- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 691412, 17 pages
Joint Inflammation and Early Degeneration Induced by High-Force Reaching Are Attenuated by Ibuprofen in an Animal Model of Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorder
1Division of Rheumatology, Tufts Medical Center, 800 Washington Street, Box 406, Boston, MA 02111, USA
2College of Health Professions, Pacific University, 190 SE 8th Avenue, Suite 230, Hillsboro, OR 97123, USA
3Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3500 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19140, USA
4College of Health Professions & Social Work, Temple University, 3307 North Broad Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Received 12 September 2010; Accepted 11 December 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Jeffrey B. Driban et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David M. Kietrys, Ann E. Barr, and Mary F. Barbe, “Exposure to Repetitive Tasks Induces Motor Changes Related to Skill Acquisition and Inflammation in Rats,” Journal of Motor Behavior, vol. 43, no. 6, pp. 465–476, 2011.
- Samir M. Abdelmagid, Ann E. Barr, Mario Rico, Mamta Amin, Judith Litvin, Steven N. Popoff, Fayez F. Safadi, and Mary F. Barbe, “Performance of Repetitive Tasks Induces Decreased Grip Strength and Increased Fibrogenic Proteins in Skeletal Muscle: Role of Force and Inflammation,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 5, 2012.
- Katherine E. Reuther, Stephen J. Thomas, Joseph J. Sarver, Jennica J. Tucker, Chang-Soo Lee, Chancellor F. Gray, David L. Glaser, and Louis J. Soslowsky, “Effect of return to overuse activity following an isolated supraspinatus tendon tear on adjacent intact tendons and glenoid cartilage in a rat model,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 710–715, 2012.
- David M. Kietrys, Ann E. Barr-Gillespie, Mamta Amin, Christine K. Wade, Steve N. Popoff, and Mary F. Barbe, “Aging Contributes to Inflammation in Upper Extremity Tendons and Declines in Forelimb Agility in a Rat Model of Upper Extremity Overuse,” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Laureane Nunes Masi, Amanda Roque Martins, José César Rosa Neto, Cátia Lira do Amaral, Amanda Rabello Crisma, Marco Aurélio Ramirez Vinolo, Edson Alves de Lima Júnior, Sandro Massao Hirabara, and Rui Curi, “Sunflower Oil Supplementation Has Proinflammatory Effects and Does Not Reverse Insulin Resistance in Obesity Induced by High-Fat Diet in C57BL/6 Mice,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–9, 2012.
- Laurent Bédouet, Florentina Pascale, Michel Bonneau, and Alexandre Laurent, “ In vitro evaluation of S-(+)-ibuprofen as drug candidate for intra-articular drug delivery system ,” Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Mary F. Barbe, Sean Gallagher, Vicky S. Massicotte, Michael Tytell, Steven N. Popoff, and Ann E. Barr-Gillespie, “The interaction of force and repetition on musculoskeletal and neural tissue responses and sensorimotor behavior in a rat model of work-related musculoskeletal disorders,” Bmc Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 14, 2013.
- Lorenzo Di Cesare Mannelli, Laura Micheli, Matteo Zanardelli, and Carla Ghelardini, “Low dose native type II collagen prevents pain in a rat osteoarthritis model,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 228, 2013.
- Jeffrey B. Driban, Charles B. Eaton, Grace H. Lo, Robert J. Ward, Bing Lu, and Timothy E. McAlindon, “Association of Knee Injuries With Accelerated Knee Osteoarthritis Progression: Data From the Osteoarthritis Initiative,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 1673–1679, 2014.