- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 675701, 8 pages
Investigation of a Potential Scintigraphic Tracer for Imaging Apoptosis: Radioiodinated Annexin V-Kunitz Protease Inhibitor Fusion Protein
1Institute of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
2Division of Isotope Application, Institute of Nuclear Energy Research, Taoyuan 325, Taiwan
3Department of Veterinary Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
4Department of Medical Research and Education, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei 112, Taiwan
5EVAS Therapeutics LLC, 613 Huntley Heights Drive, Ballwin, MO 63021, USA
6Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, 259 Wen-Hwa First Road, Kwei-Shan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
7Department of Medical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Received 29 November 2010; Accepted 15 February 2011
Academic Editor: David J. Yang
Copyright © 2011 Mei-Hsiu Liao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. G. Blankenberg, P. D. Katsikis, J. F. Tait et al., “Imaging of apoptosis (programmed cell death) with annexin V,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 184–191, 1999.
- J. F. Taiy, “Imaging of apoptosis,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 49, pp. 1573–1576, 2008.
- C. M. M. Lahorte, J. L. Vanderheyden, N. Steinmetz, C. V. De Wiele, R. A. Dierckx, and G. Slegers, “Apoptosis-detecting radioligands: current state of the art and future perspectives,” European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 887–919, 2004.
- M. Subbarayan, U. O. Häfeli, D. K. Feyes, J. Unnithan, S. N. Emancipator, and H. Mukhtar, “A simplified method for preparation of -annexin V and its biologic evaluation for in vivo imaging of apoptosis after photodynamic therapy,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 650–656, 2003.
- R. F. A. Zwaal and A. J. Schroit, “Pathophysiologic implications of membrane phospholipid asymmetry in blood cells,” Blood, vol. 89, no. 4, pp. 1121–1132, 1997.
- E. Kazuo, T. S. Noriko, K. Hajime, I. Keizo, and U. Masato, “Exposure of phosphatidylethanolamine on the surface of apoptotic cells,” Experimental Cell Research, vol. 232, no. 2, pp. 430–434, 1997.
- B. L. Wood, D. F. Gibson, and J. F. Tait, “Increased erythrocyte phosphatidylserine exposure in sickle cell disease: flow-cytometric measurement and clinical associations,” Blood, vol. 88, no. 5, pp. 1873–1880, 1996.
- J. F. Tait, C. Smith, Z. Levashova, B. Patel, F. G. Blankenberg, and J. L. Vanderheyden, “Improved detection of cell death in vivo with annexin V radiolabeled by site-specific methods,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 1546–1583, 2006.
- G. Niu and X. Chen, “Apoptosis imaging: beyond annexin V,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 51, pp. 1659–1662, 2010.
- W. L. Van Heerde, P. G. De Groot, and C. P. M. Reutelingsperger, “The complexity of the phospholipid binding protein annexin V,” Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 172–179, 1995.
- H. H. Chen, C. P. Vicente, LI. He, D. M. Tollefsen, and T. C. Wun, “Fusion proteins comprising annexin V and Kunitz protease inhibitors are highly potent thrombogenic site-directed anticoagulants,” Blood, vol. 105, no. 10, pp. 3902–3909, 2005.
- T.-C. Yen, S.-P. Wey, C.-H. Liao et al., “Measurement of the binding parameters of annexin derivative-erythrocyte membrane interactions,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 406, no. 1, pp. 70–79, 2010.
- C. Lahorte, G. Slegers, J. Philippé, C. Van de Wiele, and R. A. Dierckx, “Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of -labelled human recombinant annexin V,” Biomolecular Engineering, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 51–53, 2001.
- C. M. Lahorte, C. van de Wiele, K. Bacher et al., “Biodistribution and dosimetry study of 123I-rh-annexin V in mice and humans,” Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 871–880, 2003.
- B. Dekker, H. Keen, S. Lyons et al., “MBP-annexin V radiolabeled directly with iodine-124 can be used to image apoptosis in vivo using PET,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 241–252, 2005.
- H. G. Keen, B. A. Dekker, L. Disley et al., “Imaging apoptosis in vivo using 124I-annexin V and PET,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 395–402, 2005.
- J. Russell, J. A. O'Donoghue, R. Finn et al., “Iodination of annexin V for imaging apoptosis,” Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 671–677, 2002.