- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 707985, 11 pages
Experimental Model of Zymosan-Induced Arthritis in the Rat Temporomandibular Joint: Role of Nitric Oxide and Neutrophils
1Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Ceará, Sobral Campus, Avenida Comandante Maurocélio Rocha Pontes, 100 Derby, 62042-280 Sobral, CE, Brazil
2Faculty of Medicine of Sobral , Federal University of Ceará, Sobral Campus, Avenida Comandante Maurocélio Rocha Pontes, 100 Derby, 62042-280 Sobral, CE, Brazil
3Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceará, Rua Coronel Nunes Valente, 1315 Rodolfo Teófilo, 60430-270 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
4Department of Morphology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceará, Rua Delmiro de Farias, Porangabussu, 60440-261 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Received 15 September 2010; Revised 2 December 2010; Accepted 9 December 2010
Academic Editor: Oreste Gualillo
Copyright © 2011 Hellíada Vasconcelos Chaves et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Nd Nguyen Dang Hung, Dai-Eun Sok, and Mee Ree Kim, “Prevention of 1-palmitoyl lysophosphatidylcholine-induced inflammation by p olyunsaturated acyl lysophosphatidylcholine,” Inflammation Research, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 473–483, 2012.
- Delane Viana Gondim, Jéssyca Lima Costa, Suellen Sousa Rocha, Gerly Anne de Castro Brito, Ronaldo de Albuquerque Ribeiro, and Mariana Lima Vale, “Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of electroacupuncture on experimental arthritis of the rat temporomandibular joint,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 90, no. 4, pp. 395–405, 2012.
- Delane Viana Gondim, Joana Cláudia Bezerra Araújo, André Luiz Cunha Cavalcante, Alexandre Havt, Josiane da Siva Quetz, Gerly Anne de Castro Brito, Ronaldo de Albuquerque Ribeiro, and Mariana Lima Vale, “CB1 and CB2 contribute to antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory effects of electroacupuncture on experimental arthritis of the rat temporomandibular joint,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 1479–1489, 2012.
- Hui Wang, Jing Fan, Nan-lin Li, Jun-tang Li, Shi-fang Yuan, Jun Yi, Ling Wang, Jiang-hao Chen, Yong-gang Lv, Qing Yao, Ting Wang, and Rui Ling, “A Subanesthetic Dose of Isoflurane during Postconditioning Ameliorates Zymo san-Induced Neutrophil Inflammation Lung Injury and Mortality in Mice,” Mediators of Inflammation, 2013.
- D.R. do Val, M.M. Bezerra, A.A.R. Silva, K.M.A. Pereira, L.C. Rios, J.C. Lemos, N.C. Arriaga, J.N. Vasconcelos, N.M.B. Benevides, V.P.T. Pinto, G. Cristino-Filho, G.A.C. Brito, F.R.L. Silva, G.M.P. Santiago, A.M.C. Arriaga, and H.V. Chaves, “ T ephrosia toxicaria Pers. reduces temporomandibular joint inflammatory hypernociception: The involvement of the HO-1 pathway ,” European Journal of Pain, 2014.
- Renata Line da Conceição Rivanor, Hellíada Vasconcelos Chaves, Danielle Rocha do Val, Alice Ramos de Freitas, Jonas Cavalcante Lemos, José Ariévilo Gurgel Rodrigues, Karuza Maria Alves Pereira, Ianna Wivianne Fernandes de Araújo, Mirna Marques Bezerra, and Norma Maria Barros Benevides, “A lectin from the green seaweed Caulerpa cupressoides reduces mechanical hyper-nociception and inflammation in the rat temporomandibular joint during zymosan-induced arthritis,” International Immunopharmacology, 2014.
- Wilfrid Jänig, and Paul Green, “Acute inflammation in the joint: its control by the sympathetic nervous system and by neuroendocrine systems,” Autonomic Neuroscience, 2014.