- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 680642, 12 pages
Animal Models of Bacterial Keratitis
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Received 16 October 2010; Revised 29 November 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Mary E. Marquart. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Barbara Teuchner, Christian Eitzinger, Matthias Lutz, Thomas Hager, Eduard Schmid, Nikolaos E. Bechrakis, Meghan Zuck, Andreas Jekle, Dmitri Debabov, Mark Anderson, and Markus Nagl, “ N -chlorotaurine and its analogues N,N -dichloro-2,2-dimethyltaurine and N -monochloro-2,2-dimethyltaurine are safe and effective bactericidal agents in ex vivo corneal infection models ,” Acta Ophthalmologica, vol. 90, no. 8, pp. e632–e637, 2012.
- Agnieszka Krzyzanowska, and Carlos Avendaño, “Behavioral testing in rodent models of orofacial neuropathic and inflammatory pain,” Brain and Behavior, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 678–697, 2012.
- Xianggen Wu, Haoran Jiang, Yuanyuan Xu, Wenjie Yue, Lingling Yang, Zicheng Song, Hao Chen, and Ting Liu, “ Efficacy of Gemifloxacin for the Treatment of Experimental Staphylococcus aureus Keratitis ,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 420–427, 2012.
- Yunfeng Shi, Hongling Lv, Yeyun Fu, Qingjun Lu, Jingxiang Zhong, Dong Ma, Yuexin Huang, and Wei Xue, “Preparation and characterization of a hydrogel carrier to deliver gatifloxacin and its application as a therapeutic contact lens for bacterial keratitis therapy,” Biomedical Materials, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 055007, 2013.
- David J. Evans, and Suzanne M.J. Fleiszig, “Why does the healthy cornea resist pseudomonas aeruginosa infection?,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 155, no. 6, pp. 961–e2, 2013.
- Neslihan Üstündag-Okur, Evren Homan Gökçe, Sait Eğrilmez, Özgen Özer, and Gökhan Ertan, “Novel Ofloxacin-Loaded Microemulsion Formulations for Ocular Delivery,” Journal of Ocular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, pp. 131224065631009, 2013.
- Neslihan Üstündağ-Okur, Evren Homan Gökçe, Duygu İnci Bozbıyık, Sait Eğrilmez, Özgen Özer, and Gökhan Ertan, “Preparation and in vitro-in vivo evaluation of ofloxacin loaded ophthalmic nano structured lipid carriers modified with chitosan oligosaccharide lactate for the treatment of bacterial keratitis,” European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014.
- Alex Hui, Mark Willcox, and Lyndon Jones, “In Vitro and In Vivo Evaluation of Novel Ciprofloxacin-Releasing Silicone Hydrogel Contact Lenses,” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 4896–4904, 2014.
- Anne Kasus-Jacobi, Samaneh Noor-Mohammadi, Gina L. Griffith, Heather Hinsley, Lauren Mathias, and H. Anne Pereira, “A multifunctional peptide based on the neutrophil immune defense molecule, CAP37, has antibacterial and wound-healing properties,” Journal Of Leukocyte Biology, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 341–350, 2015.
- Hong-Yan Song, Bao-Feng Qiu, Chun Liu, Shun-Xing Zhu, Sheng-Cun Wang, Jin Miao, Jing Jing, and Yi-Xiang Shao, “Identification of causative pathogens in mouse eyes with bacterial keratitis by sequence analysis of 16S rDNA libraries,” Experimental Animals, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 49–56, 2015.
- Soodabeh Davaran, Farzaneh Lotfipour, Naghmeh Sedghipour, Mohamad Reza Sedghipour, Somayeh Alimohammadi, and Roya Salehi, “Preparation and in vivo evaluation of in situ gel system as dual thermo-/pH-responsive nanocarriers for sustained ocular drug delivery,” Journal Of Microencapsulation, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 511–519, 2015.