- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 790436, 5 pages
Evaluation of Itch by Using NC/NgaTnd Mice: A Model of Human Atopic Dermatitis
Laboratory of Veterinary Molecular Pathology and Therapeutics, Division of Animal Life Science, Graduate School, Institute of Agriculture, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, 3-5-8 Saiwai-cho, Fuchu, Tokyo 183-8509, Japan
Received 15 September 2010; Accepted 28 October 2010
Academic Editor: Andrea Vecchione
Copyright © 2011 Akane Tanaka and Hiroshi Matsuda. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- V. S. Beltrani, “Suggestions regarding a more appropriate understanding of atopic dermatitis,” Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 413–418, 2005.
- D. Y. M. Leung, M. Boguniewicz, M. D. Howell, I. Nomura, and Q. A. Hamid, “New insights into atopic dermatitis,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 113, no. 5, pp. 651–657, 2004.
- E. Proksch, R. Fölster-Holst, and J. M. Jensen, “Skin barrier function, epidermal proliferation and differentiation in eczema,” Journal of Dermatological Science, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 159–169, 2006.
- M. Boguniewicz, “Atopic dermatitis: beyond the itch that rashes,” Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 333–351, 2005.
- K. Kawamoto and H. Matsuda, “Spontaneous mouse model of atopic dermatitis in NC/Nga mice,” in Animal Models of Human Inflammatory Skin Diseases, L. S. Chan and , Eds., chapter 25, CRC Press, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- H. Jin, R. He, M. Oyoshi, and R. S. Geha, “Animal models of atopic dermatitis,” The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2009.
- H. Matsuda, N. Watanabe, and N. Watanabe, “Development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesion with IgE hyperproduction in NC/Nga mice,” International Immunology, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 461–466, 1997.
- M. Matsumoto, C. Ra, and C. Ra, “IgE hyperproduction through enhanced tyrosine phosphorylation of janus kinase 3 in NC/Nga mice, a model for human atopic dermatitis,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 162, no. 2, pp. 1056–1063, 1999.
- M. Matsumoto, A. Itakura, A. Tanaka, C. Fujisawa, and H. Matsuda, “Inability of IL-12 to down-regulate IgE synthesis due to defective production of IFN-γ in atopic NC/Nga mice,” Journal of Immunology, vol. 167, no. 10, pp. 5955–5962, 2001.
- C. Vestergaard, H. Yoneyama, and H. Yoneyama, “Overproduction of Th2-specific chemokines in NC/Nga mice exhibiting atopic dermatitis-like lesions,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 104, no. 8, pp. 1097–1105, 1999.
- A. Aioi, H. Tonogaito, and H. Tonogaito, “Impairment of skin barrier function in NC/Nga Tnd mice as a possible model for atopic dermatitis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 144, no. 1, pp. 12–18, 2001.
- M. Tominaga, H. Ogawa, and K. Takamori, “Decreased production of semaphorin 3A in the lesional skin of atopic dermatitis,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 158, no. 4, pp. 842–844, 2008.
- J. Yamaguchi, F. Nakamura, and F. Nakamura, “Semaphorin3A alleviates skin lesions and scratching behavior in NC/Nga mice, an atopic dermatitis model,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 128, no. 12, pp. 2842–2849, 2008.
- K. Jung, A. Tanaka, and H. Fujita, “PPARγ-mediated suppression of dendritic cells function prevents the onset of t atopic dertmatitis in NC/NgaTnd mice,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. In revision.
- T. Takada, H. Shitara, and H. Shitara, “A novel hairless mouse model on an atopic dermatitis-prone genetic background generated by receptor-mediated transgenesis,” Transgenic Research, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 1155–1162, 2008.
- I. Ishii, S. Kurozumi, K. Orito, and H. Matsuda, “Automatic scratching pattern detection for laboratory mice using high-speed video images,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 176–182, 2008.
- Y. Nie, I. Ishii, K. Yamamoto, K. Orito, and H. Matsuda, “Real-time scratching behavior quantification system for laboratory mice using high-speed vision,” Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 181–190, 2009.
- A. Tanaka, S. Muto, K. Jung, A. Itai, and H. Matsuda, “Topical application with a new NF-κB inhibitor improves atopic dermatitis in NC/NgaTnd mice,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 855–863, 2007.
- H. Tanizaki, N. Kambe, Y. Nakamura, A. Tanaka, H. Matsuda, and Y. Miyachi, “Oral administration of bepotastine besilate suppressed scratching behavior of atopic dermatitis model NC/Nga mice,” International Archives of Allergy and Immunology, vol. 145, no. 4, pp. 277–282, 2008.
- A. Tanaka, Y. Fukushima, J. Benyacoub, S. Blum, and H. Matsuda, “Prophylactic effect of oral administration of Lactobacillus johnsonii NCC533 (La1) during the weaning period on atopic dermatitis in NC/NgaTnd mice,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 136–140, 2008.
- A. Tanaka, K. Jung, and K. Jung, “Oral supplementation with Lactobacillus rhamnosus CGMCC 1.3724 prevents development of atopic dermatitis in NC/NgaTnd mice possibly by modulating local production of IFN-γ,” Experimental Dermatology, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 1022–1027, 2009.