley Garbus, Amanda L. Smith, and R. Holly Fitch, “Cell size anomalies in the auditory thalamus of rats with hypoxic-ischemic injury on postnatal day 3 or 7,” International Journal of Developmental Neuroscience, 2013.
- Dominique Biarent, Christine Fonteyne, Ariane Willems, and Audrey Dupont, “Post-cardiac arrest syndrome in children,” Current Pediatric Reviews, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 125–133, 2013.
- Sergio G. Benitez, Analia E. Castro, Sean I. Patterson, Estela M. Munoz, and Alicia M. Seltzer, “Hypoxic Preconditioning Differentially Affects GABAergic and Glutamatergic Neuronal Cells in the Injured Cerebellum of the Neonatal Rat,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 7, 2014.
- Carmen K. Cederholm, and C. Michael Cotten, “Therapeutic Hypothermia for Treatment of Neonatal Encephalopathy: Current Research and Nursing Care,” Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 77–81, 2014.
- Eva MF Brekke, Tora S Morken, Marius Widerøe, Asta K Håberg, Ann-Mari Brubakk, and Ursula Sonnewald, “The pentose phosphate pathway and pyruvate carboxylation after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury,” Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow & Metabolism, 2014.
- Pradilka N. Drunalini Perera, Qin Hu, Junjia Tang, Li Li, Margaret Barnhart, Desislava M. Doycheva, John H. Zhang, and Jiping Tang, “Delayed Remote Ischemic Postconditioning Improves Long Term Sensory Motor Deficits in a Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Rat Model,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.
- Saadat Arif Huseynova, Nushaba Farkhad Panakhova, Pusta Ali Orujova, Safikhan Shamil Hasanov, Mehman Rustam Guliyev, and Vafa Ilyas Yagubova, “Altered endothelial nitric oxide synthesis in preterm and small for gestational age infants,” Pediatrics International, 2014.
- Angela Navarrete-Opazo, and Gordon S. Mitchell, “Therapeutic potential of intermittent hypoxia: a matter of dose,” American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory Integrative and Comparative Physi, vol. 307, no. 10, pp. R1181–R1197, 2014.
- Yun Shang, Lina Mu, Xixia Guo, Yuhua Li, Limin Wang, Weihong Yang, Shujun Li, and Qiong Shen, “Clinical significance of interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein in neonates with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy,” Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 1259–1262, 2014.
- Brandon J. Dixon, Cesar Reis, Wing Mann Ho, Jiping Tang, and John H. Zhang, “Neuroprotective Strategies after Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 22368–22401, 2015.
- Hongyan Lv, Qiuli Wang, Sujing Wu, Lihong Yang, Pengshun Ren, Yihui Yang, Jinsheng Gao, and Lianxiang Li, “Neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy-related biomarkers in serum and cerebrospinal fluid,” Clinica Chimica Acta, 2015.
- Nichola Z. Lax, Charlotte L. Alston, Katherine Schon, Soo-Mi Park, Deepa Krishnakumar, Langping He, Gavin Falkous, Amanda Ogilvy-Stuart, Christoph Lees, Rosalind H. King, Iain P. Hargreaves, Garry K. Brown, Robert McFarland, Andrew F. Dean, and Robert W. Taylor, “Neuropathologic Characterization of Pontocerebellar Hypoplasia Type 6 Associated With Cardiomyopathy and Hydrops Fetalis and Severe Multisystem Respiratory Chain Deficiency due to Novel RARS2 Mutations,” Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, vol. 74, no. 7, pp. 688–703, 2015.
- Nicole J. Lake, Matthew J. Bird, Pirjo Isohanni, and Anders Paetau, “Leigh Syndrome,” Journal of Neuropathology & Experimental Neurology, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 482–492, 2015.
- Md. Abdul Awal, Melissa M. Lai, Ghasem Azemi, Boualem Boashash, and Paul B. Colditz, “,” Clinical Neurophysiology, 2015.
- Jiyong Zhang, Grazyna B. Sadowska, Xiaodi Chen, Seon Yeong Park, Jeong-Eun Kim, Courtney A. Bodge, Erin Cummings, Yow-Pin Lim, Oleksandr Makeyev, Walter G. Besio, John Gaitanis, William A. Banks, and Barbara S. Stonestreet, “Anti-IL-6 neutralizing antibody modulates blood-brain barrier function in the ovine fetus,” Faseb Journal, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1739–1753, 2015.
- Monica T. Ly, Tania U. Nanavati, Christopher A. Frum, and Paola Pergami, “Comparing tract-based spatial statistics and manual region-of-Interest labeling as diffusion analysis methods to detect white matter abnormalities in infants with hypoxic-Ischemic encephalopathy,” Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging, 2015.
- Chaoyun Li, and Hermann Schluesener, “Health-promoting Effects of the Citrus Flavanone Hesperidin,” Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, pp. 00–00, 2015.
- Tania Nanavati, Nirupama Seemaladinne, Michael Regier, Panitan Yossuck, and Paola Pergami, “Can We Predict Functional Outcome in Neonates with Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy by the Combination of Neuroimaging and Electroencephalography?,” Pediatrics & Neonatology, 2015.
- Juan Ignacio Romero, Eva-Maria Hanschmann, Manuela Gellert, Susanne Eitner, Mariana Inés Holubiec, Eduardo Blanco-Calvo, Christopher Horst Lillig, and Francisco Capani, “Thioredoxin 1 and glutaredoxin 2 contribute to maintain the phenotype and integrity of neurons following perinatal asphyxia,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - General Subjects, 2015.
- Mehwish A. Mirza, Rodney Ritzel, Yan Xu, Louise D. McCullough, and Fudong Liu, “Sexually dimorphic outcomes and inflammatory responses in hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy,” Journal Of Neuroinflammation, vol. 12, 2015.
- De-Ann M. Pillers, and Georgia Ditzenberger, “Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE): A Review for the Bedside Nurse of a Complex Clinical Problem,” Newborn and Infant Nursing Reviews, 2015.
- Hongfang Ding, Hui Zhang, Huifang Ding, Dong Li, Xinhao Yi, Xiaoxu Ma, Ruijuan Li, Mei Huang, and Xiuli Ju, “Transplantation of placenta-derived mesenchymal stem cells reduces hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in rats by ameliorating the inflammatory response,” Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2015.
- Olatz Arteaga, Miren Revuelta, Leyre Urigueen, Antonia Alvarez, Haizea Montalvo, and Enrique Hilario, “Pretreatment with Resveratrol Prevents Neuronal Injury and Cognitive Deficits Induced by Perinatal Hypoxia-Ischemia in Rats,” PLoS One, vol. 10, no. 11, 2015.
- Abdel-Azeem M. El-Mazary, Reem A. Abdel- Aziz, Ramadan A. Mahmoud, Mostafa A. El-Said, and Nashwa R. Mohammed, “Correlations between maternal and neonatal serum selenium levels in full term neonates with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy,” Italian Journal of Pediatrics, vol. 41, no. 1, 2015.
- Turkan Koyuncuoglu, Mesut Turkyilmaz, Bulent Goren, Merih Cetinkaya, Mehmet Cansev, and Tulin Alkan, “Uridine protects against hypoxic-ischemic brain injury by reducing histone deacetylase activity in neonatal rats,” Restorative Neurology and Neuroscience, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 777–784, 2015.
- Katarina Esih, Katja Goričar, Vita Dolžan, and Zvonka Rener-Primec, “The association between antioxidant enzyme polymorphisms and cerebral palsy after perinatal hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy,” European Journal of Paediatric Neurology, 2016.
- Consuelo Chafer-Pericas, María Cernada, Leena Rahkonen, Vedran Stefanovic, Sture Andersson, and Máximo Vento, “Preliminary case control study to establish the correlation between novel peroxidation biomarkers in cord serum and the severity of hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, 2016.