- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 715251, 9 pages
Preclinical Studies with Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in Different Animal Models for Muscular Dystrophy
1Human Genome Research Center, Biosciences Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
2Biotechnology Department, National Nuclear Energy Commission-IPEN-CNEN, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Received 29 March 2011; Revised 7 May 2011; Accepted 16 May 2011
Academic Editor: Ken-ichi Isobe
Copyright © 2011 Eder Zucconi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jiang Li, Mohamed B. Ezzelarab, and David K. C. Cooper, “Do mesenchymal stem cells function across species barriers? Relevance for xenotransplantation,” Xenotransplantation, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 273–285, 2012.
- Mariane Secco, Carlos Bueno, Natassia M. Vieira, Camila Almeida, Mayra Pelatti, Eder Zucconi, Paolo Bartolini, Mariz Vainzof, Elen H. Miyabara, Oswaldo K. Okamoto, and Mayana Zatz, “Systemic Delivery of Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Combined with IGF-1 Enhances Muscle Functional Recovery in LAMA2 dy/2j Dystrophic Mice,” Stem Cell Reviews and Reports, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 93–109, 2012.
- Zheng Fan, Scott J. Schatzberg, Martin A. Styner, Kevin M. Flanigan, Xiao Xiao, Eric P. Hoffman, Joe N. Kornegay, Janet R. Bogan, Daniel J. Bogan, Martin K. Childers, Juan Li, Peter Nghiem, David A. Detwiler, C. Aaron Larsen, Robert W. Grange, Ratna K. Bhavaraju-Sanka, Sandra Tou, Bruce P. Keene, James F. Howard, and Jiahui Wang, “Canine models of Duchenne muscular dystrophy and their use in therapeutic strategies,” Mammalian Genome, vol. 23, no. 1-2, pp. 85–108, 2012.
- M. A. Peres, A. M. da Rocha, C. I. Vannucchi, C. M. Mendes, P. V. Cavalcanti, M. Nichi, C. E. Ambrosio, M. A. Miglino, J. A. Visintin, and M. E. O. D'Ávila Assumpção, “Semen analysis of Golden Retriever healthy dogs and those affected by muscular dystrophy,” Andrologia, 2013.
- Brian H. Chon, Esther J. Lee, Liufang Jing, Lori A. Setton, and Jun Chen, “Human umbilical cord mesenchymal stromal cells exhibit immature nucleus pulposus cell phenotype in a laminin-rich pseudo-three-dimensional culture system,” Stem Cell Research & Therapy, vol. 4, 2013.
- Suzanne E. Berry, “Concise Review: Mesoangioblast and Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy for Muscular Dystrophy: Progress, Challenges, and Future Directions,” Stem Cells Translational Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 91–98, 2015.